Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:09:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyetherWallet Security  (Read 1179 times)
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

As of now I am using keystone file on accessing my wallet because I didn't yet buying hardware wallet to keep my Crypto more secure and safe.
Keystone isn't recommended when you are using public computer or device or old OS computer that's probably resided with viruses that will expose all your digital files and take your wallet keys.
Private key is just the same with keystone file I suppose.
Metamask is one of the slightly safer but again, don't use public computer and you must understand that your computer is virus free and secure because hijackers will steal your keys when you're going to copy and paste it between forms and applications.

LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:05:26 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

As of now I am using keystone file on accessing my wallet because I didn't yet buying hardware wallet to keep my Crypto more secure and safe.
Keystone isn't recommended when you are using public computer or device or old OS computer that's probably resided with viruses that will expose all your digital files and take your wallet keys.
Private key is just the same with keystone file I suppose.
Metamask is one of the slightly safer but again, don't use public computer and you must understand that your computer is virus free and secure because hijackers will steal your keys when you're going to copy and paste it between forms and applications.

I use a keystone as well but i'd recommend trezor or something like that if you want to be more secure.

Of course, common security things still aplly, like not going to suspicious sites, avoiding phishing links and so on.
Lewoll

Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:06:06 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

The best way from your list is Metamask, but the best way ever is hardware wallets like Trezor or Ledger Nano. Do not spare money and buy some hardware wallet.

Indeed, the very least safer on the three is Metamask but still hardware wallet will give you peace of mine especially when you're holding high Crypto Asset values.
I want to buy Ledger Nano S or Trezor, both of them are so popular and I want to keep my Assets secure as I am holding more than $45,000 worth of Assets today.

Plixs

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

I will recommend you to use MetaMask to access your ETH or Token, because with MetaMask you do not have to copy and paste your private key, you just need to connect MetaMask and MEW when you want to send a token.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:14:02 PM

I personally always login to myetherwallet using private key, but must always make sure that the intended website is correct, and to more easily do bookmark myetherwallet website, and surely you will avoid phishing website

Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:20:36 PM

Connecting using metamask is better since you don't need to put your files/private keys
cryptoblue

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:23:20 PM

In my opinion, Keystone File and Metamask are the safest way to login MyEtherWallet. I have been doing with Keystone File and feel safe. It would be better to avoid private key option.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

better use metamask if you wanna make a transaction use myetherwallet.more safety because you dont need share or input private key.so even u get into phising web,there nothing they can take from you.

Zveresk

Activity: 378
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:26:31 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

1.Keystone File - not safe
2.Private Key - not safe
3.Connecting Metamask - safe
4.Connecting trezor/ledger - the most safe way to use MEW
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:28:44 PM

better use metamask if you wanna make a transaction use myetherwallet.more safety because you dont need share or input private key.so even u get into phising web,there nothing they can take from you.
Metamask is more safe than using private keys. Private keys may hack anytime unlike metamask all are safe. Yes no need to login always the private keys in visiting the myetherwallet site.
DAN29

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:29:22 PM

1.paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:29:59 PM

First of all, you have to bookmark https://myetherwallet.com because sometime we not check the secure sign in address bar and put our login details at phishing site and hacker got our all details. Always try to login with UTC file and strong password because UTC file is in encrypted form and no one can break it and use private window to login as it don't save any of information and cookies.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:44:46 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

1.Keystone File - not safe
2.Private Key - not safe
3.Connecting Metamask - safe
4.Connecting trezor/ledger - the most safe way to use MEW
I guess that the combo of Keystone File and Metamask is the best way to protect your MEW. Or you can use a hardware wallets like  trezor/ledger, but there are a lot of messages appear that they are programmed and steal your private keys. So it is strong argument for me to use Keystone File and Metamask instead of hardware wallets.
deblue
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:50:23 PM

anything that is online is not safe in my opinion. if you want to use it as safe, there are codes available from github. or you can get ledger nano s.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:56:14 PM

there are some good suggestions here but they are only reducing the risk. at the end of it all you are still using a web wallet on an online computer and that is risky on its own.
add to that the fact that MEW may be popular but the popularity is only among users not a lot of coder who must review the code to find bugs and fix them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Hanablue

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:57:44 PM

I dont think us9nig private key in the legit site of MEW is wrong, its safe as long as you are on a correct site.
BitindaHouse

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:03:40 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

All in the branches disagree, but most of the metamask, but I'm essentially paranoid, then I store on several offline devices including a laptop that does not have access to the Internet;D Grin

aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:17:29 PM

Well I am using my private key to login but will install metamask for more tight security, the most important thing I guess is to bookmark the real myetherwallet site, although they have a new feature, it is not yet safe because so many hackers are now cloning myetherwallet a good alternatice is Exodus, although it is only for Ethereum only wallet.

gg20222

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:39:35 PM

In my opinion. I guess they are all important. Theyre safe tou use. It is trusted. Im using private key. So dont give away your private key, passwords. Keep it for yourself only. Keystone and metamask are also good for securing your account.
cobak pole

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:45:35 PM

to keep the security of a myetherwallet I do not think hope to use a public network based internet.
so security can be maintained.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: