Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyetherWallet Security  (Read 1179 times)
brightology

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:00:36 PM

Bitcoin is a crypto currency and well known as digital money, which many hackers are interesting into, instead for them to work, rather stilling and we need extremely careful in the sense that, we need to applied strong password.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:03:46 PM

Currently, logging into MEW via private keys and JSON files has not been recommended because many phishing sites use MEW to steal user information. For security reasons, you should connect with a hardware wallet or metamask to secure your login with MEW wallet. Do bookmark websites to avoid visiting counterfeit websites.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
Betheng

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:19:38 PM

My etherwallet has a  wide range of security options to offer. Users have a great deal of flexibility when it comes to how they can access their wallets.your account is secured with a password and a private key, which is generated upon opening an account. It’s highly recommended that you make a backup of your private key. Whatever you do, don’t store this sensitive information on your computer. Instead, consider paper or a secure external device.
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:24:50 PM

I think if you are not using or dont have metamask, endeavour to triple check your URL link and see it is the correct one before inputting your private key so that you don't get phished by hackers or scammers. Stay safe.
hjfjmk

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Myetherwallet is an open source web wallet. The application is convenient and simple. The only thing to note is that the computer browser you are using is safe, avoid being phished, get your key, and be stolen.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:07:01 AM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Actually all three of them I think safe even more so if you have instilled security in your browser. so, basically I think. security issues, we ourselves must create, be it prevention on the PC and the browser itself. always try to use a good antivirus and internet security.

bupbebuon948

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:23:21 AM

I believe the safest one is the keystore file. Though all of them are safe it's just their vulnerability to hackers have different levels of difficulty. Just be cautious on the websites you're visiting to avoid the risk og getting hacked.
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:40:21 AM

If you have significant crypto assets, like a paycheck or more, I'd suggest using a hardware wallet to access MEW. Just make sure to buy from the manufacturer, too many stories going around of third-party retailers scamming people.
NinjaCryp

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:52:46 AM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Keystore / JSON file and import wallet from MEW to metamask is the most secure way to log in so far. All my assets are safe and I am satisfied with this method. Privatekey is too dangerous and hackers can occupy it at any time. So, I never even backup privatekey.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:30:57 AM

MEW is very safe, because anywhere and to anybody you do not transmit your broadcasts and money will be in the locker, and myetherwallets only helps to manage the broadcasts with the help of personal keys. That is, ETH will not be stored in the wallet in the literal sense.
btcefeyigit399

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:34:07 AM

For investors trading in the currency of the cryptographic currencies, wallets are very important. I use myetherwallet and I am very happy until the last events. The myetherwallet team solved this problem and again the security level increased
r0nin87

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:49:03 AM

In myetherwallet, I only use a private key.  And neither when I do not save it on the computer.  I write down all the passwords in the old manner on the sheet
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:06:32 AM

In myetherwallet, I only use a private key.  And neither when I do not save it on the computer.  I write down all the passwords in the old manner on the sheet

Myetherwallet is security. So it safe to use and hold the coin long time. It future safety wallet. myetherwallet useful to received the token and ethereum. But you are the responsibility for your wallet. So don't share the private key. This important for this process. Private key help to open your wallet. So save the private key. If need for the more information read the rules and regulations. Then create the wallet. Save the private key and ethereum address. So if need to receive the token or ethereum. Share the ethereum address. But don't share the private key. If try to share some people easy to hack your account wallet. So it your wallet. So you are the responsibility for the any issue. So safe to use the wallet. So no one can hack the myetherwallet. So it good future saving the coin and token wallet.
veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:11:43 AM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
For me, its Private Key, you should be the only one who knows your Private Key, just print and try to keep it in a safest place that no one will know.
altcoiner

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:15:23 AM

U can also buy and use "cold" ledger wallet, it will save ur private key outside of ur computer, but u must also be careful, nobody will save u if u would download something wrong.
ancosuzin

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:51:49 AM

I don't recommend to login to MEW account using privatekey, so I will go for Keystore File for more safety. Smiley Smiley
bamita128

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

I never heard, that the secret key can be broken up. I think that the purse of MyEtherWallet is reliable enough, and it is needed simply to observe precautionary measures at his use.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:45:45 PM

I don't recommend to login to MEW account using privatekey, so I will go for Keystore File for more safety. Smiley Smiley
Every application can have bugs, the selection and use should follow the majority of members! But for ETH or virtual currency in general, do not allow errors, any errors can cause serious damage! Considerations before use.
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:00:33 PM

The fastest way to login is of course using your private key as you only need to copy and paste the private key into the box and unlock the wallet but it's not that recommended to use your private key as it's easy to be careless and if you open a wrong site then other people will know your private key instantly. It's better to use metamask for ethreum wallet as it's more safer than mew in my opinion.

mychau482002

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:36:53 AM

you actually want to generate your keys on a computer not connected to the internet then you can digitally store the keystore/json and write your private key down on a piece of paper and lock it up Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: