Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:06:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized exchange vs centralized?  (Read 97 times)
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:12:00 PM

Hey guys

Recently i am onto Kyber Network which is a decentralized exchange (It is more like a swapping tool)
UI were good

However, how far can you guys think Decentralized exchange go because Centralized exchange are usually
- Easier To Use
- Able to integrate Fiat
- Higher Transaction Fee? (Because it counts as one contract execution instead of like how centralized exchange work where 0.1% fees)

Share your opinion
cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:17:10 PM

Hey guys

Recently i am onto Kyber Network which is a decentralized exchange (It is more like a swapping tool)
UI were good

However, how far can you guys think Decentralized exchange go because Centralized exchange are usually
- Easier To Use
- Able to integrate Fiat
- Higher Transaction Fee? (Because it counts as one contract execution instead of like how centralized exchange work where 0.1% fees)

Share your opinion
Sometimes it is better to have some people running these exchanges because they know how to adjust when the system has some problems,we need real people for our wallet's security,but a DEX would be good if the people who created it really know what people needs to have i am looking for another website that can handle erc20 trades just like.Etherdelta which todayis very untrusthy after the hack incident happened.

Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:28:04 PM

IMHO if now decentralized exchanges can provide trading of rare coins and tokens faster than others it will be quite popular. This is the only reason I can go there to trade on such exchanges now. Maybe later when they become faster I will be trading there, but now it is very inconvenient.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:31:48 PM

i would use dex if i wanted to exchange huge amount of coins if your gonna deposit huge amount of crypto on a centralized website without verification your account will get freeze it will get unfroze if you submit verification. if you dont want your coins stuck on exchange use dex for huge sums.
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:38:21 PM

In my opinion, the most important problem of decentralized exchanges is the lack of liquidity. There are impossible to trade during the day due to lack of liquidity therefore, decentralized exchanges are so unpopular.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

It is better because there is no KYC and you can withdraw all your money without limit. But the volume is way lower than centralized exchanges so it is hard to make trades.

Etherdelta have decent volume but it is just too risky to trade there anymore. If there is a DEX that have a decent volume, that would be my first choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: