Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluzelle - Block chain SQL Database  (Read 305 times)
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:26:16 PM

So I came across this coin today, Bluzelle.
https://bluzelle.com/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bluzelle/

From what I can see, looking through the white paper and reading what I can, it appears to be a decentralised sql database on the blockchain, very interesting and practical idea, this is not a file store like Sia and the likes, but more a competitor for information databases like oracle and sql server.

Here is a cut from the white paper

CRUD stands for “create, read, update, and delete” for the four basic functions pertaining to
databases and permanent storage. CRUD covers the functionality of relational databases, where
each of create, read, update, and delete can be mapped to corresponding SQL and HTTP
methods.

I've not seen another project like this yet, I wonder how it would perform, it couldn't possibly be as quick as a database on a local server, but not all applications require speed, I can think of many cases where this is practical even with slower than local performance.

What do we all think? any other projects like this that I've missed?

Cap is 100 million, could be a good one.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:26:07 PM

I bought a bit last week...I am actually a bit on the red on it but it should pump (because it is a good coin) once we are out of this slump.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:37:26 PM

Interesting idea, I have never heard of this coin. Could anyone enlighten me what is the advantage of having an SQL-like database on a blockchain? I thought that both vertical and horizontal scaling issues are generally solved with NoSQL databases (beginner's opinion alert).
bitcoinsay

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Presale starts on 28th of April!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:52:39 PM

This project will develop more. In 2018, they will talk a lot about their name.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄██▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄██▄▄
▄████████▄     ▄████████▄
███████▀▀  ▄   ▄  ▀▀███████
██████▀  ▄█████████▄  ▀██████
██████  ▄█████████████▄  ██████
█████  █████████████████  █████
██████  █████████████████  ██████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
████  ███████████████████  ████
▀▀█▀   ▀███████████████▀   ▀█▀▀
▄      ▀█████████████▀      ▄
█▄   ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄   ▄█
▀  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████  ▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
               ▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄██████
   ▄▄▄███████▀████
▀█████████▀ ▄████
   ▀████▀ ▄██████
      ▀ ▄███████
        ██▀█████
        █   ▀██

▄▄▄▄
      ▄█████
      ███
    ▄▄███▄▄
    ███████
      ███
      ███
      ███
           ▄▄▄
 █▄       █████▄▀
 ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████
   █████████████
    ▀██████████
    ▄████████
▄▄████████▀▀

██▄     ▄██▄
 ████▄  ▄█████
 ███████████ █
 ██████████ ██
 █████████ ███
 ████▀███ ████
 ████  ▀ █████
 ▀███     ▀▀██
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:08:28 PM

Bluzelle's ICO was highly rated, and their team is jam packed with all-stars, including the creator of GNU Bash as an advisor. I've got high hopes for it, and I'm waiting for the price to drop a bit lower before I take a position.

penig

Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:25:00 PM

Bluzelle's ICO was highly rated, and their team is jam packed with all-stars, including the creator of GNU Bash as an advisor. I've got high hopes for it, and I'm waiting for the price to drop a bit lower before I take a position.

Yes, missed this until too late, couldnt get on the list.  Undecided Saw Brian Fox and know this is something different from the run of the mill fundraiser, this is going to be the sort of project that becomes foundation of future technologies.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:02:17 AM

Interesting idea, I have never heard of this coin. Could anyone enlighten me what is the advantage of having an SQL-like database on a blockchain? I thought that both vertical and horizontal scaling issues are generally solved with NoSQL databases (beginner's opinion alert).

I wouldn't view it as a competitor to local or cloud databases, the gains come from being a decentralized tech that we can tap in to using dApps, it adds more to the blockchain stack as a whole.

many examples where you don't have high requests or the need for speed on databases, take most forms of data entry systems as an example.

As for how well it scales, time shall tell
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:08:13 AM

Bluzelle is high rated ICO, already the price is really high in the market when compared to the ICO, SQL most secured data base where we can store large amounts of data in database. This creates lot of security for people who looks for this database.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:26:46 AM

Bluzelle is high rated ICO, already the price is really high in the market when compared to the ICO, SQL most secured data base where we can store large amounts of data in database. This creates lot of security for people who looks for this database.

Yeah it's not dropped after hitting exchanges, the ICO raised about $19.5 million which was their goal.
so we're up a good 5-6x since.

This thing could be huge, if the project is a success it deserves top 20.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:43:38 AM

I wouldn't view it as a competitor to local or cloud databases, the gains come from being a decentralized tech that we can tap in to using dApps, it adds more to the blockchain stack as a whole.

many examples where you don't have high requests or the need for speed on databases, take most forms of data entry systems as an example.

As for how well it scales, time shall tell

Thanks for explanation, dApps didn't come to my mind. There is certainly a lot of development ahead of us. I am putting Bluzelle on my radar Smiley
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:09:54 AM

What do you guys think is the potential market cap for Bluzelle? I don't know how much of a market SQL database apps actually have, although I'm happy to have a new database on the scene. I'm a web admin and most databases are a nightmare to work with. Hopefully this isn't.

captain8

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

Just missed out on the bluzelle ico (got the wrong day)

Seems like a great project, if you can jump in on a minor dip you're sure to see good returns!

preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:25:50 PM

What do you guys think is the potential market cap for Bluzelle? I don't know how much of a market SQL database apps actually have, although I'm happy to have a new database on the scene. I'm a web admin and most databases are a nightmare to work with. Hopefully this isn't.

Hard to say but as a developer I value a blockchain database more than file storage on blockchain, this has got me pretty excited for application potential, with this I could develop a full system on the block chain, all projects I work on in the real world use a database, not as many use file storage, I don't see a huge gain in blockchain file storage outside of applications, this is just my view but we have cloud file storage systems that cost near nothing, for personal storage I'm fine with these.

You have Sia at 840 million cap as a file storage coin with competition out there.

Bluzelle is the first database coin which looks to succeed, there is also bigchainDB but it's not on CMC, no public team and no real progress so I don't put this one in the running.

Based on all of that, if Bluzelle deliver they could hit a 500 million to 1+ billion cap.

To me it's the missing part required to develop complete blockchain applications, I'm going big on this one but I'm not sure at it's current price point, I'll monitor and if I have to buy in a little higher so be it, still waiting on a roadmap but the whitepaper sounds solid.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:55:50 PM

Actually I missed the bluezelle ICO and was dying hard to get this coin before listing on binance. Finally it got listed and without any second thought I bought a bag on binance at 30 cents. We all know how MySQL is successful in the web development world likewise bluezelle is building a working database platform but completely decentralised in nature. This is a big industry if bluezelle keeps its promises then I won't be shocked if this coin reaches $1 billion + marketcap.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:52:32 PM

I am pretty sure that bluzelle will start mooning quickly as soon as market is recovered and altcoins start to go in a bullish trend.
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:58:33 PM

A very good project and a very promising coin. I will wait for a small price reduction and plan to buy this week.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:15:04 PM

I keep 10,000, I will hold long term until the end of 2018. It did not show his true potential.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:02:26 PM

Bluzelle is the next big thing IMO, the project is very sound, good team, and forming strong partnership. I think has the platform matures and more developmental updates are being released we will see the full potential of the project and the price will follow, I can see this in $500 million cap range
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:26:34 PM

Actually I missed the bluezelle ICO and was dying hard to get this coin before listing on binance. Finally it got listed and without any second thought I bought a bag on binance at 30 cents. We all know how MySQL is successful in the web development world likewise bluezelle is building a working database platform but completely decentralised in nature. This is a big industry if bluezelle keeps its promises then I won't be shocked if this coin reaches $1 billion + marketcap.
Guys, main goal for most databases is performance. But I don't understand which performance will if DB need sync first after execute selections. And where is will be store data in this case? Sia? Storj? What price for byte will be?
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:39:18 PM

I missed the Bluzelle ICO too. It is about 5x from ICO prices currently and is
a good buy at $0.60. Could go down to $0.50 again or not so limited downside here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: