Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need advice about a potential Chinese buyer.  (Read 99 times)
Loveboard (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:28:20 PM

I was wondering if you guys could give me advice about something.

I'm selling an in-game property on a micro economy mmo.

The Chinese buyer contacted me and sounded very interested and we agreed on a price within 4 hours of back and forth negotiation. But when it came down to payment, he said he would pay in btc, then I agreed.

But then he asked how I could guarantee the transaction since btc is non reversible.

I tell him I'll trade him the item after he sends the btc. I don't hear back from him.

Now I read online that Chinese New Year is a 10 day vacation. I wanted to wait until Friday to ask him about the deal. But of he'll be away, I realized tonight might be my last chance.

So what do you all think? If anyone has experience with Chinese buyers, do you know if they work during the new year?

Thanks

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:41:42 PM

Chinese people are business minded, they did not put anythings that might give them risks. And in your case, your negotiation between Chinese buyer seems like unfair. Imagine, he will receive the game after his payment. He always aware of scammers, and it is possible that he will think that you are scammer too but it is not! Please try to contact him in real world or have an escrow wherein the two of you will transact easily and reliable.

Loveboard (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:55:05 PM

Chinese people are business minded, they did not put anythings that might give them risks. And in your case, your negotiation between Chinese buyer seems like unfair. Imagine, he will receive the game after his payment. He always aware of scammers, and it is possible that he will think that you are scammer too but it is not! Please try to contact him in real world or have an escrow wherein the two of you will transact easily and reliable.
I wanted to give him the straightforward option to see if he would agree. If he asked for escrow, which costs 100$, then I would have gone that route.

But do you think I should contact him now? Or will he respond during Chinese new year?

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:54:21 AM

The solution is escrow.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
rlim475

Activity: 59
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:36:36 AM

But do you think I should contact him now? Or will he respond during Chinese new year?

There's no specific way that all Chinese people will act. Message him now and mention you are willing to use an Escrow and that you're also aware it's now Chinese New Year and if he doesn't respond that you'll try again after the holiday.
Loveboard (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:24:13 AM

Update: dude emailed me back saying his buddy bought from someone else :/.

Had nothing to do with Chinese new year, and more to do with him just being a duck. He waited like 2 weeks to reply and I sent him like 3 emails since then after taking all of your advice and offering escrow.

WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:57:52 AM

True as it says odolvlobo and the other, escrow is the best solution with escrow everything will be transparent.

Had nothing to do with Chinese new year, and more to do with him just being a duck. He waited like 2 weeks to reply and I sent him like 3 emails since then after taking all of your advice and offering escrow.

Semoga escrow yang telah anda tawarkan dapat diterima oleh calon pembeli anda.

Loveboard (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:05:30 AM

True as it says odolvlobo and the other, escrow is the best solution with escrow everything will be transparent.

Semoga escrow yang telah anda tawarkan dapat diterima oleh calon pembeli anda.

I'm sorry I don't understand that language. Only English and some spanglish. 😯

I don't think escrow was the issue though... he just was never going to buy my thing.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:39:38 AM

First of all know that BTC and China doesn't go that well.
Thus anyways he would be willing to sell his Bitcoins so... Transactions in... Btc would be profitable for him..now if he sends you BTC then you should instantly transfer them to another account of urs unknown to everyone else or to another wallet.
In this way you would be able to prevent the reversible system also .. I think the deal is great go for it .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Polipog

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:28:41 AM

If you are dealing any business property, all you want to need is a personal business transactions, although some business now are only beyond social media transactions but it is already a legitimate business dealer online. However, in the case of your situation, it is a single business transaction only, as what I said all you want to do is beyond personal business transactions, to evade any doubt and risk problem.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:54:33 AM

It sounds fair if the seller has reputation over him, if not, then one of the sides would need to prove reputation to the other side, and if the other side will feel that it is not enoughthen you will probably need to use an escrow because the deal will not go through.
If one of the sides refused to usr a verified escrow service, then there is a reason to think that he was attempting a fraud.
Take all the caution needed while doing peer to peer trades.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: