Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Half of the world job applicants are lying on their resumes  (Read 189 times)
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:34:47 PM

Freakonomics coauthor Professor Steven D. Levitt says that over 50% of job seekers lie on their resumes.

The lies can be categorized as follow
1. Academics
2. Prior Job Title or Responsibilities
3.Prior Job's shown capability ( I increased company sales in millions)
4.Time period of Employment ( I worked as the Gen. Manager for 10 years)
5.Proficiency Levels ( I am fluent in German)

This is not working good for the international job market in many ways. CVProof crypto project emerges to solve this long lasting problem in the world job market using blockchain technology. And also every one who got involved in the job market can get benefits from this project as well which means they get paid in return while they deal in this system.(please read the white paper for information in depth) If this project succeeded, This will be a game changer for sure.

How CVProof works ? What they have to offer you and to get to know details about the project in depth.
Refer their white paper here.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EBAeQyxSGc645uL_2mrFYD0Ix0tM_byC/view

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:48:26 PM

Shit ICO again... Blockchain is not needed for this project.. Sad that people use blockchain as a marketing tactic..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:01:06 PM

Shit ICO again... Blockchain is not needed for this project.. Sad that people use blockchain as a marketing tactic..

What are your suggestion to do this without blockchain tech ? if it can be done in that way why still this problem occurs in the job market?  I mean why people lie on their resumes even now ? As far as I concern this project sounds good. But you can bear your opinion too.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:04:36 PM

I know that many companies need an experienced employee, but in my opinion, it really doesn't matter whats in the resume of the employee, as long as if they can do what they are told, They can have the job. Sometimes, Even experience employee can be overtaken by some people who have lower or without experience especially when they will both undergo the same traning.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:10:03 PM

I know that many companies need an experienced employee, but in my opinion, it really doesn't matter whats in the resume of the employee, as long as if they can do what they are told, They can have the job.

It may be true. but on the other hand there are other people too who can do the same job but lack of qualifications to show on the CV, So they missed the job being the honestone. But some people still don't hesitate to lie to get the job.
And also when it comes to fields like Air pilots, what if person lie to his resume?

NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:19:57 PM

The concept is interesting. You would need years and years to actually make it work properly. The best way to go about it is to offer this project to some big players with already existing databases and clients, this is my opinion, of course.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:20:44 PM

To use the blockchain to validate school qualifications and work experience is an excellent idea, but the implementation seems to me frighteningly difficult: who will do the work of transcribing all the current archives?
It seems to me completely unattainable.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:51:07 PM

It's not impossible, I see where this is coming from. The truth is you would have to partner with every job and education institution out there (or almost every institution) and have them validate this information, including the archives. Most do have archives in electronic form, you would have to come up with a way for them to connect to a unified system. It's a lot of work to do, but you can get it done. The question is do you have the people to buy this service from you when you're done? Which is why I suggested partnering with the big guys.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:17:59 PM

What are your suggestion to do this without blockchain tech ? if it can be done in that way why still this problem occurs in the job market?  I mean why people lie on their resumes even now ? As far as I concern this project sounds good. But you can bear your opinion too.

I didn't read the whitepaper, so I might be wrong here.
From the video, any company that sends data to them can also use their data. Basically send employment info and receive the same.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:35:17 PM

It's a very good idea, and it's just another application of the blockchain (I saw recently a proposal about to use it for a general database of real estate)
May be the implementation will need some time and effort, but there result will be worth of them.

Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:31:03 PM

The idea is good, but the implications are terrifying: I mean: we use the blockchain for money, it's ok.
We use the blockchain for real estate. Ok.
We use it for diplomas and cv. Ok.
But then, why don't use the blockchain for ANYTHING?
Think about: anything you do will be recorded in an inalterable blockchain, where everyone can see it...
Scaring...
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:24:55 AM

I agree. The idea to put everything on the blockchain - even if it could be very useful in some situation - will bring to the absolute control over population. I don't like it.

The idea is good, but the implications are terrifying: I mean: we use the blockchain for money, it's ok.
We use the blockchain for real estate. Ok.
We use it for diplomas and cv. Ok.
But then, why don't use the blockchain for ANYTHING?
Think about: anything you do will be recorded in an inalterable blockchain, where everyone can see it...
Scaring...

cryptopov

Activity: 19
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:48:06 AM

Not a good idea,employing people who doesnt have any background in your working environment will be a disaster.Its like hiring a mid-wife to do a ceasarian section?would that work? NO! we need professional people to do professional things,it is not necessary to put blokchain with job hunting.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:43:48 AM

Well, actually I like the idea to lie in my resume! :-)
I mean, sometimes we need a fresh start, after a bad professional experience, and if your past is stuck in the blockchain, it becomes a mark for life.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:11:47 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 05:26:03 PM by Magister Magus

There are a lot of potential applications of the blockchain, and we just start to glimpse them.

To put the whole school and professional history on the blockchain could seem an interesting idea, but it sounds to me too similar to Gestapo or KBG files.

Btw,I think that at present there would be too many difficulties to implement it, so I don't see any reason to be worried.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
sourish

Merit: 114

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:28:58 PM

Wow, to see both sides of the coin right here, debated with equal fervor. Trying anything new holds unforeseen dangers and a fear of the unknown for some and an avid excitement for another. I think the issue here is not about lying on resumes because the outreach could never be vast enough to prevent that. As for the morality, sometimes experience and skill works way better than any qualifications.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:31:45 PM

People lie in their resume because it's easy and increases their chances of getting a job offer. The blockchain isn't going to change this unless you log all activity of a human life on a public ledger. And I can guarantee you that people don't want to have their info out in the public for all to see.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

It's not impossible, I see where this is coming from. The truth is you would have to partner with every job and education institution out there (or almost every institution) and have them validate this information, including the archives. Most do have archives in electronic form, you would have to come up with a way for them to connect to a unified system. It's a lot of work to do, but you can get it done. The question is do you have the people to buy this service from you when you're done? Which is why I suggested partnering with the big guys.

I think partnering will happen when more people start to understand the value of this project. It will take time, This project will not go to moon in night night. to me this is this is a long term reliable project.

anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:04:44 PM

People lie in their resume because it's easy and increases their chances of getting a job offer. The blockchain isn't going to change this unless you log all activity of a human life on a public ledger. And I can guarantee you that people don't want to have their info out in the public for all to see.

I don't think every one wanna see some one's profile without a reason. We can see how this project gonna work in future.

Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:16:51 PM

I saw a similar project. Cant find again.
This is not always applicable. There are many posts that can not be available public for all to see.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: