Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC or Eth as payment solution  (Read 262 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:10:52 PM

As a payment solution for businesses, vendors and services which one of these coins is more suitable? Litecoin or Ethereum ?
Because bitcoin is not good especially because of high fees and slow transactions in smaller payments.

Which one is better and why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:30:57 PM

As a payment solution for businesses, vendors and services which one of these coins is more suitable? Litecoin or Ethereum ?
Because bitcoin is not good especially because of high fees and slow transactions in smaller payments.

Litecoin is a cryptocurrency, which means that people use it mainly to conduct transactions and its sole purpose is to serve as a digital currency.

Ethereum also functions as a cryptocurrency, but its primary goal is to provides a network capable of creating smart contracts and crowdfunding for new projects.

So I prefer Litecoin as an option in payment.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:36:23 PM

As for me, i prefer ethereum as a payment solution because it is mostly used by quite a good number of people. The transaction fee is also good.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:37:53 PM

I prefer to use litecoin over ethereum because litecoin was created as a peer to peer cryptocurrency. Though ethereum can work like litecoin by offering even more features but it was created as a fuel in ethereum platform. In the future ethereum developers might change ETH's function to their needs. Yes! Its definately possible.
Anyway if you have chance of using both then use both of them along with Bitcoin cash though some people hate it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

People often think of Ethereum as a complicated technology. It’s true that to make full use of all its smart contract capabilities, you need to wrap your head around a bewildering array of technologies and sub-projects.
But you don’t have to use all that stuff, and where it counts, payments on Ethereum are simple.
ramini

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

ICO Starting on 1st of April

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:42:03 PM

They are both good coins so I think they are capable of an option for another mode of payments for products and services because Cryptocurrencies are actually designed to perform this kind of usefulness today.
But when I do choose one that is better than the other then I would choose LiteCoin over Ethereum bcause LTC is literally has faster transaction speed over Ethereum.
Ethereum is fast but LTC is faster and we understand that in every Cryptocurrency in the market, the most consideration to promote is the transaction speed and reliability.

GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:47:47 PM

Both ones are rather good for payment purposes. Personally I use Etherium as payment tool because I have a lot of ERC-20 tokens

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
greenfomo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:49:24 PM

eth since it is more future-proof Smiley (smart contracts will be big in the future, I assume most coins that do have them will survive long-term).
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:54:33 PM

Litecoin is a cryptocurrency, which means that people use it mainly to conduct transactions and its sole purpose is to serve as a digital currency.

Ethereum also functions as a cryptocurrency, but its primary goal is to provides a network capable of creating smart contracts and crowdfunding for new projects.

So I prefer Litecoin as an option in payment.

thats on the money!
Litecoin was created as a "currency" where as Ethereum was created as a token for smart contract generating.

https://litecoin.com/#spend
"One of the main advantages offered by the Litecoin network is faster transaction confirmation, making it ideal for small-size purchases."

At the moment and for the past few months,
Litecoin has cheaper fees,
see the chart on the link.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactionfees-eth-ltc.html

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:56:12 PM

Litecoin for now but a few upgrades and improvements from eth can outrun the litecoin not just on payment solutions and microtransactions for business but on its unique features for smart contracts and wide variety support for ERC20 tokens that is being used by the ICO's these days, well for bitcoin transaction fees and speed, Segwit and LN would be the solution for that concern.

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:57:58 PM

I prefer Ethereum for payments. Stable enough and fast/cheap transactions. Litecoin is also great tho, would accept both.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:09:19 PM

Litecoin was better with its lightning network in the future, but this just temporary until ethereum comes with raiden, plasma and sharding blockchain which gives a lot of possibility to be better than lightning network itself. i don't expect a lot from lightning because there was so much hype for segwit but all gone wrong. And then it can't be considered as good solution.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

Litecoin is more suitable for transactions and mining because it is easier and takes less taxes for transfers.
Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:52:04 PM

I think Ethereum is better than litecoin as a means of payment. Now Ethereum transactions run faster than litecoin and even transactions with 1 GAS come in 1 minute.
lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:17:07 PM

I'm for the ethereum. You see from what year it exists and its dynamics of development. This could not even be repeated by bitcoin. Even now we see who is in the lead. As a payment solution ethereum.
Wallytred

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

LTC is fast enough + small fees according to it's price. I choose LTC in that case.
Fawad Escobar

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:35:37 PM

I prefer Litecoin as a currency not ETH
DariaBriklaiz

Activity: 254

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:41:23 PM

Eth can be overloaded due to cryptokittens or something else. Ltc has cheaper fees than Eth and faster transactions. The choice is obviouse.
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:48:28 PM

I prefer litecoin because LTC has much faster tx confirmations compare to bitcoin and ethereum plus it has more stable price than the two giants that i have mentioned,i have heard that there will be an upgraded to the litecoin's network,LITEPAY which could give these vendors the ability to use litecoin as their main cryptocurrency for the payments.

easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:49:45 PM

Ethereum is the coin that you'd want to use if the receiver is wanting join ICO's and other projects. Litecoin is not exchanged much for the ICO's.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print