Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:53:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to sell?  (Read 330 times)
ak4700 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:15:57 PM

I’m new to crypto world and have made a bunch of bad choices. Unfortunately, as of yet, I do not have the knowledge how to distinguish bad coins from good coins. But I’m willing to cut losses and use the current opportunity to buy something of value.

I’d appreciate if you could give me insight which ones of my holdings do have less value or potential. Which ones should I get rid of and which ones should I keep (they all bear huge losses now):
XRB, SEQ, EBST, THC, DOGE, SC, VTC, ZCL, XMR, XLM, LTC, EOS, NEBL, ETHOS, XEM
Tnx!
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:18:23 PM

I’m new to crypto world and have made a bunch of bad choices. Unfortunately, as of yet, I do not have the knowledge how to distinguish bad coins from good coins. But I’m willing to cut losses and use the current opportunity to buy something of value.

I’d appreciate if you could give me insight which ones of my holdings do have less value or potential. Which ones should I get rid of and which ones should I keep (they all bear huge losses now):
Tnx!

For the moment is a bad time to sell anything. The market is at it`s lowes from thi dip and now is finnaly getting up. You should wait for a month or two before starting to sell because you might regret otherwise.

ak4700 (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:31:17 PM

Sure. The way I think is, probably ADA or NEO etc would do 100% in following months.
But I imagine, some coins that I hold, most likely never make 100%, not in few months but even during a year.
Especially I cannot see any value in SEQ, EBST and XRB. Bought them as a short term speculative positions but I missed the exit point big time.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:35:13 PM

Instead of buying everything randomly you should take a few coins and research them thoroughly for a few days or even weeks.

Where does there value come from? How low and how high could it possibly be? At what times? What are the risks? What problems does it solve?

Ask as many questions as you can and use Google to research markets and industries.

Don't bother asking on this forum, people who know what to buy and sell generally won't tell you on here. And those that do tell you what to do know just as little as you do and just try to shill their bags or dump prices. If there's no extremely solid reasoning behind a post, ignore it.
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:37:50 PM

I think that you need to sell only when you need money. If you do not really need money, then I think it's worth leaving them in the crypto currency. Because the market is growing every day. So your capital becomes bigger.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:37:56 PM

I think you should definitely sell DOGE. This is not a serious coin, it was created for fun. You should definitely sell it.

yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:38:17 PM

Tnx!

You should sell SEQ, EBST, DOGE, VTC, ZCL and THC and hold rest of them. That coin I mention not have value because volume too low and never get positive news. Cut loss and replace your money into another, such as ETH and LTC. I recommended you to buy LTC again because this coin has slow price action but sure ( see from history chart ), it should be great for you. Just like that and see you next time.

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:40:03 PM

Have LTC , ETH and BTC as major portion in your portfolio, if eth is down then likely all coins on eth platform will be down , same is with BTC , if btc is down then all coins performance goes bad, Keep ltc as it is less volatile.
neuer111

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:42:20 PM

I know DOGE and XMR are good, I have bought some and have not got disappointed. Can't give advice about the rest, but I think this is not a good time to sell any coin. We just passed the market correction phase, so your coins are highly possible to grow, thus, wait a bit (at least a week or two). At least you will be able to sell them for a better price. As of the future, count the following coins as well:

ETH, LTC, XRP, NEO, IOTA, Zcash!

Just research them and make your decision afterward! Good luck!  Wink

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:46:54 PM

Sure. The way I think is, probably ADA or NEO etc would do 100% in following months.
But I imagine, some coins that I hold, most likely never make 100%, not in few months but even during a year.
Especially I cannot see any value in SEQ, EBST and XRB. Bought them as a short term speculative positions but I missed the exit point big time.
once you aim for 100% then you must be ready to loss 100% too.in crypto 20-50% is a big profit unless youre willing for long term investment in which will last upto1 year of holding..i found your portfolio good enough to stand for long term.patients and trust in your coin is the onlyway for the future earning is what you need
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:49:40 PM

It's a downward trend, so it's not a rational choice to sell tokens now.
You should wait for them to go up again, so consider selling a portion, then buy other better altcoin or invest in ICO.

zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:49:53 PM

Better hold them for now. I think this quarter is a good time to buy while you can. Cutting your loses will just give you more stress. If you bought those coins with your spare money, just hold them and wait a little longer until the market goes rocketing again.

Legion13

Activity: 323
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

Tnx!

Though I cannot answer which coin to sell since I haven't researched on a most of them, I can advice you one thing. First thing before investing is to understand the whitepaper and Roadmap of the coin. If you feel its too much hassle to go through 5-6 pages of the whitepaper then watch some youtube videos from a few reputable people (not the ones who promoted Bitconnnect! lol!). If you believe the project is a unique one and going to have a great real world use case in a long term then invest in it and don't listen to anyone.

One example is Nano (XRB). I feel this is going to be huge in a long term after a wide scale adoption. Though there has been FUD recently about hacks, I am really bullish for this coin. Similar there are many other coins like PRL, NEO, REQ, IOTA which would really do well on the long run i.e a year or two.

Sell all the shitcoins coins you hold. We are likely entering a bearish market so now might be the right time to get in. Also do hold some ETH or BTC, around 25-30% in your portfolio. Never neglect these.

All my trades need to be verified on the forum. Please send me a PM here first to confirm you are talking to me. Don't deal with anyone impersonating me on telegram.

P.S: I never ask trusted members to go first.
zickle

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:58:01 PM

Pay your attention to GAS.

Keep ltc as it is less volatile.
On the contrary, I'm advising to sell LTC now, while the price of the coin is high enough.
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:59:30 PM

I think now's not the time to sell, like most people I'd recommend holding.

Most long term top 5 coins will climb way more during the year.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
AlexSun

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:03:20 PM

I think now's not the time to sell, like most people I'd recommend holding.
Most long term top 5 coins will climb way more during the year.

Agree.
But if some sell is necessary than always sell this what has am biggest growth in your portfolio.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:12:03 PM

Tnx!
It is not the right time to sell now holding is the best choice for now because values and prices are dropping . Just wait and be patient to increase and rise the price. Crypto currencies essentially has the chance to replace the US Dollars or your local fiat currency that you use to purchase many things . Holding coins means to have a share in this venture. If coins ever replaces monetary reserves of central banks or becomes the dominant currency for international trades . If you are going to hold something go for Ethereum or ETH.
RoonyBlack

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

The question should start with what to buy, not what to sell. Sell the bad coins. It does not matter if you are going to sell them a little low. If you wait more you will sell them even lower.
For me, the best choise for investment is in alt coin. There are bonuses and a lot of people buy those coins and dump them when they hit exchange. By that way they make a lot of capital for more investments.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:21:51 PM

Tnx!
dont eagerly to invest mate if you don't have not enough knowledge,  you must educate your self first on how to do an investment in crypto and how it works without huge lose . So i suggest to learn some technical analysis in the market so that you know which is good to invest . Make some research around the internet to gain some strategy And to prevent loses .'cause being lack of knowledge is not good so if you are beginner educate your self and don't pursue your self to gamble your money 'cause the market nowadays is too risky.   Regards
slimfit88

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:23:52 PM

simple tricks just take in the top coin market cap, like EOS, tron, vchain, icon and others. top coin is safest and have potential to growth because thats coins very popular.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: