Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:13:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LK7] Lucky7Coin - PoW/PoS, BonusBlock based on your lucky 7s! |No Premine  (Read 40236 times)
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:12:55 PM

NO. I did not lie. Nor did I fabricate anything.

I wanted to mine Lucky7. I attempted to do just that.

After YOU failed to respond to my post at Lucky7 and failed to do anything at all I did exactly what I told you no matter what. (report this on this forum).

HOW DARE YOU CALL ME a LIAR. HOW DARE YOU!

I got a virus, a nasty one. Either thru MEGA (more likely), or from a compromised Lucky7 Win Qt client.

Or of the slight chance from something else, but that's a very remote possibility all things considered.

I have no agenda. I have nothing to "hate" about Lucky7, or MEGA. I WANTED TO MINE and SUPPORT Lucky7.

If I had to guess I would assume it was MEGA that was the root cause but NOT "Mega" itself, but their lack of safety for downloads and somebody doing nasty things to particular downloads. So yes, you may have someone that doesn't like your Lucky7, but it sure is NOT myself.

Hate me, bash me, trash me. Do what ever you care to. But I don't appreciate your slights, nor you not taking this most serious of matters with timely due diligence. How your responding is not at all in a thoughtful, serious manner.

question: WHY DID YOU IGNORE MY POST ON YOUR SITE???

QUESTION: WHY DID YOU NOT RESPOND TO MY POST OR E-MAIL ME ABOUT IT???

QUESTION: Why put the download on Mega instead of where you have your source code which is a far safer site being https:// Huh

Later when I get back I will finish with this affair.

But I am DAMN SERIOUS about what occurred and YOU KNOW THAT FROM MY POST that YOU either ignored or MODERATED at Lucky7. You had just over 48 hours to respond, or do something, anything!

And that makes you the shady character, not I.

I just reported the facts. I will let my reputation be the best factor on this entire topic.

Sincerely, & Best Wishes.

Caveat empore

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jlong187 (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:44:45 PM

This matter is very simple. The client has been posted in Mega since day 1 of this coin, and it has not been changed. Anyone can download it and test it for virus/malware, and publish the reports here.

You made a false accusation, and try to damage the reputation of the coin. It is a lie. It is a lie that you say the windows client contains the virus. So you are a liar. No one accused you wrong.

If you have a question, post it here, other people will help you. By posting the fake things like virus to scare people, does not help your reputation here.
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:54:11 PM

Yes why not publish your reports of the virus, and let other people also do independent tests and prove what you said? I did my own tests and the windows client is clean. BTW, I tested my existing client (which I have been using for 3+ weeks) and also a copy that I just downloaded fresh.

Also, Slingshot, the source has been posted from the beginning, no one asked you to download the client if you don't want to, you can always compile from the source on your own.

The windows client has no problem, otherwise people would have reported long ago. There are many software savvies here in this forum, and no one reported anything for over a month.

Slingshot, hope your act is not intentional to damage the coin. There are some dishonest people out there as we all know.

challen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:51:27 AM

<snip>
I WANTED TO MINE and SUPPORT Lucky7.
<snip>
Sooooo.... Did you re-download the client from git and start mining yet?
Slingshot

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:23:58 AM

Below is a copy & paste of the post I made at Lucky7coin website:
==========================================

Below is a copy & paste of the post I made at Lucky7coin website, to them, from myself. They KNOW this much.

It was posted on the date and time as shown below. It can be verified in the Properties window of that saved txt file that still rests on this desktop, and has been also copied elsewhere for safe keeping thus keeping the chain of evidence and my credibility intact, hopefully, if ever needed.

I also saved the: "Lucky7Coin » Download -Mega- comment is awaiting moderation.htm" too, WITH MY TEXT in MY POST, at their site, if needed... I saved EVERYTHING. This alone is all the proof anyone needs to KNOW for a FACT without any doubt that I made that post. It's a complete saved webpage of their forum page with my text of what below in it as well.

Anyone want to share how I can display that without activating Javascripting I will do so right here. Otherwise it will have to be a linked from a brand new sub-topic of this entire affair started by myself, so as to be assured there is no malware in any javascript on that lone topic posting that I may create as demanded by ANYONE. I wont turn on Java-scripting here, or elsewhere in this forum, or any others either, or anywhere online, unless absolutely required, for obvious reasons.

BTW: I use  NoScript, the AddOn for Firefox that moderates Javascript, and much more, and Firefox'es clones as well. I am extra careful when it comes to surfing anywhere, usually. Unless I need to drop my shields so to speak. Sadly I dropped them at MEGA to download Luck7coin Qt for Windows. I wont do that ever again there.

I recalled saving a copy of the post I made at Lucky7coin and that other file too while out running to the airport. I found it, below is the copy and paste of that entire post, or at least an eariler revision. The final version if not below? is absolutely saved on the
the: "Lucky7Coin » Download -Mega- comment is awaiting moderation.htm"

NOW FOR THE POST AT LUCKY7COIN that I made:

====================================================================================

"MEGA -RE Mega virus letter - statement to lucky7coin-co-nf 10-18-13

http://lucky7coin.co.nf/?page_id=19

Hi,

RE: Mega

I don't get any good vibes when I go to Mega! And then when I attempt to ever download anything there I get Firefox requesting my okay to download "larger files". Just a couple of days ago when I visited Mega and downloaded Lucky7coin for the 1st time (and unfortunately on my dedicated miner pc) I also got whacked with quite an evil payload (virus). It disabled Kaspersky within moments of opening Lucky7 yet I don't know if it was in that package or something else instead received from Mega! But it doesn't change the fact that it totally wrecked havoc on my dedicated miner. Totally disabled it. I almost never use it for that purpose but this time I did and well there.

I want to mine Lucky7coin while it's extremely productive, and now i missed that chance because of MEGA. And although maybe it was not Mega injected I never, ever liked the feel of Mega, and now that happened to very likely confirm my worst nightmare!

I spent over 12 hours redoing the miner pc and the cloned/master hard drives. Aand that was with a master drive ready to go, except 6 months outdated as I never got around to offloading regular backups from the working hdd (clone) as I was on when infected.

Of course I stopped, wiped the entire hdd, and started over. Then to add insult to injury I had troubles getting the master to accept the third 7950 card that it had never been introduced to before.

I don't do Mega anymore. Never will again. It's look, behavior and feel is just way too shady imo.

And to give you a heads up first I am advising you before I dump this onto bitcointalk so you can get something else together. I strongly suggest https (secure) download such as your https://github.com/lucky7coin/lucky7coin pages being the place to also get the Windows Client too.
Just makes sense.

In short it's about 99% likely that by allowing Mega into my pc window something whacked my miner hard enough to disable a strongly password protected and up to date Kaspersky One Anti-Virus/Internet Security package. To say I was stunned would be an understatement, but not surprised. And it's BS that firefox needs to get my okay to download anything anywhere EXCEPT Mega. That's a ruse at best.

I don't know anything about Mega but the fact I got whacked there, and starting last Spring when I first went there my 1st impression was and is correct. I avoided Mega entirely until two days ago. Wish I had avoided then too. Your skydrive link is dead btw.

Either re-locate your download for Windows client or I for one wont bother with Lucky7.

Worse for you and Lucky7 is that I have a civic duty to report publicly at bitcointalk/altcoins what happened in a timely manner but thought it only decent to give you a heads up first.

In 24 hours or so I will make a statement on your thread at bitcointalk/altcoins. It will be a repeat of this letter.

So that gives you a heads up and a proactive stance should you believe it's warranted. I strongly urge you to take action asap. I don't care to wait any longer than a day from now (10/18/13 @8PM CST.

In closing I am NOT accusing any party of anything. But instead just stating the facts and what I firmly believe occurred. It happened all at once. The timing was all too obvious.

Sincerely,

Slingshot"

====================================================================================

I don't care for anyone to even attempt to assassinate my credibility in any way.

In my prior occupation from which I am now retired one of my duties was to PROFILE people.

I always document. Document, document, document. Learned that a very long time ago.

Tag them and bag them was my motto.

Wink

Slingshot

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:07:00 AM

https://github.com/lucky7coin/lucky7coin

lucky7coin-master.zip

The link above contains the source code as I understand it. Not the Windows Qt Client for end users.  And NO I don't compile software, nor develop it either.

But at least at github I don't have to drop my JavaScript shielding through NoScript Add-On in Firefox to download the lucky7coin-master.zip from github, nor anything else from github. In other words it's far safer than MEGA.

Next:

My post directly to Lucky7coin above this post explains in more detail but suffice to say I don't know who, what, or how up to date and highly rated Kaspersky Internet Security/Anti-Virus was completely disabled and shutdown. It had strong password protection. It would not start back up. I knew right then that pc was fully compromised. Next steps: Shutdown, pull the hdd and securely wipe it. Unplug the power supply cable to kill any latent virus in memory. Reset the CMOS. Lastly re-clone from the master hard drive and update everything. I had no desire nor another spare hdd at hand to save that contaminated hard drive, nor any desire to attempt in vain to determine what exactly hit it. I can only assume it was a ZERO DAY Virus that Kaspersky had no defense for. It's about the only logical explanation.

Lucky7coin seems to think I blame them. I didn't. And don't. I have no proof of them doing anything. I think that was clearly spelled out. I rest knowing that I wont be ever downloading anything from MEGA ever again. That was the weakest link, I believe. But cannot and wont be verifying.

I would consider downloading Lucky7coin from github (https) but not for now. I would rather just purchase some coins later, maybe, and leave them at an exchange for a while, than take any more chances. I don't care for mean virus infections at all. Been there done that. I can't have compromised PC's. I run extremely SECURE PC's, take MANY MEASURES and STEPS to LOCK THEM ALL DOWN TIGHT. Being defeated pisses me off to no end. I was and still am furious about this entire affair. It took 12 hours to fully rectify and resume mining on that dedicated mining pc with three 7950's. It's been super stable, trouble free since I built it last spring fyi. I only use it for mining. Just that one time from MEGA was all it took. But I don't know the source and having these clowns react as though I blame them after they fully and completely ignored me is just laughable. So is their "NO PREMINE" statement when they "Insta-Mine" for the 1st three days it's released.

Sadly I missed out on the 3 day " Insta-Mine " of Lucky7coin.

For once I too wanted to grab a bunch during the instamine of a crypto-currency that has a great marketing name for online gaming sites aimed at certain superstitious types Asian gamblers, which from my understanding is quite common there in Asia. But I was frozen out of doing so as a result of my efforts. That alone though is kinda suspicious.

So Lucky7coin and it's few supporters bashing me here, trying to defame my credibility. Well if you care to take the gloves off so to speak that can be accommodated if you DARE? But instead I believe it's best just to realize that MEGA sucks for downloading highly sensitive Crypto-Currency Wallets.

As for that matter NO Crypto-Currency WALLET of any currency should ever again be released without it's SHA-256 Checksum so ALL those that download such items can self verify what they received is an unaltered copy. And only from a SECURE (https) site.

Since many are obvious neophytes about that topic suffice to say that attaching files to downloads is trivial in all unsecured (http) sites for more advanced Crackers.

But I am not here to give internet security lessons. Then again it appears the developers of MANY different crypto-currencies need to get their acts together and start acting in a much more professional manner instead of like a bunch of greedy, seedy, flaky, neophytes out to score a quick score. And instead of calling me a liar maybe doing reacting just a bit better to situations such as this in the future would be much wiser, and thoughtful.

This concludes my report unless ANYONE cares to see the full Lucky7coin page with my text in a post, on their site. I will find a way to get that up here if ANYONE doubts my credibility what so ever at this point in time.

Also the Moderator of this forum is welcome to PM me, or e-mail me, and request I send him or her a copy of that saved page in the form of an attachment if so desired, as for absolute proof this entire event occurred as stated here.

I will re-post the virus warning again, two more time, for two more days, linking it to this thread. So all regular visitors to alt currencies have a decent chance to be warmed of possibly being victimized through MEGA downloads. That is where I pointed the finger at in the first place, and the likely weakest link. But not assured.

I don't even care to edit this post so with typo's and maybe poor grammar here it all is! Too little time...

As far as I am concerned I am almost done with this entire topic! Two more warnings/days to go and unless anyone cares to attack my credibility anymore then I will wash my hands of this, so to speak.

Sincerely,

Slingshot

Caveat empore
jlong187 (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:13:02 AM

You said you posted a message at the website, no one replied you, then you came here and posted the virus accusation. This is very strange to me. The website had virtually no traffic, here is the main thread to discuss the coin, and we have an active community here. If you don't get a reply from the website, then I'd either (a) post a complain on the website; or (b) ask the same question here. But you did neither. Instead, you directly made the accusation that the windows client contains virus.

Now please provide your proves here. You know this is the right place to discuss issues or ask questions. You made a false accusation, and you defended yourself by posting long and lengthy paragraphs, trying to confuse people. Also, the source link is on the website from day 1 also, why not you don't compile yourself? Come on, why not just provide the FACTS here. Did you find virus in windows client? Please provide your reports, and let other people test it and prove what you said.
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:20:57 AM

Slingshot, myself and many others downloaded the windows client and there's no virus there. Clearly you messed something up, and you'd better check your own system than making false claims here.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
challen

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:52:51 AM

I don't know anything about Mega...
Either re-locate your download for Windows client or I for one wont bother with Lucky7.
I am advising you before I dump this onto bitcointalk...
In 24 hours or so I will make a statement on your thread at bitcointalk...
Worse for you and Lucky7 is that I have a civic duty to report publicly at bitcointalk...
In my prior occupation from which I am now retired one of my duties was to PROFILE people.
I'm not doubting you had an issue mate. Since you earned your keep profiling people, then it just feels natural to sound the alarm. Now that you've sounded the alarm with multiple walls of text, did you try to duplicate the problem in a VM?
valley365

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:14:53 AM

He is a scammer, posted in this thread and same thing in two separate threads
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=315936.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=315478.0

I reported to mod on this. Better get rid of this kind of people in the forum.
challen

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:44:42 AM

He profiled people for a living. Perhaps he can help the mods in the lending sub-section.
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252

Amateur Professional

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:46:53 AM

You guys wonder why you get infected from Mega downloads, when I analyzed the traffic a while back when downloading something, I found that it uploaded 3x what I downloaded, and downloaded 4x what the actual file was. There's a reason you need flash to use it. Kim Dotcom can burn in hell now, I used to be a supporter of his, but he can rot in jail for all I care.
valley365

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:47:36 PM

Scammesr are scammers, there's no change of it, everyone can recognize them. Grin
number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:49:07 PM

Scammesr are scammers, there's no change of it, everyone can recognize them. Grin
Agreed, that's their life.
SimonTower

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:53:18 AM

Please vote to Lucky7:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309704.0
jlong187 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:04:26 PM

Yes please vote LK7! Lucky7coin mining is going on very strong.
stink

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:06:47 PM

Yes please vote LK7! Lucky7coin mining is going on very strong.

22500 lk7 for sale if anyone wants it....

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
SimonTower

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:21:29 PM

We need an exchange as soon as possible.
I have 132k for sale too. Smiley
valley365

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:26:37 AM

I have been mining and would like to trade too. But recently no exchanges take new coins, the alt coins take a big downturn since the LTC down.
SimonTower

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:40:00 PM

Friendly bump!  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: