Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:32:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining solo on minepeon  (Read 3137 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:36:15 PM

Hi I was just wondering if someone knows how to start mining solo on minepeon cgminer at all?

To peel or not to peel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:38:16 PM

You'd have to run your own Bitcoind on the Pi (I doubt that'd work due to storage and memory contraints), or point MinePeon to your Bitcoin-Qt on your main machine (running in server mode).
JLM

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:34:44 PM

You'd have to run your own Bitcoind on the Pi (I doubt that'd work due to storage and memory contraints), or point MinePeon to your Bitcoin-Qt on your main machine (running in server mode).
Helldiveruk
I think you understand "something" about Minepeon, Raspberry and more...
I´d like to make a test, maybe you can help me.
I want to mine SHA256 and Scrypt at the same time with minepeon and BFGminer.

I want to use some ASIC´s and FPGA´s for SHA256 and some GPU´s for Scrypt (can be done, there are some PCIE to USB adapters).
How can i do that?

Next step is run some CUDAminer (for Primecoin) beside BFGminer to make a dedicate low cost rig.
If you can give me a hand, i´ll appreciate.
Thanks!!!

1Hyawq17jkzfpunPC6tTikpgMGSsekd98z
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:09:30 PM

You will have to run your QT client on a Windows PC, and then in your config file for that client you tell it to allow rpc connections from another PC (other than your localhost).  Then you point your minepeon to that Windows machine.

I have solo mined with a QT client running on my network, and then my BAMT rig pointed towards that Windows machine.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:38:37 AM

You will have to run your QT client on a Windows PC, and then in your config file for that client you tell it to allow rpc connections from another PC (other than your localhost).  Then you point your minepeon to that Windows machine.

I have solo mined with a QT client running on my network, and then my BAMT rig pointed towards that Windows machine.

mine isnt picking up when i point it at the windows computer.. any advice?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: