Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:05:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Investing  (Read 84 times)
Kakabawa19471947 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:51:12 PM

hi guys, does any of you have experience investing in ico trough pools,it seems good idea since soo many ico are not going to public sale, how did it go? were they using smart contract to manage this pool and are there any pool you can suggest. cheers
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:01:11 PM

hi guys, does any of you have experience investing in ico trough pools,it seems good idea since soo many ico are not going to public sale, how did it go? were they using smart contract to manage this pool and are there any pool you can suggest. cheers

Could you clarify a bit what do you mean by pool? Do you mean like mining pools becuase if this is the case well I don't think so. Since many ICOs are even operating on some 3rd blokchain such as ethereum, waves, neo etc. and thus they create desired amount and see how many of that amount they are gonna sell to people which is why you are unable to mine them.

Or are you referring to some kind of "pool" in a sense that few investors come together and invest so that their investment is higher, I guess this thing could have a lot of risk such as how much do you trust the people you are dealing with.
Kakabawa19471947 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:16:27 PM

NO i do not mean mining pools, well  what i see group of ppl pool together to take part in pre ico which usually have  higher min contribution limit then public sale, they use smart contract to gather funds and distribute tokens
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:17:38 PM

NO i do not mean mining pools, well  what i see group of ppl pool together to take part in pre ico which usually have  higher min contribution limit then public sale, they use smart contract to gather funds and distribute tokens

Sadly I don't have the experience with those then, idea is nice since mostly closed sales give you discounts as well. Hopefully some other people can share their opinions, toughs as I am interested to see about this as well.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:22:16 PM

Pool investing is a good idea only if you know how to avoid scams. Often times, pool investing sites are scams. However, I came across a smart contract based pool investing site recently. https://www.primablock.com/  I haven't used it before, but I think it might be safe.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: