Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:34:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you start out doing translations for bounty?  (Read 119 times)
MJK_Anfaenger (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:25:38 PM

Hey there, so like almost everyone has at some point, I've stumbled upon a promising project in the announcement board and want in. Bothering my friends on Fb/Twitter in exchange for stakes however is not my thing and doing signatures is pretty inefficient as a beginner. So translations seem the way to go. Which is good because that's something I'm good at. But it's also a pain in the butt because to get accepted for the job you need to have a portfolio of completed translations in the first place. Which you never get because no one picks you for translations.

I mean I get it. If I were to start a company I'd pick the most promising translators available, too. But it is kinda frustrating. So I guess what I'm really asking is, how did you get your foot in the door when you were starting out with translations? Oh and my first language is German in case that's important. Looking forward to reading your replies!
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:53:16 PM

Hey there, so like almost everyone has at some point, I've stumbled upon a promising project in the announcement board and want in. Bothering my friends on Fb/Twitter in exchange for stakes however is not my thing and doing signatures is pretty inefficient as a beginner. So translations seem the way to go. Which is good because that's something I'm good at. But it's also a pain in the butt because to get accepted for the job you need to have a portfolio of completed translations in the first place. Which you never get because no one picks you for translations.

I mean I get it. If I were to start a company I'd pick the most promising translators available, too. But it is kinda frustrating. So I guess what I'm really asking is, how did you get your foot in the door when you were starting out with translations? Oh and my first language is German in case that's important. Looking forward to reading your replies!

This is how the wolrd is, mostly people who are picked up are people who have some experience. The best thing you could od is keep trying or even simply translate something from english to german to have at least something to put as a reference to your previous work. Because your experience matters and honestly I think that there are many people who want to translate to german which is why you have to act fast when you see the opportunity as you are competing with many people to get that translation. You can even try to find work for transaltion somewhere outside of this forum simpy to have a reference to point out later on.

If you are interested into earning stakes you could try some other content creation such as blog posts or even youtube as I am sure there you shouldn't have many people applying. Most of them go for telegram, twitter, fb etc. because all of these are pretty easy to do.

Keep trying and all the best.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:06:40 PM

you need to have a portfolio of completed translations in the first place. Which you never get because no one picks you for translations.

Man, you need creativity here. Just translate some articles, poem's and other work to present ur skills. Noone will pay you for this, but you will have your portfolio to actually get jobs Smiley
MJK_Anfaenger (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 09:11:30 PM

you need to have a portfolio of completed translations in the first place. Which you never get because no one picks you for translations.

Man, you need creativity here. Just translate some articles, poem's and other work to present ur skills. Noone will pay you for this, but you will have your portfolio to actually get jobs Smiley

That's actually a very good idea, I should have thought of that  Tongue thanks you two!
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 08:12:27 AM

you have to show your past work. most of the bounties dont allow users to directly participate in translation campaign. they demand the past work first so try to be creative and make you portfolio

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: