Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing LitecoinLottery.net - A simple lottery with up to 95x payouts  (Read 1458 times)
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:06:30 AM

I am pleased to announce https://www.litecoinlottery.net
This is a simple, automated, user-funded lottery pool. Drawings are held automatically once the last ticket is sold.

We are currently running a 25, 50, and 100 LTC lottery.

Each litecoin deposited is 1 lottery ticket. When the last ticket is sold, we pick 3 winning tickets at random.

First prize: 75%
Second prize: 15%
Third prize: 10%

Payouts are automatically sent after each round and the next lottery begins.

I know you guys will probably have some questions, so feel free to ask.

GOOD LUCK Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:12:52 AM

My first question is "How do I shot web?"

The webpage won't load for me.

Was the first URL incorrect (.com) or am I dreaming?

Either way, I love crypto lotto.. Now that I can shot web, I shall be gauging interest. The only thing I don't like is that the game simply won't end until the price is reached, which could be an issue if volume leaves one wanting. That is what I liked particularly about TAABL - it popped when it popped, regardless of bet entries.

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:14:53 AM

My first question is "How do I shot web?"

The webpage won't load for me.

Was the first URL incorrect (.com) or am I dreaming?

it was a typo, sorry.

The url is https://www.litecoinlottery.net
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:15:50 AM

Also, I am guessing the previous "winners" are test runs?

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:18:34 AM

I'm pleased to see the first lottery is running. Thanks guys and good luck!
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:19:19 AM

There is a 25 LTC lottery running now. Once all deposits have 1 confirmation, the winners are picked and payouts are sent.

And yes, we have tested each lottery with real coins.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:35:07 AM

There is a 25 LTC lottery running now. Once all deposits have 1 confirmation, the winners are picked and payouts are sent.

Alright, so when I refreshed I saw 15 LTC. So I opened my LTC wallet, but by the time it synced the game had ended I suppose, but I sent 10 LTC. I had generated the address to deposit I suppose sometime right before the block hit the blockchain, ending that game (2 seconds after sending, I checked the game page, but it had ended.

What happens when more than 25 LTC are sent to the 25 LTC game?

I do not see that 10 LTC (7 confs) confirmed anywhere. Did it somehow slide into the last game? If so, I immediately find the lack of a "sheet of entry" a bit troublesome. Is it plausible that after the game is done, you can submit data showing the entries from X addresses? As it is, I can't tell where my LTC is.

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:38:17 AM

Alright, so when I refreshed I saw 15 LTC. So I opened my LTC wallet, but by the time it synced the game had ended I suppose, but I sent 10 LTC. I had generated the address to deposit I suppose sometime right before the block hit the blockchain, ending that game (2 seconds after sending, I checked the game page, but it had ended.

I do not see that 10 LTC (7 confs) confirmed anywhere. Did it somehow slide into the last game? If so, I immediately find the lack of a "sheet of entry" a bit troublesome. Is it plausible that after the game is done, you can submit data showing the entries from X addresses? As it is, I can't tell where my LTC is.

Did you send to the 25 LTC lotto? Let me check it out, just a moment.

*edit* OK, I see there is an extra 10LTC. You must have sent it at the same time as someone else. I will return the coins to you, is the wallet in your signature ok?
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:42:44 AM

*edit* OK, I see there is an extra 10LTC. You must have sent it at the same time as someone else. I will return the coins to you, is the wallet in your signature ok?

LUFiqXjn11LNpXvhRi8NN7rjSLBcUH4kEQ

This works.

That presents a very fundamental flaw in the game - coin can too easily be lost. It needs to be buffered to the next game or this will be an absolutely chronic issue if you have any volume.

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:49:05 AM

LUFiqXjn11LNpXvhRi8NN7rjSLBcUH4kEQ

This works.

That presents a very fundamental flaw in the game - coin can too easily be lost. It needs to be buffered to the next game or this will be an absolutely chronic issue if you have any volume.

Ok will send back to that address.

We are working on a solution for this now. If a deposit is made after the current round, the coins will be rolled in to the next round.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:52:48 AM

Received, thanks! Interested in progress and hopefully some bets roll in.

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:02:11 AM

Sorry about that.

We will roll in any late bets before anyone is allowed to deposit for the next round. This will allow the system to catch up before allowing anyone new to deposit.

for now, please refresh the page before you send. working on this now.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:04:23 AM

Sorry about that.

We will roll in any late bets before anyone is allowed to deposit for the next round. This will allow the system to catch up before allowing anyone new to deposit.

Sounds good. I will sprinkle some seed to see if we can roll the ball!

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:51:12 PM

Sorry about that.

Sounds good. I will sprinkle some seed to see if we can roll the ball!

Only a few coins away from the next 25 LTC lottery. Looks like we've got some coins in the 100 and 50 lotteries as well!

If anyone has anymore suggestions, please feel free to leave them here.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:10:12 PM

Won second place, so the system appears to work! Can't wait for the next game to end. I don't really understand why these sorts of games are not more popular..

BTC Long.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:16:37 PM

Won second place, so the system appears to work! Can't wait for the next game to end. I don't really understand why these sorts of games are not more popular..

Congrats!

We are working on some better stats today. Going to show the progress of each lottery on the right side under the buttons. A few other minor things too.
knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:16:31 PM

There seems to be some server side issue (error 502). But, can you clarify your method for picking the ``3 winning tickets at random'' ? I didn't see it written in the page or in your post.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:36:15 PM

There seems to be some server side issue (error 502). But, can you clarify your method for picking the ``3 winning tickets at random'' ? I didn't see it written in the page or in your post.

Sorry about the server error, that should be resolved now.

Each deposit address is added to an array according to however many deposits that address has made. We use the standard random python library to pick the first place winner, then remove that one instance of the address from the array. We then run the array against the python library for the second place winner and the same process for the third place winner.

while we may revise this process over time, we have not found any issues operating in this fashion. Users with multiple deposits have a chance to keep winning.

all of this logic happens once the 25th, 50th, or 100th coin is deposited and after all deposits reach 1 confirmation

*edit*

that's whats happening right now.

Lottery winners are being picked, the next lottery will begin in just a few minutes
knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:06:27 PM

Each deposit address is added to an array according to however many deposits that address has made. We use the standard random python library to pick the first place winner, then remove that one instance of the address from the array. We then run the array against the python library for the second place winner and the same process for the third place winner.

while we may revise this process over time, we have not found any issues operating in this fashion. Users with multiple deposits have a chance to keep winning.

There are two issues: 1) it is not provably fair. 2) if you are using everything standard, then the PRNG is being seeded with the current time. The second issue makes it a lot easier for an attacker to determine what will be the outcome of your lottery.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:11:17 PM

There are two issues: 1) it is not provably fair. 2) if you are using everything standard, then the PRNG is being seeded with the current time. The second issue makes it a lot easier for an attacker to determine what will be the outcome of your lottery.

The lottery is happening once all deposits reach 1 confirmation, which varies depending on network speed. So a timing attack is impossible.

We are currently working on a method to show the lottery is provably fair. How would you suggest doing this with a random drawing?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: