Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-currency prepaid MasterCard  (Read 153 times)
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

What do you know about the GLOBCOIN Multi-currency Prepaid MasterCard ?

"After opening an account and getting an IBAN at glob-coin.com in two minutes, you can start adding funds to your prepaid card via bank transfer or debit/credit card in the currency of your choice. Our Globcoin® Multi Currency Saving Account and our Multi Currency Prepaid MasterCard are accessible online or with the app."

Available currencies:GB Pound £, US Dollar $, EURO €, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar or Polish Zloty.

The blog post: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/why-our-multi-currency-card-is-exactly-what-you-need-in-2018-be520834d79
Their website: www.glob-coin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:17:39 PM

Doesnt it seem rather limited? since there are only 6 available currencies? I would think a USD bank account would be more useful, based on my experience traveling. Since anywhere you go, you could automatically convert USD to the local currency. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SiberianWanderer

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:57:50 PM

"After opening an account and getting an IBAN at glob-coin.com in two minutes, you can start adding funds to your prepaid card via bank transfer or debit/credit card in the currency of your choice. Our Globcoin® Multi Currency Saving Account and our Multi Currency Prepaid MasterCard are accessible online or with the app."

Available currencies:GB Pound £, US Dollar $, EURO €, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar or Polish Zloty.

It is not clear if the card can be loaded with the major cryptocurrencies (especially since you are doing an ICO) and if it can be applied by non-EU citizens?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:01:10 PM

it looks like yet more card based vapourware. i'm starting to get seriously tired of these.

not a single one has delivered a functioning card that people can use as far as i can tell. i wish they'd stop linking these things to some bullshit token or ico and just issue cards that can be loaded by anyone's bitcoin.
SiberianWanderer

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:09:10 PM

not a single one has delivered a functioning card that people can use as far as i can tell.

Though I haven't personally used them yet, I know people have had success with MisterTango (Lithuania based, EU only) and WageCan (Taiwan based) cards, neither are issued by Wave Crest. Thinking about giving WageCan a try, despite of the high fees.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:13:27 PM

Though I haven't personally used them yet, I know people have had success with MisterTango (Lithuania based, EU only) and WageCan (Taiwan based) cards, neither are issued by Wave Crest. Thinking about giving WageCan a try, despite of the high fees.

yep. they work. but they're pre existing cards.

i was referring to stuff like the monaco card. it promises a huge amount. it's delivered nothing. any time on these sites i see something along the lines of 'available to token holders' i click away immediately.
SiberianWanderer

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:18:44 PM

yep. they work. but they're pre existing cards.

i was referring to stuff like the monaco card. it promises a huge amount. it's delivered nothing. any time on these sites i see something along the lines of 'available to token holders' i click away immediately.

Ok, I see your point. I agree its mostly vapourware, though I am keeping a close watch on the upcoming FuzeX card, really interesting concept and seems to be the only one which might actually deliver.
Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:18:21 PM

It was predictable that one day someone would come up with the idea. Globalization is increasing and demands more flexibility with exchanges and currencies. Soon there will be a multi card for cryptocurrencies, as well!
vidprab5

Activity: 222

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:36:13 AM

The blog post: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/why-our-multi-currency-card-is-exactly-what-you-need-in-2018-be520834d79
So let me guess– the GLOBCOIN Multi–Currency Prepaid MasterCard card is just a card that you can fund and use at ATM Machines? Well, it’s quite good, I won’t tell no lie, but it’s not all that important to me. Why do I even need to fund a different card apart from the one I’m using? Even if it means changing to a different currency? It won’t be useful for me. And even my Bitcoin wallet can  let you fund in different currencies. It’s good, but not for me.

EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:19:23 PM

So let me guess– the GLOBCOIN Multi–Currency Prepaid MasterCard card is just a card that you can fund and use at ATM Machines? Well, it’s quite good, I won’t tell no lie, but it’s not all that important to me. Why do I even need to fund a different card apart from the one I’m using? Even if it means changing to a different currency? It won’t be useful for me. And even my Bitcoin wallet can  let you fund in different currencies. It’s good, but not for me.

Yeah it's more for people who are CONSTANTLY using different currencies, because it's free of charge, there's no foreign exchange commission and there are no hidden fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: