Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyetherWallet Security  (Read 1179 times)
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:39:13 PM

When you are just to check your wallet balance, I would prefer you to view your wallet through address only rather than using private key. But you can also use metamask or keystore file for logging in because it is much more safer.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:13:25 PM

I prefer to use private keys instead of both. I think it's easier than connecting my MEW to metamask or keystore file. I also feel secure that no one can enter my account when I use my private key to open it. Although both ways are also good, it still depends on the user in what way he / she feels comfortable. The private key is safe as long as you keep it up. and most importantly you have a backup file of your private key.
htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:18:43 PM

MyetherWallet is still secure, and MyetherWallet can be used with a hardware wallet, which is the safest, and it is best to use it with bookmarks in case of phishing sites.

kingzonehtx

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:25:57 PM

Why do I use metamask but I still log in and transfer token from one computer to another (login with private key) and no need to validate with metamask Huh
LeetPoolsOP

Activity: 507

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

This service provides some security recommendations. for example, this is the lack of preservation in the system of your data, which, accordingly, is not transferred to third parties. further - do not click on dubious advertisements and links, also install the MetaMask extension and connect the purses to increase security. about wallets - it's better to use Trezor or Ledger Nano S.
vihang200

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:53:28 AM

Everyone has its ways I use all of them interchangeably just to break the routine. However I do think that the best and most secure way to access it is through Metamask. This is just my opinion.
tranhongg323

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:04:21 PM

The first best option to log-in MEW is via metamask chrome extension because your private keys are not exposed and the extension will protect you from phishing sites. The second best way is to log-in via KeyStore/JSON file, basically, this file is the encrypted version of your private key.
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:09:29 PM

I would pick metamask , easy to use and you need to confirm all transactions via your browser add on... JSON is ok too, but metamask is more secure way
thornTorn

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:16:20 PM

I have been using MyEtherWallet for more than a year or so and I have been logging in with private key. But, I haven't had any issues. In my opinion, the safest option to log in with is either using keystone file or metamask.
leoandrew

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:17:11 PM

which is the safest way to store the coins? All ways are his in their own way.  I prefer the security key method and the metamask method just gives you over protection. So it's all good. Myether wallet is one of the safest wallet.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:20:09 PM

i used to do unlocking by keystore/ json file and i feel that was safest way to log in. i never faced any problem while using this.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:23:16 PM

Among those three i think connecting metamask is the safest because it add security layer for your wallet, Myetherwallet itself is safe though, most of the problem with hacks is the fault of people themselves because they are careless and not double check the url again before using their private key and access the wallet, if you are careful then you should be fine.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:23:42 PM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Connecting Metamask is like a second layer for MEW, preventing yourself from entering wrong site. Keystore is said to be safer than private key, but it still depends. If your keystore file is stolen, one would still need a password before decrypting your public key. If your private key revealed to other, they can use it however they like. It would be better to use keystore for daily use and private key when keystore files went missing.
teriyakiboz

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

https://WWW.DAXICO.COM

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

Id we want to Simple metode to enter myetherwallet of course we use private key, and if we want to more save we can use metamask, itu ia just our opinion but you can use other methode saver to enter myetherwallet

■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ■  DAXICO ■  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■
HASSLE FREE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
www.daxico.com
btctime

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:34:20 PM

I would recommend that you use Keystone File, since this way of entering your wallet is the most secure and the probability of hacking your wallet with this method of entry is minimal.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:36:28 PM

I know that it is safer to connect via Metamask, but I still use private key via bookmarks. I want to level up in my security level and due to this reason I am going to buy Ledger.
Sasha88x

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:22:49 PM

I always enter My Ether Wallet using Keystone File. And never keep the data to enter the wallet on the computer, then the security is guaranteed
optimusprimalh

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:24:22 PM

Metamask is very safe I think, of course it's safer than Private Key, that's the worst option according to possibilities of hackers, it's so easy to steal it from you.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ ███  █    Telegram   Twitter   █  ███  Ⓞ fluzcoin
█  █ █  █  The Intelligent Retail Currency █  █ █  █ 
Backed up by global retailers Legally compliant Non-speculative
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:25:22 PM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Using Keystore, not recommended because if you get phished, your keystore can uploaded to the hackers place.
using private key, the worst method. Again, you can be phished and submit the private key to them.
using metamask is the safest option here.
_Flynn_

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:31:34 PM

Using Keystore file and Private key are not recommended. The best way is use Ledger wallet which will protect you from phishing, malware, and more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: