Print  
Author Topic: Tether  (Read 230 times)
Ravvish2 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
⇾ Tether
February 14, 2018, 04:39:15 PM

What is the speciality of tether?Why most people use it?
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:01:43 PM

Everything is very simple. Once you start trading on the stock exchanges, you will realize that you need such an instrument to save money. And this tool is Tether, it allows you to fix your deposit in USDT.

Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

This is a very convenient way to send your dollars between exchanges. Many also use tether for arbitrage trading.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

Only a stable course. This is usability for the average user during the big volatility of markets. They say that exchanges use it for other purposes.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:07:08 PM
Merited by Crytptohack (2)

Tether is worth $1 and have been worth $1 for 99.99% of the times. that makes it special.

but "most people" don't use it because it is shady and it is risky although it may seem convenient at times. the company behind it is printing more and more of it like mad men and if some day that company (which is the owner of bitfinex also) disappears Tether will disappear with them.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:07:58 PM

I think tether like a fiat, The price is stable and USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like other cryptocurrency, you can transact and store tethers with any Omni Layer enabled wallet.
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:11:25 PM

Tether is worth $1 and have been worth $1 for 99.99% of the times. that makes it special.

but "most people" don't use it because it is shady and it is risky although it may seem convenient at times. the company behind it is printing more and more of it like mad men and if some day that company (which is the owner of bitfinex also) disappears Tether will disappear with them.

The only reason people think that is because of the current on going investigations, but they have reason to suspect shady business. Tell me, why would a company who has a transparent blockchain not hand over records right away and say here look 1:1 dollars in every account; it is all there accounted for. I will tell you why, it is because they probably don't have it and for that reason I stay very clear of this weird token.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:12:44 PM

Personally I use it during big BTC/altcoin correction. Tetcher is most stable coin comparing to USD during market dumps

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:20:21 PM

It's a way to trade on cryptocurrency exchanges which do not accept fiat deposit/withdrawl. USDT is used instead of US $ in order to stabilize your profits in dollar value. For example, if the cryptocurrency market is dropping rapidly, your stop-losses are made to USDT - since the value is stable to US $.
Nevermind344

Activity: 285
Merit: 3

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:24:21 PM

Tether  is a crypto-fiat hybrid currency, created for the convenience of converting and trading on exchanges.
Developers argue that every tether (USDT) is always backed 1-to-1 with USA dollar. It means that 1 USDT is always equivalent to 1 USD. But in fact, this system is not transparent, we dont know about real validity of USDT emission,  just check the news about Tether and Bitfinex U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) investigation.

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurity (https://tokensale.heroic.com/)
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:37:33 PM

The only reason people think that is because of the current on going investigations, but they have reason to suspect shady business. Tell me, why would a company who has a transparent blockchain not hand over records right away and say here look 1:1 dollars in every account; it is all there accounted for. I will tell you why, it is because they probably don't have it and for that reason I stay very clear of this weird token.

That right there sums it up. There's no good or logical reason not to just be like 'oh right here's the records that prove we have the funds in an account somewhere'.. They don't have the funds, it will go boom at some point and anyone too slow to get out of Tether will lose out.

I must admit I do use Tether but only on very rare occasions for a day trade, looking to sell my BTC and rebuy a little lower as it's facing some resistance. Holding Tether long term is a sure fire way to lose your hard earned cash.

entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:46:03 PM

People should be cautious about Tether , although it´s value is allegedly pegged 1:1 to dollar , it´s just a cryptocurrency and not fiat money
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:56:17 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if tether would be the next catastrophe in crypto, I avoid tether and don't use it anyway.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:02:43 PM

You use it for a "crypto" dollar, it's allways at the price of dollar, but I suggest you that instead of tether you use real EUR or USD, this is possible on Kraken and bitstamp, because that who owns tether, is only earning on behalf all of us, the users, because how can you maintain a currency that is allways worth 1$ if you can't generate more of tether?  Then from this means also more money for them, also, bitfinex is the owner, or the crypto exchange connected with tether, so why do you think do they have second most bitcoin in theyir wallet?  https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

It's because of tether...

now you can say the same for banks of america or europe, that are printing out unbacked up money, but we in crypto, well at least some of us, we are here because of decentralisation, so here you have some words to consider. Tether isn't neither a cryptocurrency or decentralised. Cryptocurrencyes are getting trough mining or contract like token, you can't just make them more and more whenever you wish.

we should know what we are doing. gl

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
danielhodous

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:09:42 PM

Tether is Lehman Brothers just watch.
dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:15:18 PM

Everything is very simple. Once you start trading on the stock exchanges, you will realize that you need such an instrument to save money. And this tool is Tether, it allows you to fix your deposit in USDT.

Indeed, I've been using Tether USDT for two months now and I use it as my stash. After I sell my Altcoins I will turn my Ethereum into USDT to freeze or fix my Crypto Assets and wait for my favorite Altcoins go down, and when it's time to buy then I will then convert my USDT to Ethereum and buy more Altcoins as I could and then wait for them to go up and then convert my Altcoins into Ethereum and Ethereum into USDT. Super easy, no more Crypto Asset droppings.
If only Altcoins should be pair into Altcoin:USD or Altcoin:Euro then we don't need Bitcoin and Ethereum. And I'm sure Bitcoin will drop or surge, we don't care because this time our Altcoins will never be affected anymore.

dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:19:46 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if tether would be the next catastrophe in crypto, I avoid tether and don't use it anyway.

You are seeing the wrong Catastrophe then.
That is why Altcoins are being affected by Bitcoin because Altcoins are being paired mostly by Bitcoin and if Bitcoin is dropping it shouldn't affect Altcoins to drop with it because I am investing on Altcoins and not on Bitcoin.
Indeed, USDT is killing Bitcoin, why everybody concerned about Bitcoin? Bitcoin is slow and unreliable. Bitcoin cannot accommodate fast-food chains and other quick trade services. Bitcoin has higher transaction fees...
Many investors are forgetting about Bitcoin, if Bitcoin dies, good! Altcoins are the real currency for the future because they could make people adapt into Cryptocurrency.

dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:23:12 PM

People should be cautious about Tether , although it´s value is allegedly pegged 1:1 to dollar , it´s just a cryptocurrency and not fiat money

Thanks to USDT because we can freeze and keep our Crypto Assets fix even Bitcoin drops we still have the same asset worth.
When Bitcoin drops we could make more money buy buying Bitcoin and when it surged then we sell Bitcoin and turn it into USDT again and wait for another Bitcoin dip and that's it! We made a lot of money because of USDT, isn't that wonderful?
Altcoins today should be paired ALT:USDT or ALT:USD or ALT:Euro so that whatever happens on Bitcoin, we don't care, our Crypto Assets will not be affected.
Let Bitcoin die...

Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:20:03 AM

As per research in the internet, Tether was established in November 2015.The company is integrated in Hong Kong with offices in the United States. Tether is a cryptocurrency token claimed by its originators to be backed by one dollar for each token issued and is the most widely integrated digital-to- fiat currency today.Tether is closely connected with Bitfinex, the largest Bitcoin exchange in the world.
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:26:25 AM

It's a genuine crypto "currency" in the sense that it's stable. It's matched 1:1 to the dollar, and people use it to hold stable monetary value, which can be traded for other cryptocurrency on exchanges, in an otherwise volatile market. For example, lots of people put their money into Tether during the recent market crash in order to protect themselves from losses.

A cryptocurrency like Tether is extremely useful for the reasons mentioned above. However, Tether itself is under investigation for not having the funds that it says it does, and I would be cautious before pursuing any Tether investments at the moment. Besides, I think that they've closed new signups anyway, unfortunately.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: