Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pictures] ANACS new slabs  (Read 1158 times)
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:10:05 PM

At least they didn't sweep any of the coins

You mean peel and sweep.  That has been a worry that they at some point will have a rougue employee who who wait for a good "batch" to come in and hit it hard.  Sounds paranoid but this exists for any company you send a coin to.  Just takes one dopehead to get his hands on a couple hundred thousands of dollars to wipe out your stack

How about not using any coin grading service at all as long as you have eye(s).

Anacs altered their grading behavior in the past which sucks in addition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JUPITYR

Activity: 463
Merit: 74

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

At least they didn't sweep any of the coins

You mean peel and sweep.  That has been a worry that they at some point will have a rougue employee who who wait for a good "batch" to come in and hit it hard.  Sounds paranoid but this exists for any company you send a coin to.  Just takes one dopehead to get his hands on a couple hundred thousands of dollars to wipe out your stack

How about not using any coin grading service at all as long as you have eye(s).

Anacs altered their grading behavior in the past which sucks in addition.

There are a lot of reasons to want to slab cryptocoins, as much as any other type of coin.  I think what most are upset about is that we had a nice thing going with ANACS until they decided to alter the process to the degree they have.  Granted, not perfect, but it was tolerable.  Now they've tanked the whole program for us.

So at this point there is either the ICG option or keeping them raw.  So I guess collectors will choose one or the other at this point. 
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2206
Merit: 3166

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:18:57 AM

It just completely lost its professional appearance. Not sure why Anacs would want to hurt their brand like this, unless they just want to get rid of the whole crypto grading thing.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:29:53 AM

It just completely lost its professional appearance. Not sure why Anacs would want to hurt their brand like this, unless they just want to get rid of the whole crypto grading thing.

As I have noted a few times, it's actually like they want to ditch us as customers, but also just take our money and not do any QC if not.

Paul DeFelice is a fucking lying prick, and I hope he gets fired, as I'm writing a letter to his boss outlining how he fucked the whole program over with his lies and delays... Fucking idiots should have kept grading under the old labels until they were ready. Instead, they held our coins hostage, and gave us shit and/or lied when we complained, now they have a huge backlog to deal with. Fucking morons of the highest order.  

BTW here is his twitter. Feel free to yell at him as I did yesterday via phone - Am I really the only one who dares yell at the fucking douchenozzles for fucking us over for months? Huh

https://twitter.com/ANACSCoin/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:11:08 AM

Agreed, that new slab looks terrible.   I don't understand how they look at that and think it looks professional.   I'm actually OK with them not certifying the bitcoin value for legal reasons.   The scams that have happened on here with Alitin and such put them at risk for a lawsuit if the coin says "funded".

Maybe some good will come out of this.   Maybe they will see these complaints and make new holders and the coins graded in these will become "Ultra rare ANACS butt-ugly slabs".

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:23:06 AM

Agreed, that new slab looks terrible.   I don't understand how they look at that and think it looks professional.   I'm actually OK with them not certifying the bitcoin value for legal reasons.   The scams that have happened on here with Alitin and such put them at risk for a lawsuit if the coin says "funded".

Maybe some good will come out of this.   Maybe they will see these complaints and make new holders and the coins graded in these will become "Ultra rare ANACS butt-ugly slabs".

No. They won't do any of that. I talked at length with Paul DeFelice yesterday, and explained all this shit. Here is the result:

1. Regarding slab "Warning" - It's for new people so they won't blame anacs. I questioned the actual use of that in court, then he got REALLY defensive. I told him, "anyone buying crypto coins should know this already" but he doesnt' care, it's about protecting new people (Sounded like new people meaning old men who collect normal coins lol).

2. The slab color will not be changed from Green, nor will the text be changed to white for proper visibility (That's a hard NO on both, straight from the scumbag liars mouth).

3. The most I have gotten is a "Chance" to return my coins for holo fixes, and a reholder for the hair in my slab.

4. They seriously don't care about us - After I got pissed at him, he tried to send all my coins back ungraded.. Fuck that, I paid them, so I said grade them, then I'll send them all back for repair since your hologram is shit now. 

Fuck Anacs from now on.....  Sad

#EOF

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:26:12 AM
Merited by anorganix (1)

@owlcatz , you are right about the fact that we should all complain.
That might be the only thing to make them review their service, and show some more professionalism towards their customers again.

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:45:28 PM

That is funny.  I don't have a Twitter account or otherwise I'd be piling on too!!
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:26:31 AM

Now they are being ultra assholes and sending all my coins back registered usps instead of UPS which will take more time and effort to receive properly. Even a larger order that would normally be sent UPS is now USPS. Fuck these guys, let me know if I'm alone there? Tongue 

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:46:06 AM

Yeah.....not sure what might have caused them to do that.   Wink

Still, they have conducted themselves horribly over the last few months.  I wouldn't be shocked if they up and decided to stop accepting crypto submissions altogether.  Which is fine with me since I will never send another coin to them. 
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:48:48 AM

The new ones are so ugly it almost seems they don't want crypto coin business, if that was the intent I think they got what they wanted.

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:54:26 AM

I've requested the name and mailing address of mr. DeFelice's supervisor via support email, after asking why they are shipping everything like this now.. Will update next week, I think Monday is a holiday, not sure for them. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:07:41 PM

The new ones are so ugly it almost seems they don't want crypto coin business, if that was the intent I think they got what they wanted.

I don't really have a problem with the new green slab design. The overall quality of their work is the problem. Badly graded coins, badly placed holograms, general lack of professionalism etc.

mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:53:07 PM

Damn, they realy are screwing things up. Did you contact them about the crapy holo´s?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:45:23 PM

ANACS has also reminded me why I hate USPS Registered Mail.  Takes half a century for a package to go from one coast of the USA to the other.   Angry
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:54:22 PM

ANACS has also reminded me why I hate USPS Registered Mail.  Takes half a century for a package to go from one coast of the USA to the other.   Angry

I just ran into this a couple weeks ago except the package was only going a short distance.  I was under the impression Registered was a higher level of quality than Priority but I haven't seen it recently.

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:01:44 PM

I just ran into this a couple weeks ago except the package was only going a short distance.  I was under the impression Registered was a higher level of quality than Priority but I haven't seen it recently.

They seem to be shipping all cryptos via usps registered mail. Which is safer than UPS, but does take longer...

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:30:46 AM

They seem to be shipping all cryptos via usps registered mail. Which is safer than UPS, but does take longer...
It's tracked the whole way, and only specific people can deliver registered mail as well. That's why it takes longer, but you almost never lose registered mail.

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 03:31:37 AM

It's tracked the whole way, and only specific people can deliver registered mail as well. That's why it takes longer, but you almost never lose registered mail.

Registered is the best if you are not in a rush. Not only is the package signed for every time someone handles it, but it is also stored in a safe at each location. USPS Registered is the safest way to ship in the USA hands down. I do agree having to show up at the post office is a hassle, but with the value of these coins it is well worth it imo.
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:47:21 AM

I get it.  Definitely a nice thing to be assured of getting your stuff.  That said I've had it take over a month to get packages back from PCGS.  I don't care how safe Registered Mail is, a month is just ridiculous.  FFS we can blast cars into space but we can't get a package coast to coast in under a month?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: