Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Chinese Perspective on the Future of Tron $TRX  (Read 105 times)
vandercent (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:11:39 AM

I just wanted to share this bit of information with you about TRON as a Chinese investor. Yes, there are existing applications that already do what TRON is setting out to do however when you review a product like TRON or NEO you have to think about the market that it is most likely to serve. The Chinese market will likely be its main focus (EXCLUDE ALL WESTERN INTERACTIONS FOR NOW)
To help you understand the value proposition of TRON better, you have to first think about facebook vs wechat google vs baidu didi vs uber NEO vs ETH
Traditionally western technology companies have always had a difficult time entering the Chinese market.
The Chinese government will likely support TRON over Steem (ETH) etc (Why do we think that NEO will succeed over ETH because NEO is a smart economy platform much like ETH. NEO would like to incorporate blockchain with infrastructure development. China is developing a lot of smart cities using blockchain and its hard to believe that they would support a foreign technology rather than there own. You can ask yourself the same question would the US government allow foreign companies to manage sensitive data related to there infrastructure developments? I highly doubt it)
For the basis of this comment, I just want to review TRON's entertainment value. Lets take a look at these 2 entertainment industries in China.
LIVE STREAMING (3 Billion USD market) a) Live Streaming in China is a huge market with an annual growth of more than 100% year to year b) Many of these platforms take enormous fees from content creators. TRON's whitepaper mentions that it would like to enter this market and offer an alternative to content creators. How it will do this is up for speculation but the market potential is definitely there.
Tencent's WECHAT (Value at over 500 Billion USD) a) Wechat is massive in China, everyone in China uses Wechat. b) How is TRON going to generate value from Wechat? Wechat has subscription accounts which authors can write posts/articles to there followers. (This imo will have a larger market and community than STEEM will ever hope to achieve) 同道大叔 is one of the listed partners of TRON. He is a Chinese influencer with a very successful business on wechat subscription accounts. If he decides to support TRON tokens as a form of reward from his fans, this will introduce TRON into China's mainstream market very rapidly.
I hope this gives you some insight about why there is so much Chinese investment into TRON atm. It just makes a lot of sense for us. Yes, I agree TRON dog is useless but its serves as a test bed for future development. I view the application as testing the water with something light and manageable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RechardSmith

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:28:53 AM

Well said, I appreciate you.
Zsywt1024

Activity: 286
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:36:56 AM

The Chinese government will not support any kind of cryptocurrency
But I agree with the community you are saying to promote influence in China
As for the final how, who do not know ,But to develop is a not bad thing Smiley
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:49:23 AM

I hope Tron ($TRX) will reach good usage and acceptance in both Chinese people and the rest of the world. It has good potential. Thanks for sharing the information.
kulakvlad

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:07:28 AM

I've been holding TRX for a long time and do not want to sell, I believe in perspective. Such information inspired me very much, thank you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: