Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware to start?  (Read 123 times)
Kael90 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:00:10 AM

Hey!
im totally new to these stuff and i dont really just want to 'mine bitcoin' - because i dont really think i have the money + the hardware to do it in an effective way.

But because of that - i just want to ask here how you could start it, it doesnt have to be Bitcoin, it could also be Litecoin, Ether or other stuff i would like to try out.

The Idea itself just starts out, because i have some FPGAs and some Raspberrys here who do nothing, and i just want to set them on the net, start it and lets see if i could make a bit out of it, and thats all!

So i simply want to ask which hardware - for a beginner - would be useful to start with?

i mean, in total i just think hardware very interesting and also the logistics about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:06:14 AM

Unfortunately if you really want to effectively mine cryptocurrencies, you would really need to spend a good amount of money for good GPUs. Sure, you could mine with whatever computer you have, but expect your gains to be close to nothing especially when your hardware is kind of outdated in terms of specifications; so it would definitely be not worth it as running your hardware for hours and hours on end will greatly decrease your hardware's lifespan.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dongamk

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:34:56 AM

Buddy you can't do the job with Raspberry Pi. You need to have high power gpu's like NVIDIA 1060/70/80, AMD 470/570etc. They are only profitable one.
hnminer

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:01:21 AM

start with what ever hardware that you already have; just to learn.

i started mining with a server i had laying around. did cpu mining, and after a month i was convinced. i then purchase 2 graphic cards... then a month later bought 10 more and setup a real rig.

every step i took though, i found a deeper understanding of coins.

in my opinion, words do no justice. just mine! Tongue

head over to MPH or so and start mining some XMR with your cpu. will have low payouts, but won't be long till you realize... it all adds up. Smiley
---
for raspberry pi, mine XMG or XMR.
i wouldn't expect much. old / low end hardware typically doesnt pay out well. but it'll point you in the right direction.
Kael90 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:11:50 PM

start with what ever hardware that you already have; just to learn.

i started mining with a server i had laying around. did cpu mining, and after a month i was convinced. i then purchase 2 graphic cards... then a month later bought 10 more and setup a real rig.

every step i took though, i found a deeper understanding of coins.

in my opinion, words do no justice. just mine! Tongue

head over to MPH or so and start mining some XMR with your cpu. will have low payouts, but won't be long till you realize... it all adds up. Smiley
---
for raspberry pi, mine XMG or XMR.
i wouldn't expect much. old / low end hardware typically doesnt pay out well. but it'll point you in the right direction.

yea, that was my main idea about it.
in total i would just learn. I have heard that an RPi3 isnt really useful for itself, maybe just for 'smaller' currency, even if they are just so small (if its able) that they are normally like 1€ for 1000 of them.
the understanding of it is the main stuff. But i also dont know how 'exactly' i should start with it, because im total new into it.

i also have read that you could the RPi3 as USB-"Central Slot" - So you can put up to 10+ Mining-USB Sticks into it. So it doesnt have to be directly bitcoin if its possible.
Especially, atm i dont want to do a real profit with it.
Kaniel-ouots

Activity: 125
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:13:34 PM

Rasbpery pi is useless ans you cant use un a diffucult jobs you van only use it un one programe
Kael90 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:21:03 PM

Rasbpery pi is useless ans you cant use un a diffucult jobs you van only use it un one programe

for me its more about the technical stuff whats needed and how you can work with them. i find this interesting and i dont want to invest thousands of money for it Smiley So just to 'learn how its done' i want to start with that. i dont expect profit with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: