Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:23:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: so whats happening with litecoin?  (Read 1293 times)
adpinbr (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:57:01 PM

is the price just a wait to dump on box? will it go up? i feel like its only a matter of time until more and more services start accepting litecoin since they already have the infrastructure.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:04:45 PM

is the price just a wait to dump on box? will it go up? i feel like its only a matter of time until more and more services start accepting litecoin since they already have the infrastructure.

The main drawback for litecoin is its name.

It is reminiscent of a lite beer or a lighter version of something bigger and better. Your point about the infrastructure is spot on. What is going to happen is a few of these alts will eventually become noticed and adopted by the masses. Then the existing bitcoin infrastructure will be modified to accept these newly popular alts. However, history shows that it will be difficult to predict which ones will be the winners since technical fundamentals will have less impact on acceptance than name. Think of early windows, a horrendous mess of an operating system from a technical standpoint, but a consumer grand slam in terms of sales and popularity.

I think litecoin may become widely successful, but it will first have to overcome its image somehow of being the "light version" of something better.

Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and windows 98, were master pieces, as far as early OS's go. Much more user friendly then Linux, OS 2 Warp or DOS, and much prettier than the early Mac OS. People didn't start using windows, because it was called windows.. Infact, windows, is a really stupid name...

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:21:49 PM

I don't really know the answer, at a guess I think a lot of people have bought LTC hoping that it will rise in value when Gox eventually launches it. This has caused a drop in LTC trade volume as people hang on to it, also a liquidity crises for all coins as people are in hold mode rather than trade mode. Like I say, just a guess, I might be totally wrong.

Pumpkin

Activity: 151

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:42:32 PM

LTC price is going to it's true value of 0.
hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:52:02 PM

LTC price is going to it's true value of $1,000,000.

I fixed it for you ^^

ebmarket.co
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 12:31:16 AM

LTC price is going to it's true value of $1,000,000.

I fixed it for you ^^

ebmarket.co
samfisher

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:06:10 AM

It is reminiscent of a lite beer or a lighter version of something bigger and better. Your point about the infrastructure is spot on. What is going to happen is a few of these alts will eventually become noticed and adopted by the masses. Then the existing bitcoin infrastructure will be modified to accept these newly popular alts. However, history shows that it will be difficult to predict which ones will be the winners since technical fundamentals will have less impact on acceptance than name. Think of early windows, a horrendous mess of an operating system from a technical standpoint, but a consumer grand slam in terms of sales and popularity.

I think litecoin may become widely successful, but it will first have to overcome its image somehow of being the "light version" of something better.

There you go again, getting hung up on what a coin is called.  At least this time you didn't go on and on about goldcoin.

*Link Removed*
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:16:49 AM

There you go again, getting hung up on what a coin is called.  At least this time you didn't go on and on about goldcoin.

What's wrong with the name Goldcoin?

To me it seems like the ultimate name for a coin.

Thoughts?

~BCX~
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:28:40 AM

Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and windows 98, were master pieces, as far as early OS's go.

You must like blue screens!  Tongue

It's been my experience, in my 20 years of PC troubleshooting, that 9 times out of 10, blue screens are caused by third party hardware or software, not windows. Windows just uses the blue screen, as a way to report something is terribly wrong, be it anything from a bad stick of ram, to faulty video drivers.
Granted, Windows ME, and Vista, were complete crap and I'm not a fan of windows 8, myself, but 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, xp and 7, were very stable operating systems.

chondrite

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:09:31 AM

Plenty of "light" versions of products exist in the world and are just as popular as the original product, some maybe even more famous and popular. 
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 05:23:23 AM

Plenty of "light" versions of products exist in the world and are just as popular as the original product, some maybe even more famous and popular. 

When people use the word "light" in regards to money, it's most always in a derogatory sense.

You might have heard people say "sorry, I can't afford that honey I'm a little light" or "damn, I would go... but my wallet's a bit light". I understand that light can work in some situations like light beer (less calories) or light cigarettes (less tar) but I don't think people want "less money". imo
scooter

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:27:55 AM

Maybe someone should make a new coin called OsmiumCoin. Osmium is super dense and thus would be more desirable than litecoin.
chondrite

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:37:29 AM

When people use the word "light" in regards to money, it's most always in a derogatory sense.

You might have heard people say "sorry, I can't afford that honey I'm a little light" or "damn, I would go... but my wallet's a bit light". I understand that light can work in some situations like light beer (less calories) or light cigarettes (less tar) but I don't think people want "less money". imo

With this arguement the best could would be heavycoin or fatcoin, but you can probably see the issue.  You can say just about any word will have a derogatory or negative sense.  Its just a matter of context.  But every biased opinion will see it their own way, yours included.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:51:30 AM

With this arguement the best could would be heavycoin or fatcoin, but you can probably see the issue.  You can say just about any word will have a derogatory or negative sense.  Its just a matter of context.  But every biased opinion will see it their own way, yours included.

What really matters is how consumers perceive it generally.

The main problem with litecoin is that the name relays a message of "less" while the messages we ideally want to relay are ones like stored value, money, rarity, or wealth. To give a coin the best chance at conquering bitcoin, it should have at least one or more of these characteristics.

lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:57:56 AM

The reason Coca Cola release Coke Zero is because they wanted to increase the sales of diet coke for men but REAL burly hulking men like ourselves dont do Diet so they had to find something that appealed to men, Appearntly the letter Z is quite appealing to men (I know i like it due to the old PC game Z ^.^ lol that was fun)

So dont doubt the power of a name and the disavantage of have diet/lite/light in the name - but that being said, we arent eating this coin so it shouldnt really matter in the long run Tongue  (also it could be easily accosiated with  health foods or gym equipment and suddenly the name is more than fitting.)

Also to Hydro about the name "Windows" I actually think its a perfect name considering everything thats done on the OS is done in some form of window ;-)

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:22:11 AM

I think people realize there are more fishes in the lake. Although not as big as Litecoin (yet), these other fishes might actually taste way better.
Plus the good ol' big Litecoinfish hasn't made news for a large amount of time.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 01:33:47 PM

What's wrong with the name Goldcoin?

To me it seems like the ultimate name for a coin.

Thoughts?

~BCX~

I will be the first to admit - if a Crypto had to be a "coin" Goldcoin is a good name - pity about the legacy .

but the name is very marketable , but it all depends on the market - and where it is going.

but yes agreed.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: