Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyetherWallet Security  (Read 1179 times)
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:47:02 PM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Either of the one and two would be good,but it is better if you use metamask extension because it serves as an extra layer of protection to these hackers,phishing sites would be indentify and your private keys will remain safe if you use this extension.Metamask was created to store or encrypt your private keys inside the metamask when you are trading or transacting with these DEX or decentralized exchanges it is also recommended by the experts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I am using Metamask, because it is giving me more protection. Keystone file is OK as well, just don't use your private key, because it is unnecessary risk.

abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:48:59 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
You need to use metamask whenever you are using either private keys or keystone file,because metamask is an added protection for your private keys,it stores the private keys and will prevent these phishing sites to steal the keys,so if you are using decentralized exchanges,you should use metamask protection so you wont be worried about being hacked.

crypto2k180

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:53:24 PM

The most important thing is not to store keys in clear form in files like: my key, my data, etc. So that no one saw your data better than anyone else doing an archive with a password for these same data. Then you will sleep without problems =)

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:56:24 PM

While most of people recommend using Metamask , I always use Keystore File I am just comfortable using it . But remember not being careful nothing will help you . As for the Private key it is a big NO for me . For decentralized exchange I just use separated wallet and move the token I only want to sell to it and after selling I move my ETH to my main wallet , same thing for buying just deposit ETH into my separated wallet buy the token I want then move it to my main wallet  .
I am really against using your main wallet into any decentralized exchange whether you using Metamask or not .
Hasan986

Activity: 416
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:25:01 PM

I think the use of keystore / json file in MyEtherWallet is safe, because the use of this information is very rare in the hands of someone else.
So it is better to login using keystore / json file with password.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:29:09 AM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
1, paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
I have been using metamask for a while now and I have never had any problem with it. It is an extension with a very strong layer of security and so far, I have never gotten any bad review about it, neither have I seen an issue with me using it. So far, I will rather stick to metamask than choose any of the other options.

All the above, keystore file seems to me like the safest unless you feel your PC is extremely safe, that is when you should be entering with your private key. I am always very scared to play with my private key anyway; maybe that is the reason why.

The most important thing is to always keep any of them safe; because even your keystore file lying anywhere is not good, if you cannot protect it.
Arkitekt

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

to da mooon

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:31:16 AM

you actually want to generate your keys on a computer not connected to the internet then you can digitally store the keystore/json and write your private key down on a piece of paper and lock it up Cheesy
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:33:24 AM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Keystore file is very security than other! But with more coin and token in your wallet! You need used Mist or paper wallet! Do not used your wallet online!
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:37:31 AM

The safest way is to connect metamask but i will recommend using json file instead of private key you would just locate the file and enter your password, for me private key takes time to copy paste and the letters are very sensitive.

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
tornikejr

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:38:51 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 07:18:32 AM by tornikejr

I am using Metamask with myetherwallet Its easy and i think most secure way if you don't have hardware wallet.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
Din Di

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:41:25 AM

You should go for metamask. Do not use your keystone file especially don't ever send your private key.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:42:58 AM

Guys if you want to log in in your myetherwallet account please make sure that the links are correct becase sometimes if you put your private key it can be hack by someone if it is not the right link so please be careful

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:44:55 AM

If we take a look at MEW both keystore/json and private key are not recommended although there is a chance that MEW will be hacked you can lose all your tokens. Connect to metamask is the safest way

legaltrk

Activity: 700
Merit: 56

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

privatekey is the most insecure one
The safest ways.
keystone files and metamask
they are much safer to me
Subkarnas

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:15 AM

Personally I disn't have any problems with myetherwallet. A month or two ago was a fud that everyone got hacked but it turned out to be false. I use a keystone file that i stored on a USB and secured on a shelf. On forums and telegram chat I didn't notice anyone having problems with their balance.
btcefeyigit

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:01:31 AM

The security of the wallets is very important on this platform. In the digital money world, there are constantly new developments. The volume of money is increasing. As the amount of money increases, the interest of people increases. I believe in myetherwallet security.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:04:02 AM

NEW will always let you know that if you login using your private key is out of your own risk,that why i prefer the keystone file as my login for security reason and safety
efey399

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:06:40 AM

the security of wallets and exchange sites is very important. As the amount of money in the digital money world increases, the interest of virtual thieves increases. MyetherWallet is fine and smooth.
jundy020

Activity: 191

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:34:35 AM

using keystone file is the safest way to check MEW balance and wallet, dont use private key unless youre going to withdraw or deposit money in your wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: