Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:14:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero vs. Zcash  (Read 54 times)
KryptoKitty123 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:09:39 PM

Technically speaking, what do you believe is superior from a privacy perspective, Monero or ZCash? Doing some research and interested in opinions.

For those of you who are unsure of the coins, I have provided a brief overview of what they are below.

Monero started in April 2014 and it uses privacy technologies understood as Ring Signatures, Stealth Addresses and RingCT on the blockchain technology to obscure the identity of senders and verifiers.

Zcash started as a fork of the Bitcoin blockchain in October 2016 is and it gets its name from the fact that zero knowledge is revealed to the verifier in the process.
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:11:48 PM

About Monero - I do not know, maybe this is already an old coin. About the Zcash analysts say that the coin is undervalued. There and transactions and cheapness and anonymity.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 2210

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:43:31 AM

I don't think it's as simple as XMR vs ZEC. For example I think ZenCash's development looks set to surpass Zcash at somepoint in the future, in the same way with DeepOnion implementing stealth addresses very soon it could become a strong competitor to Monero as it is tor-integrated as well (not just capable of running over tor like XMR). These might remain as dominant privacy coins at the moment, but the development of anonymous transactions moves very fast. I still remember when ZenCash was around $5 and DeepOnion was $1. Look at them both now and they've done much better than Monero and Zcash if you ask me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: