Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:13:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherwallet O MetaMask  (Read 147 times)
Jackypot (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

MyEtherwallet O MetaMask
Which is the safest and most effective?
I know both are good and safe, but I want to know which is the best
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:24:12 PM

Why does this thread keep popping up everywhere today?

Anyways, you can use MetaMask in combination with MEW. Just make sure to safely backup your private keys or seeds.

Using MEW without a hardware wallet or MetaMask is not recommended.
Jackypot (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:28:24 PM

Anyways, you can use MetaMask in combination with MEW. Just make sure to safely backup your private keys or seeds.

umm then is metamask more effective?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:30:54 PM

MEW has more functionality from what I can tell, but MetaMask is the safer way to access a wallet. So use both together.
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:32:42 PM

I'd like to tell you that both of them are the best Ethereum wallet but they have different uses in my opinion. MyEtherWallet for security purposes and MetaMask for portability purposes.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:35:37 PM

I'd like to tell you that both of them are the best Ethereum wallet but they have different uses in my opinion. MyEtherWallet for security purposes and MetaMask for portability purposes.
How is MetaMask "portable"? It's a Chrome plugin.
sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:36:27 PM

MyEtherwallet O MetaMask
You need to use both of them to be effective,MEW is the most trusted wallet for ethereum and for the ERC20 based tokens which you can get from ICOs,bounties,etc. while Metamask is an extension that will prevent your private keys from these phishing sites because your keys would be encrypted to metamask if you did transact with some exchanges like etherdelta.

Jackypot (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:39:22 PM

MEW has more functionality from what I can tell, but MetaMask is the safer way to access a wallet. So use both together.
ok, I'm going to read a bit so everything is clear thank you!
ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:40:49 PM

MyEtherwallet O MetaMask
If you want to be secured you should try metamask because its can detects malicious sites and specially when your doing an transaction you need to open your metamask to verify the transaction which its very useful to us
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:39:49 PM

I'm a bit confused about how these work in tandem. I've added the MetaMask extension to my Firefox browser. However every time I click on it, I am asked to import my existing DEN, and then put in a new password. This seems odd, since I'm a)typing in my seed over and over again, and b)changing the password each time I log in. How does this help keep things secure?

Is this normal or is this something to do with the settings on my browser?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:06:07 PM

I'm a bit confused about how these work in tandem. I've added the MetaMask extension to my Firefox browser. However every time I click on it, I am asked to import my existing DEN, and then put in a new password. This seems odd, since I'm a)typing in my seed over and over again, and b)changing the password each time I log in. How does this help keep things secure?

Did MetaMask exist for Firefox? I only have it for Chrome. In either case, I only enter my password when I use MetaMask. Entering the password gives me access to all wallets that I've added to a given account/seed.
neatworld

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:09:03 PM

Did MetaMask exist for Firefox? I only have it for Chrome. In either case, I only enter my password when I use MetaMask. Entering the password gives me access to all wallets that I've added to a given account/seed.

Yes, it has add-ons for Firefox, Chrome and Brave. You can find them right on the homepage: https://metamask.io/

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:14:04 PM

I dont know about metamask so much but i use myetherwallet. If you wanna be safe you can use it offline or connect with trezor Wink

turn the page
Igorpap2

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

BAANX - https://baanx.com

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:16:30 PM

MyEtherwallet O MetaMask
I agree with you! Both are good!
It should be noted that the only drawback of the MEW is the lack of two-factor authorization.
BUT , I like that in the MEW you can use the opportunity to organize cold storage of coins.
MetaMask also has a big plus - it's a good choice of architecture, in the form of a plug-in.
So, that choice is yours!
jbautistangina

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:23:02 PM

I am using mew wallet alone,but when my wallet was hacked by some phishing sites i installed the metamask extension so these phishing sites wont have a chance to stea my private keys again,what i have learned is metamsk is keeping your private keys from coming out when you transact in any exchanges,so using these two would be perfect.

hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:23:32 PM

Even MyEtherwallet site says "Entering your private key on a website dangerous. If our website is compromised or you accidentally visit a different website, your funds will be stolen."
So, if you want an additional security, use MetaMask separately or in conjunction with MEW.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

MyEtherwallet O MetaMask

MyEtherWallet makes interacting with your Ethereum wallet easy. MetaMask is a very popular plug-in that is widely used by the community, so it's nice to have the flexibility of integrating it with MEW, also adding an extra layer of security against phishing.

Koios AI

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 12:27:58 PM

+1 to that response.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: