Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:38:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a PayPal refund for your BFL purchase?  (Read 33988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:03:46 PM

I have a friend who is trying to go through this process starting yesterday and it is not working at all anymore. There are no responses from the email addresses given and Paypal is playing hardball again with the 45 day limit.

Has there been a response from the email addresses provided stating the 45 day limit, or has there been no response at all?  

(Also, if there are any really good, attorney-level writers out there who are familiar with BFL FACTS,  please reach out to me)

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:05:32 PM

I also included a request in my email that BFL's refusal to refund my money for non-delivery, and their violation of the PayPal 45 day TOS requirement on pre-orders - still having not delivered orders placed in 2012 -  be forwarded  to and reviewed by the Butterfly Labs account manager.  Don't know if that helped, but I received a refund ASAP...
curtiskam

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:45:32 PM

I got the 45 day response from the "contact us" form on the PayPal site.  No response yet from the supplied e-mail addresses.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:27:55 PM

Got my refund, cheers.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:37:12 PM

I got the 45 day response from the "contact us" form on the PayPal site.  No response yet from the supplied e-mail addresses.

Same here. Through the site I even notified them (after the 45-day mark) why I felt that they can still push it through, but after going back-and-forth multiple times it was essentially the same thing each time, "it has been over 45 days" over and over.

Through the two emails, I sent them off 2 days ago and still haven't heard anything back.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
curtiskam

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:58:56 PM

I got a response from PayPal that they have created a non-delivery claim and are awaiting a response from BFL.  I can't imagine BFL will rush to respond to an e-mail from anyone, including PayPal. Sad  Fingers Crosssed!
redmetal

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:24:28 PM

Thanks very much, Just got my refund in 36 hours, there wasn't a return email or anything created on Paypal or lodged with my bank.

Since I paid with a credit card I had to scan all the way back to the start of the year to see the reversals,

Once again thanks,
RedMetal

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:32:04 PM

Thanks very much, Just got my refund in 36 hours, there wasn't a return email or anything created on Paypal or lodged with my bank.

Since I paid with a credit card I had to scan all the way back to the start of the year to see the reversals,

Once again thanks,
RedMetal

Awesome, glad to hear it worked out for you!

Up to 89 refunds now!

Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 11:10:30 PM

@ Zich

Can you contact them and tell them that BFL is ["apparently"] sending a huge number of Tracking numbers to PayPal that aren't actually in transit to delay the Chargeback process....and see what they have to say about that?

Could you ask them to investigate this on your behalf?

I don't think that's a good idea to oppose Paypal
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 11:22:42 PM

Once again thanks,
RedMetal

You should see detail transaction in PayPal history

Code:
Sep 15, 2013 	 	Reversal From	  BF Labs Inc.   Completed 
Sep 15, 2013 Transfer To  Credit Card    Completed

Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 11:45:09 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 12:14:28 AM by Zich

Basically, Paypal don't care if the item you  bought will give ROI or not. They just need to know if the item is delivered or not. If not shipped, how long it's already due. Too long then give full refund, still on permitted windows then push BFL to ship.

So if you send mail to Paypal make sure you don't talk about ROI, this will be fatal mistake. Just tell them how long the shipping already due.

Recently we can see no shipping on jalapeno & LS. My guess is BFL trying to give priority on customer that near to delivery like feb or march order due to paypal or CC chargeback. Or customer with due not more than 3 or 4 month(The agreement for PRE-ORDER) & Paypal definitely will give opportunity to BFL to ship the item. This is what Paypal call "Seller & Buyer Win". Seller still can sell some item, some customer got full refund & other got item more quickly. Again, Paypal had no concern on your ROI.

I order my jalapeno on April 6, 2013 & ask for refund on September 15, 2013
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:06:17 AM

I purchased I think in June, and initiated a refund request at (i think) the 43 day mark (of total 45 days allowed?).  I paid $2,800 roughly for the 50GH/s unit.

I chose to call it in, and the girl on the phone who was apparently in the Philippines (this concerned me but turned out to not be an issue) assured me no questions asked that if I had not received my order in a "timely manner" they would reverse the charge forceably on my behalf.

I told her "What if the site claims its a preorder and makes no guarantee as to when it will ship?"

She replied "That doesn't matter.  You ordered, and its been sufficent time for them to ship.  If they can't provide tracking information on your order then we consider it failure to deliver.  So I will initiate a claim for you".

A few days later I got this really strange notice - automated email saying BFL had credited me for my shipping fee's only.  

Not sure what that was all about.

I waited a full 7 business days and the money was refunded into my paypal account.  Got all of it back.

Thank you PayPal!

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 01:35:06 AM

After I got my Paypal refund I sent BFL email saying please don't send my orders to save themselves some shipping cost. Now both of the orders are On Hold instead of Processing. Send them email if you got refund to save yourself and them some headache in the future.

Still got 1 order paid with wire transfer, nothing can be done about that one. It's still Processing.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 04:43:28 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 10:56:59 AM by Zich

Sellers can't chargeback a buyer, that doesn't make any sense.  But the dispute can stay open for something like 10-40 days where BFL can submit evidence that you received the product, ending the dispute in their favor.

In my case, there is no dispute in Resolution Center because i order on april 2013(5 month due). After receiving my mail, Paypal just process the reversal without opening dispute. I check the history there is no open & close case.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 04:49:46 AM

I got a response from PayPal that they have created a non-delivery claim and are awaiting a response from BFL.  I can't imagine BFL will rush to respond to an e-mail from anyone, including PayPal. Sad  Fingers Crosssed!

Since you make 2 approach to Paypal, then we can't know which one create the dispute. By the way, when did you paid the order(my guess is arround 45 days)?
nobunaga

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:42:27 PM

it's been more than 24 hours and counting. neither they have not replied nor refund me back yet. i am worried they might stopped refunding people based on that method. by the way, does anyone know whether paypal people work on weekend or not?
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 09:29:22 PM by tom99

it's been more than 24 hours and counting. neither they have not replied nor refund me back yet. i am worried they might stopped refunding people based on that method. by the way, does anyone know whether paypal people work on weekend or not?
  I did it last Sat. morning and I got replied email less 6 hrs for refund.

ps: some dump ass posted information at BFL forum and got banned.
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 11:42:39 PM

I did it last Sat. morning and I got replied email less 6 hrs for refund.

ps: some dump ass posted information at BFL forum and got banned.
I sent my email Friday night no response Sad . Just resent emails and contacted BFL Labs via email will keep you all posted.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
curtiskam

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:30:47 AM

I got a response from PayPal that they have created a non-delivery claim and are awaiting a response from BFL.  I can't imagine BFL will rush to respond to an e-mail from anyone, including PayPal. Sad  Fingers Crosssed!

Since you make 2 approach to Paypal, then we can't know which one create the dispute. By the way, when did you paid the order(my guess is arround 45 days)?

Order was paid in late march.  Dispute filed through web site was rejected.  Nothing new yet.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 01:43:58 AM

Order was paid in late march.  Dispute filed through web site was rejected.  Nothing new yet.

Did new dispute appear on your Paypal account? What is your order( Jally, LS or...)?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: