Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TOP 5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD ICO  (Read 472 times)
bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:31:33 PM

I know lots of people has stated, team, idea but that is NOT important thing to have, in fact it is EXECUTION.  If they can't execute well, the team/idea doesn't matter. Most of decent ICO companies can't execute well and they will fail. Just look at Tenx, they had strong solid team and great idea but they failed to execute from the start. If you can not make any progress in cryto world within few months, you will be forgotten. In outside perspective, they haven't done any significant improvement on the technologies side nearly half of year and community support is shrinking.

Don't invest in DAPPS companies but rather in protocol/blockchain companies such as ETH, EOS, NEO,etc... The reason being is that the risk is much greater with DAPPS companies
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:36:43 PM

- Low hard cap
- Hype
- Idea
- MVP
- Team

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:41:39 PM

My version:

A pproach
L eading team
T echnology

C ommunity
O pportunity
I nnovation
N ame

It's VERY nice! I haven't merit points, but you should get some, I think.

I saw ICO's with 2 team members and 12 advisors, and antoher with 16 team members without advisors.
Nobody think is it important!

Thank you, the appreciation is merit enough.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:44:20 PM

- Low hard cap
- Hype
- Idea
- MVP
- Team

Low hard cap is the most important thing which most of us miss out and I don't think hype has to do anything as it may worked out in both ways.

Am I spamming? Report me!
shana95

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:23:04 PM

There are so many ICOs that are flooding the market. Many look good on the outside, however I read so many conflicting comments for both pro and con.

So, I wanted to know what top 5 things to look for in a good ICO, so that ultimately I can decide the best ones to invest in.

Please share your thoughts and advice.

As my knowledge,
     1. Project Idea and Whitepaper
     2. Official webpage and working products
     3. Project Roadmap
     4. Dev team and Advisors
     5. Reviews, Ratings and other valuable information on ICO

You have to do your own research on above facts and if you know any expert this field takes help from him/her.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:18:32 AM

1. the team (must be experienced)
2. idea
3. WP (should be both meaningful and understandable)
4. token usefulness
5. softcap, hardcap (it should be possible to receive funds enough to create a product without any problems)

that's why i chose Vehicle Lifecylce Blockchain project for investing. they are fully satisfy all the requirements above.
you can take a look and see for yourself - vlb.io
Can you please help me out with some more specific information regarding VLB? I am really looking forward to the project and think its brilliant. I have gone through their white paper the old one. What's new they have brought in the project?

first of all, they decreased softcap and hardcap ($4m and $12m for now). they thought much deeper of the technological architecture of the project so  it'll be more complex design combining two types of blockhouse - a public one based on Ethereum and a closed one, which will be linked through payment channels. VLB also reviewed the value of using their detachment for participants in terms of economic theories of motivation.
everything i told you is just thesises, you can find the updated wp here and learn more.

You should add 2 category there, partnership and recent product. Vlb has them both, great partnerships with a lot of great companies and two recent product (CarFix and CarPrice) that can be used on their project.

yeah_that_guy already gave you the link, you should read that new whitepaper, they brought a lot of details now and what i love the most is their plan with the money achieved. VLB is a great project and it needs to be happen.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:28:08 AM

According to my guidelines are the following: 1) Team... Who is working on the team... What do their online social profiles tell about how long they have been at this... 2) The coin itself's usage... This might seem obvious but a coin needs two major components the community and the product/vendors 3) The whitepaper, i would not invest in underdeveloped whitepaper 4) News and articles 5) The platform it is built on 6) Proof of work vs Proof of stake (hit me up so i can explain if you are interested) Also if you would like some of the locations I look let me know.
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:30:25 AM

There are so many ICOs that are flooding the market. Many look good on the outside, however I read so many conflicting comments for both pro and con.

So, I wanted to know what top 5 things to look for in a good ICO, so that ultimately I can decide the best ones to invest in.

Please share your thoughts and advice.

Roadmap and team and everything. This is the most important thing in any Ico and makes it clear what kind of project it is and what its future awaits.
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:53:05 AM

1. Idea
2. Team
3. Whitepaper
4.Roadmap
5.Communication channels
What does it mean "roadmap"?
kristal199

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

1. Idea
2. Team (Whether they are profesional and responsible)
3. Platform (to see is it easy to operate and how is the proficiency)
4. Community (the feedback)
5. Whitepaper
cryptopuma

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:58:47 PM

5 things you will need to check,the product of the ico because if theres none the ICO wouldnt achieve success most of the scam project doesnt have any good working product,second the team behind the ICO they should be in public profiles so you will know they are the real people,third the roadmap and the whitepaper should be good too,fourth the token allocation,its application to the real life,lastly the community support because if there are no support from the community the project will surely fail.

Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:15:15 PM

HI!In my opinion how i do investigation is first look on roadmap,whitepaper,idea,advisors scan peoples involved in project-its mean track they Names in google becose anothers guys show they name in whitepaper one but when u google it or facebook the name is different what he writes in whitepaper,other thing is track they office in google maps and see what is there :DIf my information is best for u thx for merit very need Cheesy

Kryptogenie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:19:32 PM

1. A good project with a unique concept.
2. Security of investment.
3. A reliable team.
4. Whitepaper
5. Smart Contract

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
alicia24

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:32:41 PM

A pproach
L eading team
T echnology
C ommunity
O pportunity
I nnovation
N ame

It's seven but I like it.
#CapsLOck

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:55:14 AM

Make a deep research of the team. If they have worked before in one company or created projects together - it's a big +1. Their chances to ship double.

Research is very important before you think that ICO is look good, Because by that you can then check there platform and that's one of your basis knowing that the team is actually good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: