Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:46:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What project is scam?  (Read 775 times)
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:01:01 AM

One sure way is to know if a project is scam is by checking out the developers linkedin profile that is if the project is not an anonymous one.... If you search and you don't see their linkedin or however u find it but it something related to the project is not found on the profile then it is definitely a scam

Yeah. And it's also important to be able to contact a team

Most important is read the whitepaper, the team behind the project, the partnership, Roadmap and the platforms.
There's  a project that are scam but it's easy to know if it's reliable and credible.
In the world of the crypto currency, you may encounter many of the projects which seem you to be the best project for the sake of investing of your money but later on, you get to know that the project is scam and that you have lost all of your money too. You need to think well and study well about that project and then invest only when you are dead sure that you are going to make good money out of it.
In this kind of world ,in the cryptocurrency world you'll have encounter many scammers because this worlds involves big money and others want to steal it from you.so think carefully for those scammers and i have some tips to prevent that. First, you have to research in one project or you have to gather some information in the one thing. This is the best way to prevent scammer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:12:57 AM

If you are subscribed to the campaign, or following them for a while, you can also check if they comply to their roadmap. You can pretty much tell if the campaign is legit if they are getting to their own objectives and goals.

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:21:50 PM

If you are subscribed to the campaign, or following them for a while, you can also check if they comply to their roadmap. You can pretty much tell if the campaign is legit if they are getting to their own objectives and goals.

Also it is good when a company has long lasting history and generates revenue
J-No

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:10:38 PM

Sometimes I'm fascinated by how people write messages which say nothing meaningful at all, to get their message count up  Roll Eyes
Hobbit698

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:22:46 AM

Probably to study the project? Carry at least a superficial analysis before getting down to work
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:20:06 AM

Probably to study the project? Carry at least a superficial analysis before getting down to work

It is. But scam can be made in a very professional way. The team may look honest and clear. And still it can be scam. On the other way, there can be a good project with it's faults. And people can b;ame it's a scam, when it's not

Difficult  Huh
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

We can't say perfectly which project is scam. Because Nowadays the scam project also comes with one legit website with https:// and also their white paper looks very attractive like a professional. But, you know it only after the ICO when for long time this coin is not listed in any  exchanges. So, never invest with blind eyes. Always look at the participant and the Pre-ICO to know whether the sale is successful or not.
AfterTheFork

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:33:42 AM

Unfortunately, Its almost Impossible to tell what project is a scam especially at the early moments. Mos of them normally have impressive outlook and an almost perfect marketing strategies that are so convincing that noticing a gap can be difficult, people only come to realize that there were never legitimate when its almost too late.  as a pointer, always look at the token allocation of a project, a legitimate project will always have a balance in their token allocation.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
xda-developer

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:46:39 PM

I can add that it is necessary to evaluate how the token fits into the concept of the project. Whether he is needed in this project or created exclusively for the purpose of collecting money. It is also necessary to compare how realistic the project objectives against- softcap and hardcap.

invo

Activity: 535

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:57:07 PM

One sure way is to know if a project is scam is by checking out the developers linkedin profile that is if the project is not an anonymous one.... If you search and you don't see their linkedin or however u find it but it something related to the project is not found on the profile then it is definitely a scam

Yeah. And it's also important to be able to contact a team

Most important is read the whitepaper, the team behind the project, the partnership, Roadmap and the platforms.
There's  a project that are scam but it's easy to know if it's reliable and credible.
In the world of the crypto currency, you may encounter many of the projects which seem you to be the best project for the sake of investing of your money but later on, you get to know that the project is scam and that you have lost all of your money too. You need to think well and study well about that project and then invest only when you are dead sure that you are going to make good money out of it.
In this kind of world ,in the cryptocurrency world you'll have encounter many scammers because this worlds involves big money and others want to steal it from you.so think carefully for those scammers and i have some tips to prevent that. First, you have to research in one project or you have to gather some information in the one thing. This is the best way to prevent scammer
yes indeed, and many more scammers will appear in the next following months, if cryptocurrency gain more demand as it does last year, crypto world will be full of scammers.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Tanzion27

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 07:58:20 PM

it's really hard to say who is the good or bad, or like the scam or not, sometimes those project seems promising and really has a good community and many more, it was like disguising in a better way, so It's really hard to figure out that, and sometimes the one that really worst in every aspect is the one that will be successful. So better to take some time reviewing each phase and try to consult with others, friends or the one that is more experienced than you

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
potassium40

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

You can't always be sure if a project scam or not. But I decided to make a list of steps every newbie should cross before investing a project  Shocked

Step 1 - you need to visit a website. You need to make sure there is white paper, team, advisors and links to social networks (a project without this information can't be trusted);

Step 2 - you need to read a white paper carefully. Pay your attention to the idea, concept and realization;

Step 3 - check out all social networks and blogs. If the project is alive there should be regular updates;

Step 4 - you need to contact the team. The feedback is very important thing. If the team doesn't answer you it is a bad sign;

Step 5 - join this project community (telegram chat or btctalk tread). There should be 24/7 communication;

Step 6 - google information about the project. Read articles about the project, try to find team interview and events they recently visited. It is good if a company exists for a couple of years, has its history and generates revenue;

Step 7 - read information about advisors. If advisors have a good reputation and they have their successful projects.

Here are good developed communities examples:

https://t.me/kickcity_chat
https://t.me/matchpool

If you have you ideas please share. Let's make crypto community safe together!  Wink

thank yoy so much for your guide! if only 9 ghad it sevral years ago.. well, at least now i have my experience to help me through this life
potassium40

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:02:49 PM

it's really hard to say who is the good or bad, or like the scam or not, sometimes those project seems promising and really has a good community and many more, it was like disguising in a better way, so It's really hard to figure out that, and sometimes the one that really worst in every aspect is the one that will be successful. So better to take some time reviewing each phase and try to consult with others, friends or the one that is more experienced than you
i think you will fail one or two times, it is sad, bit only this way we get the necezsary experience whoch can save us fro  further failures
*kimcil*

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:14:26 PM

Thank you for sharing, and I think that is in line with what I analyzed before assessing the ICO project. What you share is the deciding factor for evaluating fraud projects. I used to read white paper. Roadmap and see the development team. This is very useful for people who are not familiar with fraudulent projects with good projects.
hason88hvbc

Activity: 242
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:40:11 PM

Thank you for your sharing. What you share is the decisive factor for evaluating a fraudulent project.
almanPeter

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:01:08 PM

The author gives really good advice. I have been working with some projects recently and I cant tell that some of them are a real deal

My favorite one is Socratus. Their WP is legit and their team made big progress, I consulted some of their investors and the Project is geting bigger everyday. Look them up maybe you will also be interested in their Project Wink
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:04:13 PM

I have already experienced being scammed by a project and it was very awful. Salpay is the ICO name and they did not paid their bounty participants after the ICO. They did not also updated us on what is happening.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
trinhdao078

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:52:37 AM

What is nice about this list is that it will help you recognize good ICO's most of the time.
It is better to learn how to recognize the good ones. The bad ones will be filtered out then.
sharkpc2000

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:10:37 PM

that would be fats. on the contrary each should be cagey with this database, thanks to sole excommunication good project
Israel712

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:55:11 PM

All the steps listed by the initiator of this discussion are important to be followed. But even when all this criteria are fulfilled a project may need up being a scam where the bounty manager may decided not to pay say bounty hunters although hardcap was reached. We can't challenge this kind of experience for now but accept it in good fate should that be your experience.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: