Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coincheck users withdraw $373 million after company resumes withdrawal  (Read 116 times)
Jeffery Musk (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:16:25 AM

Conincheck users withdrew a total of $373 million on Tuesday after resuming of the service. This is since the startup reported a $533 million cybertheft end of last month. Coincheck suspended services after this hack.
Know More: https://coinpedia.org/news/coincheck-users-withdraw-373-million-withdrawal-service/
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:10:22 AM

Wow, I'm surprised that didn't render them insolvent. But then again, I'm sure they were prepared for a scenario like this after resuming their services. I know I'd cash out immediately if my money had been stuck in limbo with them.

The hack was unfortunate for sure, but it truly looks like the company wants to regain public trust, and I respect that. It looks like they also disclosed the details of the hack, so we could probably reasonably assume that the company didn't "hack" itself. I do hope they get back on their feet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: