Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy on amazon or similar website with bitcoin  (Read 73 times)
informa (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:16:58 PM

Hello,

I am french. I would like buy on amazon in bitcoin but the website not allowed this method of payment. I know the website purse.io but there are not lots of items.

Do you know a website similar to amazon which accept bitcoin and ship in france or a website where i can buy a amazon gift card in bitcoin ?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:43:30 PM

No. I dont know one and that is the problem actually.
We will have to change our bitcoin with fiat just so we will not be needing to go to the department store to buy.
We will buy using the COD (cash on delivery) or using our credit cards up until now for online stores.
But bitcoin is young as they say. Give it a chance. Let us see if there will be a merchant who will be willing to risk making a company using bitcoin as a payment method.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:49:38 PM

No. I dont know one and that is the problem actually.
We will have to change our bitcoin with fiat just so we will not be needing to go to the department store to buy.
We will buy using the COD (cash on delivery) or using our credit cards up until now for online stores.
But bitcoin is young as they say. Give it a chance. Let us see if there will be a merchant who will be willing to risk making a company using bitcoin as a payment method.

Hm, about adoption - most of the people claim that the security and technology (scaling) are the largest obstacles. Although it is true that those are very large obstacles that Bitcoin has yet to step over, I actually think that the volatility is the biggest problem for adoption with merchants. It is more easy for sponsorship, small ventures etc - they all see Bitcoin as an opportunity and sometimes are willing to risk, same as all of us that are here, but a large vendor needs a stable currency or token, there is no sense in risking a stable business. They can invest in Bitcoin, but that is another thing.

hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:53:43 PM

I learned that Amazon and Ebay are researching to apply bitcoin to online payments on their systems. But now things have not been done yet, but I think that these two sites will soon be doing that. The use of bitcoin brings too many benefits to users in online payments so Amazon and EBay certainly will not skip it.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:57:40 PM

There was once a website called Brawker that worked on the interesting principal. Let's say you wanted to buy something from ebay or amazon for 10$, you'd find a person there who would pay and order your item and you'll pay them slightly more, like 12-13$. You can try the same thing here on the forum.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: