Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important information about KYC!  (Read 224 times)
Sergeymedia (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:21:30 AM

Probably, you are faced with the problem of KYC registration if you participated in the bounty or airdrops, and also if you invest in any ICO at any stage.
   Reliable companies always notify you of the need for KYC at the very beginning. This is indicated in all project documents. So they give you the right to choose whether to open their personal data or not.
  You can consider as scammers those companies, that did not report the KYC procedure at the beginning, for example before the beginning of the bounty, and then put you before the fact. In such projects, I recommend not to participate. But the choice is always yours.
    KYC - is a very important point, which can not be ignored. Many large (small too) investors do not want to show with their personal data. After all, why was the cryptocurrency created? As a means of anonymity payments, that's right. Why should investors open their personal data? Especially when they have already invested their money, the KYC requirement is equivalent to a catastrophe! Surely you saw the reactions of such people in the chats of different projects.

Before you send your personal information, such as passport scan, you need to answer the main question: whether to do it? Think carefully before giving an answer. Let's think together.

YES
   You get paid for your work (And this is your time - the most valuable and irreplaceable resource). You deserve a reward for the time spent, for example in the case of bounty. If you are an investor, you have already made your funds, and KYC for you is an important step for getting your tokens. You are ready to take risks by sending your personal information to the company.

NO
    You send your personal information to those with whom you are unfamiliar. What will happen to your personal information in the future - you don't know. Third parties have access to your documents, and nobody is responsible for distributing documents over the network, except for you. Have you ever seen an agreement on the non-distribution of personal information?
    There is always a possibility that the file with the data of the participants can be hacked, stolen, resold to third parties. As you know, hacker attacks occur regularly, especially in the field of crypto-currencies. And the project administrators who collect the data are tempted to sell them and become richer at the same time. And to prove the sale is almost impossible.
    You participate not in one project but in many. And the more you distribute your personal data to all companies, the more chances are that they will fall into the hands of scammers.
    It's not new that fraudsters can commit many illegal acts with your passport data. I can advise all people who scatter their personal data, be cautious and attentive. Do not be surprised if you are already on the wanted list abroad...

As far as I know, there are people who send fake documents for KYC or are processed using graphics programs. There you can change the appearance, hide the numbers, codes or fix them to nonexistent. You have the right to do what you think is right. But in many countries, faking is considered a criminal offense, for which you can sit for a long time. So, do you think it's worth risking your own freedom for 1-2 thousand incomprehensible tokens...
Many will say: I did it 100 times, and there was no problem. Believe my experience, problems can suddenly occur 101 times.

I can confidently answer the question: "Do you send personal documents for KYC?" - NO.

If this message was useful to you or saved you from a fatal mistake, you can share the merit, I will be very grateful. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biglion

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:59:13 PM

thanks for the info
I never send my personal information to KYC
the result can be sad for me
I do not have a merit, sorry
but you did a good job
us11csalyer

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:53:36 AM

As for me, this issue is now very important, as more and more bounty campaigns are requesting the passage of identification. But what if it becomes a generally accepted rule? Would you not send documents and participate in bounty companies at all?

Sergeymedia (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:36:38 AM

As for me, this issue is now very important, as more and more bounty campaigns are requesting the passage of identification. But what if it becomes a generally accepted rule? Would you not send documents and participate in bounty companies at all?
I think that this will never become a generally accepted rule.
The principle of crypto-currency is decentralization.
If all investors start to send their personal data - this will be the end of the whole system.
It will be very bad. But, I'm sure that this will not happen.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:42:52 PM

thanks for the info
but you did a good job

I agree with you! Never send your personal info to complete strangers because you don't know what they are aiming for requesting your documents. Identity documents are very often bought and sold in the black market (and not only there...). Be careful about it! Avoid bounties, ICOs and airdrops which require too many personal information.

Yes, I'm afraid it will become a general rule, because I see crypto-community is losing their privacy. Maybe that's a shady strategy backed by banks and governments.
My solution? Don't join bounty campaigns at all, at least avoid joining the ones which require personal information or request KYC procedures.
My signature is a referral program of a very reliable company which already paid me many times without requesting any personal info. I know from my stats many people from bitcointalk are clicking on my signature and so I'm earning from this referral program which pays directly in BTC. I guess maybe I'm earning more this way than what I may earn joining a regular signature campaign.
Sergeymedia (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:04:11 AM

thanks for the info
but you did a good job

I agree with you! Never send your personal info to complete strangers because you don't know what they are aiming for requesting your documents. Identity documents are very often bought and sold in the black market (and not only there...). Be careful about it! Avoid bounties, ICOs and airdrops which require too many personal information.

Yes, I'm afraid it will become a general rule, because I see crypto-community is losing their privacy. Maybe that's a shady strategy backed by banks and governments.
My solution? Don't join bounty campaigns at all, at least avoid joining the ones which require personal information or request KYC procedures.
My signature is a referral program of a very reliable company which already paid me many times without requesting any personal info. I know from my stats many people from bitcointalk are clicking on my signature and so I'm earning from this referral program which pays directly in BTC. I guess maybe I'm earning more this way than what I may earn joining a regular signature campaign.
Unfortunately, not all forum participants have the status of a Hero). Therefore, we must participate in various bounties and airdrops. It is important that all newcomers know that personal information does not need to be sent. When the organizers of the company bounty ask you to get personal information, this means a 100% scam.
Oneandonlydl

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:24:41 AM

Unfortunately, not all forum participants have the status of a Hero). Therefore, we must participate in various bounties and airdrops. It is important that all newcomers know that personal information does not need to be sent. When the organizers of the company bounty ask you to get personal information, this means a 100% scam.

Do you believe that every bounty that uses KYC before release of funds, bounties, or tokens is a 100% scam? Because I see more and more companies are posting this as a requirement on their campaigns.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:37:57 AM

Do you believe that every bounty that uses KYC before release of funds, bounties, or tokens is a 100% scam? Because I see more and more companies are posting this as a requirement on their campaigns.

No, there shouldn't be any direct correlation between implementing KYC procedures and scamming. They may simply be required by the regulatory bodies of their home country.

That being said, you're definitely in greater danger if you disclose your identity, because you have no idea what they'll do with it. Make sure you do proper research before you start giving out your info.

Smart_owl

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:18:44 AM

No, there shouldn't be any direct correlation between implementing KYC procedures and scamming. They may simply be required by the regulatory bodies of their home country.

That being said, you're definitely in greater danger if you disclose your identity, because you have no idea what they'll do with it. Make sure you do proper research before you start giving out your info.

Everyone should understand that KYC is a normal procedure in serious projects.
But you decide which project will be serious for you.
Some projects are created specifically for collecting personal data. Experienced investors see this and do not give money to scammers.
Many newcomers do not understand this.
The author of the message shows how not to fall into the trap.
He deserves to receive a merit
Midoproj

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:21:38 AM

This was my concern all along. Especially since it has now become the norm for ICOs. This makes your due diligence more important than ever. If someone has your exact birthday date as well as your First and Surname, they basically can identify as you via telephone wherever.

So it's a real risk and dilemma each time you are asked to send these information.

Implications: Verify the credibility of the company and project AS WELL AS the authenticity of the bounty or airdrop providers (scam alert).

Best of luck to as all in this regard.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:38:08 PM

I've never gone thru KYC proccess for bounty, I have done KYC for an ICO tho, regulations require it novadays.
Oneandonlydl

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:21:55 AM

Thank you for this information, I will definitely be more wary and cautious when disclosing any type of personal information now.
Dobrohod

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:03:23 AM

because KYC is one of the measures to identify multiaccs. And this' is choise of everyone themself - give o not give KYC. I never would give KYC, because of biiiiiiiig risk of solding my personal data to "bad people".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: