Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GRAFT Coin (GRF) CPU/GPU mining step by step explained. Tutorial + Video  (Read 613 times)
scimpmasterflash (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:41:02 PM

How to effently mine GRAFT Coin (GRF) on nearly any System.

This Guide will provide you with the necessary knowledge and tools to set up and have a Mining Rig up and running within a few minutes, using xmr-stak-64 as miner.

I have inserted a video that I have created about this topic. Unfortunately at this point of time it is narrated in german. But the video it pretty self explanatory. Plus I will give you advice in english here, to better understand what I am talking about. I plan to make a version that is narrated in english in the near future.

Please note, that the look of the website of the used mining pool has slightly changed. Still it is very easy to handle and you will find all necessary information there.

Here is the Download link for xmr-stak-64 (newest, fastest version using CUDA 9.1 and AMD SDK 3.0): https://mega.nz/#!qR5DDbrY!VXVsOydCxa6csrGqtMacwfRM0IrZbgOt_BFxoILDAjk

It supports CPU and GPU mining and even can handle NVIDIA and AMD cards installed at the same time.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=IGIW3WReTH4

What is GRAFT and why should I mine it?

Graft is a new coin designed to make payments with cryptocurrencies a lot easier. The goal is to achieve that you can simply scan a QR Code at an restaurant for example, the wallet pays the restaurant with graft, using GRAFT itself. If you have insufficient funds in Graft, but send other currencies to that wallet, it will simply convert them and therefore make it possible for you to pay within the blink of an eye.

Furthermore the Graft Developers provide Apps to find stores and merchants who accept payment with GRAFT coins.

Also with the GRAFT POS (point of sale) APP you can sell anything you like, just by creating a simple store on a tablet for example.

So for all those reaseons (and many more) it is a very good idea to mine some coins.

PLUS: GRAFT uses the Cryptonight algorithm and therefore it doesn't need a highend GPU to get good results. It can be mined very efficent by using your CPU. So if you have any older Dual Xeon system idling around, let them work for you Wink

If you want to find out more about it: graft.network

How to mine GRAFT

Preparation: Install the latest drivers for your graphics card. Install MSI Afterburner for later checking of Temperatures and Overclocking.

1. Download the Graft Wallet at either the Play Store or Google App Store.

2. Create a Wallet, select a password and copy your receiving adress.

3. Save your receving adress and transfer it to your PC (I use Onedrive for that purpose)

4. Download the miner: XMR-Stak-x64: https://mega.nz/#!qR5DDbrY!VXVsOydCxa6csrGqtMacwfRM0IrZbgOt_BFxoILDAjk

5. Create a directory on your Computer like C:\Mining

6. Open your anti-virus software (e.g. Windows Defender)

7. Exclude the created directory from scanning. Most antivirus programs don't like miners and delete them or just show warning messages every few seconds. You surely don't want that.

8. Extract the download from Step 4 to the directory from Step 5.

9. Go to easyhash.io an select GRAFT as currency. Select the mining pool that suits your Computer. Copy that address

10. Execute xmr-stak.exe; Enter the information that is asked for.

11. Very important: Set password to x. DON'T provide your wallet password! The pool will let you login with this generic password.

12. When asked if you wan't to use TLS, nicehash, mulitple pools and so on, simply enter n.

You're ready to mine GRAFT coins!

That's it. Yor miner will begin to work after you have entered the necessary information. It will auto-detect your hardware and adjust to it.

If the Firewall asks you whether to allow access to the network, select Yes.

Your miner will now connect, receive work and start to calculate your shares.

After at least 10s you can check your hashrate by pressing h inside the command line interface.

You can track your progress by entering your wallet adress at the Easyhash Website. Just Go for GRAFT, stats, enter the wallet address and be patient. You will get rewarded every time a block is found by the Mining pool. This may take some time.

Please note: The variating hashrates showing at Easyhash are normal. The miner (xmr-stak) will show a constant hashrate, because it takes the average of 10s, 60s and 15 minutes. Easyhash shows the hashrate according to the last send share. And of course those vary a lot, depending on difficulty, needed time and so on.

I hoped this helped!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:45:24 PM

Is Graft available on any exchanges?
scimpmasterflash (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:05:42 PM

Is Graft available on any exchanges?

GRAFT is currently in ICO Stage 2. This will end at the 18th of February, 2018. After that I assume it will slowly find it ways to exchanges. At the moment I can't tell you any adress where to trade. By the way, I am not affiliated with them.

I just want to find some miners to push the project on the one hand, and give people the oppurtunity to make some bucks out of it, since the chain is not very high atm.

Best regards
Andre100

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:14:17 PM

GRAFT is currently in ICO Stage 2. This will end at the 18th of February, 2018. After that I assume it will slowly find it ways to exchanges. At the moment I can't tell you any adress where to trade. By the way, I am not affiliated with them.

I just want to find some miners to push the project on the one hand, and give people the oppurtunity to make some bucks out of it, since the chain is not very high atm.

Best regards

interesting coin... only in github not any Dev activity few month... coin build for ICO, pump price up, no any exchange  and what next  Grin Roll Eyes Grin?
scimpmasterflash (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:28:22 PM

There are some exchanges that will be announced after ICO 2 Stage 2. Meanwhile this might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/GraftMarket/
coinspacewallet

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:00:42 PM

Here is a Complete Guide to Mining Graft https://medium.com/@aktiveradio/how-to-mine-graft-complete-beginners-guide-a0d3dc1af4be
khairulryan

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:04:24 AM

You can exchange graft at tradeogre.com
minekheim

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:23:06 PM

Lebt dieser thread hier noch? Würde mich interessieren was ihr an Erfahrung mit verschiedenen Pools habt. Ich habe für XMR ein RIG mit 11 R9 270x laufen. Früher war die Hashrate mit Claymore  bei ca 400 h/s pro Karte. Nun habe ich den xmr-stark. Dieser Miner schafft aber nur noch 300 h/s pro Karte mit gleicher Einstellung. Andere Einstellungen bringen auch keine Änderung. Vielleicht kennt jemand den Grund dafür oder hat eine Lösung
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:51:05 PM

Lebt dieser thread hier noch? Würde mich interessieren was ihr an Erfahrung mit verschiedenen Pools habt. Ich habe für XMR ein RIG mit 11 R9 270x laufen. Früher war die Hashrate mit Claymore  bei ca 400 h/s pro Karte. Nun habe ich den xmr-stark. Dieser Miner schafft aber nur noch 300 h/s pro Karte mit gleicher Einstellung. Andere Einstellungen bringen auch keine Änderung. Vielleicht kennt jemand den Grund dafür oder hat eine Lösung

Dann hast den miner einfach schlecht eingestellt. 270x 2GB erreichen bei mir durchschnittlich 480 - 530 hashes zur Zeit bei XMR V8. Mit besseren Timings wirds demnächst noch ein wenig mehr.
270x mit 4GB hab ich gerade bei 480 hashes laufen.

Nimm JCE Miner, da kommt deutlich mehr im Pool an.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: