Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:23:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most cryptocurrencies heading to $0, Ripple boss says  (Read 520 times)
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:35:44 AM

it is funny to hear this from one of the most iconic shitcoin that has existed among altcoins ever. a centralized coin that has failed to do anything apart from getting pumped and dumped.

I see Bitcoin at $100

what are you smoking Wink

Maybe a better question to ask is what are you smoking or did you think that we were running out
of numbers and no alt-coins could take over from Bitcoin which will then become a alt-coins itself.

Dear oh dear you must love them days at the start of the year when fees hit $55 per transaction
and maybe all that smoking has made you forget about these facts that will be written into our
history books much like Tulip Mania was written into history all them years ago.

Yes I know mr zio-moderator that my replay was off-topic, delete away old-chap  

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:39:09 AM

Brad Garlinghouse also said that "Bitcoin — which is 1,000 times slower and more expensive than XRP — will still be used as a store of value, similar to the role that gold has played. But it won't be used for payments".

In this scenario, the value of bitcoin will decrease by quite a significant amount, but will not go to zero. This is because the payments aspect of bitcoin is already priced into its valuation. Once we take that out, the price will drop.

But what makes XRP any more special than other more decentralized altcoins such as LTC/XLM that are also faster than BTC that are also gaining adoption in individual/small-businesses use?

The Ripple Network on the other hand caters to big corporations and big banks; however, the adoption of the use of the Ripple Network (which benefits the Ripple company) do not mean the XRP token is being adopted for actual use.

this is just a fight between the centralization (being Ripple) and the decentralization (being most of the altcoins) and nothing more. they are just trying to bash the decentralized coins like banks and hundreds of others have been doing because they know they can not compete with it with their flawed systems.

Only Bitcoin
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:44:54 AM

it is funny to hear this from one of the most iconic shitcoin that has existed among altcoins ever. a centralized coin that has failed to do anything apart from getting pumped and dumped.

I see Bitcoin at $100

what are you smoking Wink

Maybe a better question to ask is what are you smoking or did you think that we were running out
of numbers and no alt-coins could take over from Bitcoin which will then become a alt-coins itself.

Dear oh dear you must love them days at the start of the year when fees hit $55 per transaction
and maybe all that smoking has made you forget about these facts that will be written into our
history books much like Tulip Mania was written into history all them years ago.

Yes I know mr zio-moderator that my replay was off-topic, delete away old-chap 

unlike you i am not delusional. i know for a fact that some altcoin will eventually come along which will be performing a lot better than bitcoin and will become a lot bigger than it.
but i also know that the altcoins that are currently around either have worse problems than bitcoin or are not efficient enough or lack some major aspect such as being decentralized, that they can not even come close to competing with bitcoin.

you mention high fees, there is nothing ok about bitcoin's high fees. that is a fucked up situation. but at the same time only an idiot would think altcoins have solved this issue! many of them have already been put to test and filed to perform let alone keep the fees down.

so yeah, you either are smoking something nasty or have your head in the sand.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Anti-Cen

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

this is just a fight between the centralization (being Ripple) and the decentralization (being most of the altcoins) and nothing more. they are just trying to bash the decentralized coins like banks and hundreds of others have been doing because they know they can not compete with it with their flawed systems.

Compete with 7 transactions per second or fees per transaction being as high a $55 or are we talking about going off-block with lightning
with it's banker hubs or are we talking about the CPU-Wars that Bitcoin apparently needs to remain decentralized (WHICH IT IS NOT ANYWAY)

Do you know the story about the Titanic, well worth watching the film it is.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:00:15 PM

unlike you i am not delusional.

Well thanks for the insult my merit sniffing brown nose friend since I see you being paid to run adverts
in your posts.

i know for a fact that some altcoin will eventually come along which will be performing a lot better than bitcoin and will become a lot bigger than it.
but i also know that the altcoins that are currently around either have worse problems than bitcoin or are not efficient enough or lack some major aspect such as being decentralized, that they can not even come close to competing with bitcoin.

I can agree but you seem to forget IOTA, Ripple, Evo and several others here and all the Bitcoin clones (Same software) are
heading for the bin because it's badly written and won't scale.

you mention high fees, there is nothing ok about bitcoin's high fees. that is a fucked up situation. but at the same time only an idiot would think altcoins have solved this issue! many of them have already been put to test and filed to perform let alone keep the fees down.

Yeah so please provide a link to any alt-coin who's fees have ever gone over $5 and never mind the $55 we have seen

so yeah, you either are smoking something nasty or have your head in the sand.

I think people can see who's swimming without trunks here  Cheesy

mzebehill

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:07:54 PM

Ripple boss is an idiot and a liar. He has created his centralized coin and wants other coins to go to $0. This will not happen and he is lying to promote his coin. Stop listening to people like him.

I see Bitcoin at $100

Wake up,you are fast asleep.
antagonist

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:07:59 PM

In time most digital currencies will be worthless, according to the head of the centralized cryptocurrency ripple, Brad Garlinghouse.
The majority of cryptocurrencies can’t be used as transactional currency, and they are being traded like assets, according to the CEO. Ripple and the company behind it are arguably the most criticized digital assets, as the whole idea of bitcoin as the first cryptocurrency was that it should not be regulated.

https://www.rt.com/business

because he is boss of ripple he is person who has too many access to crystal ball and conduct financial forecast for us with wizards tool like this ?  Cheesy till this day never i have saw it altcoin go to zero dollar he is not speak true thing when he say this or maybe he speak so much untill all of us begin to understand more the brain problem that has put attack on him
when a human open mouth to say ridiculous thing he must surely return to eat this disgusting gmo word that he create , eventual he will see real thing the way all of us in this place have seen or maybe he create excuse like this for own benefit  
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:33:41 PM

Maybe his coin and others several hundrends worthless tokens that are alive only because people keep trading them for a quick buck will head to 0$.
But it's hard to imagine BTC, ETH or LTC ..... going to 0 now as they are being used for payment and transactions more and more now

hermada

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:53:20 PM

I wouldn't take that guy seriously
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:40:55 PM

If there is demand for something it has value. A lot of the cryptocurrencies have large communities behind them so i don't see that happening. He has a conflict of interest on this because he would like you to think that most are worth nothing but ripple is more valuable so therefore his opinion isn't valid anyway.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
JonesMark

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:43:47 PM

OH YES!!! That's because Ripple itself heading to zero  Grin Grin Grin
No seriously, I think Ripple will be valuable over the long term, but we will never see it over $5
fusanti4455

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:07:39 PM

I'm not sure that Ripple also survives as a coin, and whether one of the banks will keep it as a coin, after a trial period, so that Ripple's price goes up every time they make their announcement, and there are some cryptoes that once existed close to zero, probably many never exceed zero, surely this will continue for the future.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:29:27 PM

Ripple boss is an idiot and a liar. He has created his centralized coin and wants other coins to go to $0. This will not happen and he is lying to promote his coin.

Stop listening to people like him.
anything he says will not make all Altcoin back to $0
ethereum is also a centralized coin, although Vitalik never responds like this

colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:00:00 PM

this statement have no effect on the price of bitcoin or any currency, just as bitcoin have believe that the currency should be regulated and it is going to that.
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:13:36 PM

do not take it too seriously. They are entitled to say anything about this field. and we as lovers of this field just need to respond calmly. because we know the field of cryptocurency is currently in the best position to enjoy.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:27:55 PM

What a claim. I would think that ripple don’t have any value since the banks are using ripple technology, not the coins itself.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:51:14 PM

Of course Mr. Ripple wants us to believe that ripple is the best. Wishful thinking. Sure there too many shitcoins that will disappear, however Bitcoin, Ethereum and a few other altcoins will survive and outlive ripple.

redhondaxrm125

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:53:57 PM

In time most digital currencies will be worthless, according to the head of the centralized cryptocurrency ripple, Brad Garlinghouse.
The majority of cryptocurrencies can’t be used as transactional currency, and they are being traded like assets, according to the CEO. Ripple and the company behind it are arguably the most criticized digital assets, as the whole idea of bitcoin as the first cryptocurrency was that it should not be regulated.

Well, if we really think about it, it is truly a logical thought. Because if we try to look at what has been happening lately in the crypto world, we can see that this theory is actually happening already little by little. Plus the fact that there really are hundreds of useless altcoins out there, makes anyone think the same also. But, even saying so, I really do not think that this fact will effect the market much in a bad way. In fact, I even think that it'll rather be a good thing since it will be a grrat way to get rid of useless coins that doesn't really have a great purpose.
-justsayin
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:55:09 PM

I think some of what he said is true. Most of the coins are only for trading on the Crypto Stock Exchanges and at some point may become redundant. But I may be wrong.

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
First77 (OP)

Merit: 32

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:21:25 AM

If there is demand for something it has value. A lot of the cryptocurrencies have large communities behind them so i don't see that happening. He has a conflict of interest on this because he would like you to think that most are worth nothing but ripple is more valuable so therefore his opinion isn't valid anyway.

It took $320,000,000,000 to take Bitcoin to $20,000. it has all the signs of $320 billion PONZI
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: