Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What project is scam?  (Read 775 times)
konco kereng

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:30:27 AM

information is very interesting and at this time I just found out that many steps that must be done to know the project is a scam or not,
and I think this is something I should look at to help my work in choosing a project, in addition I will bookmark this link for an interest in my work.
thank you for your information and hopefully many people who helped with the topic that you created it.

►► D E A L J O Y - Earn Crypto by shopping online  (https://dealjoy.io)◄◄
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:27:07 AM

You can't always be sure if a project scam or not. But I decided to make a list of steps every newbie should cross before investing a project  Shocked

Step 1 - you need to visit a website. You need to make sure there is white paper, team, advisors and links to social networks (a project without this information can't be trusted);

Step 2 - you need to read a white paper carefully. Pay your attention to the idea, concept and realization;

Step 3 - check out all social networks and blogs. If the project is alive there should be regular updates;

Step 4 - you need to contact the team. The feedback is very important thing. If the team doesn't answer you it is a bad sign;

Step 5 - join this project community (telegram chat or btctalk tread). There should be 24/7 communication;

Step 6 - google information about the project. Read articles about the project, try to find team interview and events they recently visited. It is good if a company exists for a couple of years, has its history and generates revenue;

Step 7 - read information about advisors. If advisors have a good reputation and they have their successful projects.

Here are good developed communities examples:

https://t.me/kickcity_chat
https://t.me/matchpool

If you have you ideas please share. Let's make crypto community safe together!  Wink

thankyou for posting this this is quiet useful info for a newbie like my self

welcome  Smiley
btcbabhh

Activity: 307

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:50:42 AM

The first thing to look at is the project team. The project team must be reliable, honest and experienced. See the project's social media accounts. If the accounts are current and active, we know that the team is hardworking. It provides us with information on the white paper progeny product. Ico rating sites are important.
Eddyc

Activity: 1015
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:40:59 PM

You can't always be sure if a project scam or not. But I decided to make a list of steps every newbie should cross before investing a project  Shocked

Step 1 - you need to visit a website. You need to make sure there is white paper, team, advisors and links to social networks (a project without this information can't be trusted);

Step 2 - you need to read a white paper carefully. Pay your attention to the idea, concept and realization;

Step 3 - check out all social networks and blogs. If the project is alive there should be regular updates;

Step 4 - you need to contact the team. The feedback is very important thing. If the team doesn't answer you it is a bad sign;

Step 5 - join this project community (telegram chat or btctalk tread). There should be 24/7 communication;

Step 6 - google information about the project. Read articles about the project, try to find team interview and events they recently visited. It is good if a company exists for a couple of years, has its history and generates revenue;

Step 7 - read information about advisors. If advisors have a good reputation and they have their successful projects.

I would like to congratulate you for the information and concepts shown in your topic, but despite following all these steps we know that we can come across a scam, there are sophisticated means that can fool everyone and even experienced investors. Particularly, by adding step 8- Flexibility in the informative readings, the security is almost perfect.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

I would like to congratulate you for the information and concepts shown in your topic, but despite following all these steps we know that we can come across a scam, there are sophisticated means that can fool everyone and even experienced investors. Particularly, by adding step 8- Flexibility in the informative readings, the security is almost perfect.

This is just red lines. Like, the most important factors
Lama_in_da_house

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:27:30 AM

Useful tread! Thank you!
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:45:28 AM

If you have you ideas please share. Let's make crypto community safe together!  Wink

Thanks for your sharing and I think I will benefit from it.

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:03:26 PM

Thanks for your sharing and I think I will benefit from it.

I'm glad you like it  Smiley
rainaz

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:31:52 PM

i think airdrop project = 9/10 scam Roll Eyes Shocked Sad
J-No

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:37:00 PM

I would estimate at least half of projects I have seen people screaming scam at, are just failed projects which started with good intentions.

How is that different from any startup in Silicon Valley? Most of those fail, but they are not scams.

Screaming scam is as fashionable in crypto as self diagnosed "gluten intolerance" is in the real world.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:52:59 PM

I would estimate at least half of projects I have seen people screaming scam at, are just failed projects which started with good intentions.

How is that different from any startup in Silicon Valley? Most of those fail, but they are not scams.

Screaming scam is as fashionable in crypto as self diagnosed "gluten intolerance" is in the real world.

Absolutely agree. If a project fail it does not mean it's a scam
konco kereng

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:57:57 PM

from each step I think it still needs to analyze from the project and you should also see the sales transaction from an ico if it is or is nearing the target then the project will have great potential for future investment.

►► D E A L J O Y - Earn Crypto by shopping online  (https://dealjoy.io)◄◄
htconem7

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:04:19 PM

I don't believe taking a photo of the teams and managers  will help to know a scam ICO. The scam ICO's to me they have the most effective team, they are there to answer any question and they solved problems anytime you call on them a topical. Good idea is to take a foto of the team and check on google. Sometimes you can find that this is not a real person or different name
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:39:54 PM

I don't believe taking a photo of the teams and managers  will help to know a scam ICO. The scam ICO's to me they have the most effective team, they are there to answer any question and they solved problems anytime you call on them a topical. Good idea is to take a foto of the team and check on google. Sometimes you can find that this is not a real person or different name

Also, I believe that it is very important when an investor is able to talk with each team member. That is why a developed community of a project is crucial
ico_dna

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:07:27 PM

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and banish the “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on common knowledge. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However, first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this short anonymous survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this to create better transparency regarding ICOs.

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:15:44 PM

One sure way is to know if a project is scam is by checking out the developers linkedin profile that is if the project is not an anonymous one.... If you search and you don't see their linkedin or however u find it but it something related to the project is not found on the profile then it is definitely a scam
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:42:30 AM

One sure way is to know if a project is scam is by checking out the developers linkedin profile that is if the project is not an anonymous one.... If you search and you don't see their linkedin or however u find it but it something related to the project is not found on the profile then it is definitely a scam

Yeah. And it's also important to be able to contact a team
J-No

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:18:58 AM

Does not that make Bitcoin a scam by definition?
Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:53:58 AM

Most important is read the whitepaper, the team behind the project, the partnership, Roadmap and the platforms.
There's  a project that are scam but it's easy to know if it's reliable and credible.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:57:14 AM

Most important is read the whitepaper, the team behind the project, the partnership, Roadmap and the platforms.
There's  a project that are scam but it's easy to know if it's reliable and credible.
In the world of the crypto currency, you may encounter many of the projects which seem you to be the best project for the sake of investing of your money but later on, you get to know that the project is scam and that you have lost all of your money too. You need to think well and study well about that project and then invest only when you are dead sure that you are going to make good money out of it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: