Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to get the best API for altcoin price?  (Read 253 times)
tech72 (OP)

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:22:47 PM

Hi,

I wanted to create a new website, it's something like CMC (coinmarketcap), but in better version & interface.

My question is, what are the best source for me to pull the data (coin price) through API?

I know we got lots of sources such as:

- coinmarketcap.com
- coincap.io
- coinapi.io (not free)
- worldcoinindex.com

..and many more.

But i need the best source for...

1. Very accurate price
2. Stable
3. Support more coin
4. Support more exchange

I know i can also pull the api / data straight from the exchange websites for more stable and accurate price. But the problem is, there's too many exchange sites.

Do you have any other solution?

Thank you very much!

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:34:58 PM

It wouldn't make any sense to create a better version of CoinMarketCap and use their API. If you are serious about the project and you don't want to encounter issues in the future. I suggest pulling the price from different exchanges and calculate the average yourself and since you think there are too many, try to take the most known ones: Poloniex, Bittrex, Binance, HitBtc, Huobi. I see no other options honestly, so either take it from the sites you mentioned (which I don't recommend as they are competitors) or exchanges like I said.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tech72 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:59:18 PM

It wouldn't make any sense to create a better version of CoinMarketCap and use their API. If you are serious about the project and you don't want to encounter issues in the future. I suggest pulling the price from different exchanges and calculate the average yourself and since you think there are too many, try to take the most known ones: Poloniex, Bittrex, Binance, HitBtc, Huobi. I see no other options honestly, so either take it from the sites you mentioned (which I don't recommend as they are competitors) or exchanges like I said.
Thank you. But how about coinapi.io? It's not free, but I never try it yet.
I can pull the API data from any exchange for the coin price. No problem with that..
But this is the hardest part... (exchange data): https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Gatzuma

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:11:09 AM

CoinAPI looks very interesting. Did you already try it for the service?

And yet another thing to consideration - will you use aggreagated data like OHLCV or raw data ticks to compute them by yourself?
IonicTong

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 10:19:08 AM

https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/

In my opinion this is the most easy to integrate, offers historical data and is free to use.
tht222

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

I am working on a crypto site with somewhat similar functionality and I opted in for using the exchange APIs. I added the top 30 exchanges can calling the ticker for the top 100 coins. I think this is the best way since I don't rely on just one API and if one of them goes, it won't kill my entire site.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:14:26 PM

There are various payment API service in the market. I suggest to go with the Coingate or Bitpay. Most of the large scale ecommerce site recently adopted the bitcoin as the payment mode. They have added Coingate and Bitpay only.

I have recently paid for perfectmine license amount using the Coingate API only.
Once transaction reflected to dynamic address for the concern IP. It picks up.
Gatzuma

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:10:08 PM

From my own investigations CoinAPI and CryptoCompare both seems like stable and easy-to-use sources for crypto rates historical / real-time data.
Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:34:58 PM

Hi,

I wanted to create a new website, it's something like CMC (coinmarketcap), but in better version & interface.

My question is, what are the best source for me to pull the data (coin price) through API?

I know we got lots of sources such as:

- coinmarketcap.com
- coincap.io
- coinapi.io (not free)
- worldcoinindex.com

..and many more.

But i need the best source for...

1. Very accurate price
2. Stable
3. Support more coin
4. Support more exchange

I know i can also pull the api / data straight from the exchange websites for more stable and accurate price. But the problem is, there's too many exchange sites.

Do you have any other solution?

Thank you very much!

Now I'm doing a similar project.
The sites you mentioned are not bad, and they have a good API. A large amount of data that can be pulled out and even built analytics.

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
kniagolo

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:34:47 PM

There is a product on the market already, that has multi-blockchain integrations & over 100 exchanges data ,by the name of https://cryptoapis.io/ . It has numerous features and is focused on interoperability within the crypto and blockchain world.
nesiroo

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:58:19 PM

You can checkout https://coinograph.io for real-time and historical data for major exchanges
tech72 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 02:24:51 PM

UPDATE:

What are the best provider for historical data?

That support ..
OHLCV
Websockets
Order Book
etc

I already search many of them such as nomics , shrimpy ,  coinmarketcap , wyre , coincap , coinapi.io , coingecko , kaiko(din't check yet)
But most of them are not perfect or either very expensive, no websockets, no OHLCV 

While for real time data, do you think is it possible to use CCXT?
Even though most of people are only use CCXT for bot or data analyst

Never heard anyone use CCXT to make coin aggregate website like CMC or other coin index does.

If anyone can help me finding the best solution and idea for both problem.
I'll give you $100 worth of BTC

Thanks.

Zeru.com
tardis_thad

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 01:24:41 PM

Please check out https://tardis.dev as well. For real-time normalized WebSocket data you can try https://github.com/tardis-dev/tardis-node as CCXT alternative.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: