Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Do you have a life?  (Read 2507 times)
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:07:22 PM

I have a screen dedicated only to BTC and LTC price. Yes, I did lose some sleep and concentration at school during high volatility period, even missed some class during the huge April swing.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

111 Days here.

I must say the most active online I've ever been. Never joined a forum until Bitcoin.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:38:02 PM

I may not have a life, but at least I'm not alone  Grin

cbhelp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

I get in trouble, because I browse this forum constantly at home when me and the wife are watching tv.  She gets pissed, I tell her "We are watching cartoons....and I am sitting next to you.  What the hell?  I am reading educational content, while the kid and you stare at Sponge-bobs nappy butt..  So stop complaining!"

Am I wrong?
ardana123

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:48:05 PM

Bitcoin is not only profitable (which is why i am so into it, for the most part :p), but it's also an am-az-ing technology. Ever since i discovered it, i'm fascinated by it, and by virtual currencies in general as well, and the implications it (will) have on the global financial scale. I have not taken a break from watching it like a hawk since I discovered it. Every day i spend a couple of hours reading the bitcoin news, forums, reddit...

I'm in it for the long haul.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

Not day trading anymore was a great move -- I felt like bitcoin was consuming my life back then. Now I just trade once or twice a month, if that.

15 days, 15 hours.  Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:31:20 PM

I get in trouble, because I browse this forum constantly at home when me and the wife are watching tv.  She gets pissed, I tell her "We are watching cartoons....and I am sitting next to you.  What the hell?  I am reading educational content, while the kid and you stare at Sponge-bobs nappy butt..  So stop complaining!"

Am I wrong?

wife:  "but you're not present".
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:37:28 PM

Am I wrong?

Haha, I know all about that one, because I am the one doing the nagging and getting pissed.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:47:36 PM

Wife and women in general can't be wrong so you obviously are.
cbhelp

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:00:49 PM

Am I wrong?

Haha, I know all about that one, because I am the one doing the nagging and getting pissed.

Damn, I was hoping I would find I was in the right...guess not lol
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:06:19 PM

option: no life, but i'm not on PC 24/7
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:21:55 AM

Am I wrong?

Pay attention to your kids.  They might not appreciate it, but if you don't they will hate you for it.  It has taken me years to try and build a relationship with my father as an adult, and I'm still not able to give him the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:08:44 AM

My experience with this is that not having a life and constantly watching the BTC price and / or the speculation forum is a very strong indication that one has either way to little or way much of ones net worth invested in BTC for one's comfort level.

One should honestly ask the following question: What is more stressful?
1) Being predominately in BTC and the price drops by 75%?
2) Being predominately in fiat and the price rises by 300%?

Another trick is to measure one's blood pressure when one is both short and long. By averaging several measurements one can actually get a very good indication of one's comfort level (lower blood pressure). One thing to keep in mind here especially for early adopters that have accumulated substantial fiat profits is that the comfort level and consequently lowest risk position may actually be very heavily weighted towards BTC.

By the way the closer one is to having a life and keeping that blood pressure low, the more successful one will be as a trader regardless of whether one's comfort level is predominately in BTC or in fiat.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:48:13 AM

My life is work, work and work.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4473

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:14:21 PM

My life is work, work and work.

Bah. Work: curse of the drinking class.

Yes, I have a life, but that doesn't mean I can't keep one eye firmly on Bitcoin while I run my various businesses or pursue my various hobbies. Most of my business is done at home so my 55" monitor is always within view.

I carry an Android tablet (I hate cellphones) so I can check the coins between innings at the ballpark, during breaks on gigs, or while getting sloshed on the patio of the local bar.

Even when I'm deep in the bush at my country place (as I am now), 4G internet service keeps me in touch. Luckily most interurban transit has wifi and AC receptacles so I won't miss out when I head back today to catch the Yankees game tonight. There's no bar car on the bus, but at least I can go online.

The biggest impediment is chicks, who of course desire total undivided attention, but there are ways around that. If they catch you checking, let them think you're checking your "investments" and their eyes will light up with dollar signs.

Life is good for us old age pensioners. Hopefully I'll live long enough to see my bitcoins worth millions. Otherwise my nieces and nephews should be rich.
RationalSpeculator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:46:41 PM

Am I wrong?

Pay attention to your kids.  They might not appreciate it, but if you don't they will hate you for it.  It has taken me years to try and build a relationship with my father as an adult, and I'm still not able to give him the benefit of the doubt.

First of all I'm sorry your wife is bitching on you Sad That sucks Sad

I would try to give her more attention, try to create quality time. But also expect from her that she cooperates and also makes time for you. I would also seek professional guidance as solving this alone is extremely hard.

I agree that giving attention to your kid is most important. Neglecting your wife is 1 thing, you both chose eachother, but neglecting your kid is another. The kid did not choose you, you choose the kid, so you are responsible to give it a good life, and love, attention and care is like food, without it you die internally and you are incapable to give love yourself later on. If you feel a lot of resistence to give true love to your kid I advise to do therapy yourself, like internal family systems therapy can be very helpful.

Also bitcoin is only possible in a world where people want less violence and more freedom. This only comes from children who are raised with more love. Children that are raised with violence, abuse, neglect, mostly do exactly the same later on and become politicians/bureacracy/solders/... people that support the use of violence and take away freedom from others, people that fight bitcoin instead of embracing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbiq2-ukfhM
RationalSpeculator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:00:50 PM

I may not have a life, but at least I'm not alone  Grin

lol Smiley

Yeah, from the poll it seems you are not alone, 50% here is basically always online, another 25% also but would like to change that and only 25% here has a varied balanced life.

I am in the group that is always online but would like to change it.

tdenisenko

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:03:06 PM

omg this just made me check. Total time logged in: 258 days, 2 hours and 29 minutes

But I do have a life too Tongue

Holy shit, have you made any tangible profit worth that much time yet?
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:33:08 PM

Am I wrong?

tell her she can either continue complaining but then will not be included when you get filthy rich because of your bitcoin engagenment, or stop complaining and getting half of the treasure.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:53:37 PM

Am I wrong?

tell her she can either continue complaining but then will not be included when you get filthy rich because of your bitcoin engagenment, or stop complaining and getting half of the treasure.
That's kind of cold. If my wife is annoyed with my internet addictions, I shut the computer...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: