Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:49:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Warren Buffet is totally wrong?  (Read 146 times)
tokenwiki (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:52:35 PM

Warren Buffet says cryptocurrencies will almost certainly end badly?
Slight change.Some cryptocurrencies will end badly. Others will not. U need to pick the right ones.
 I  think Buffet has underestimated what has been created here. A good crypto programme is like a living thing. U send it into the computing world and it has a life of its own. U can hardly kill it anymore than u can wipe out a bacterium. Cryptocurrencies strike at the very base of what a currency is. It is more basic than say coins, fiat currency etc. It is a bit like the Rai stones used by Yap people in the Pacific, except that the whole thing is in a computer. There is no killing this. The values might change, new currencies will come and go, but cryptos are going to st. As people becomemore adept at comps as the younger generation in ever continent is , their use will only go up. If the market cap is 500 billion now, it will be 10 trillion in  a few years.

Until now, creating money was the power held by a few banks, now it is in the hands of every programmer. That is the change and I don't think bankers like it too much. But both Dimon and Buffet are wrong. The share price of JP Morgan Chase will come down to zero before bitcoin price becomes zero.
Palma_Laura

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:06:10 AM

I think all dapp is usefull and this is reason of value on those token Cheesy
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:22:49 AM

Until now, creating money was the power held by a few banks, now it is in the hands of every programmer.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Where in fact programmer is responsible for starting, creating any given crypto project, there it is not him that adds value to his creation. Actual monetary value is given by us, the users, people. We are the ones who decide whenever this programmer did a good job or not. Basically wallet voting takes place. Newly created crypto is being seen as useful and necessary, people mine it, buy it and that's how value is added. This is even better! The actual power of the people, objective and fair.
Rest is history Smiley and you are right, this Buffet character is probably to old to get it, he's 87 and to dependant of the current system.

Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:43:39 AM

Warren Buffet is right far more often than he is wrong.

He has the three things that winning traders have that losing traders do not have:  1) experience   2) patience  3) confidence

and a bonus - connections

He probably understands Bitcoin far better than he admits since, contrary to those that sleep on dirt floors while pretending to be trading oracles claim, cryptocurrencies are not difficult for traders or people in finance to understand.

I'm all for cryptocurrencies as a means of exchange but I hate it as an investment.  The sooner it collapses in value and wipes out all of the idiot speculators the better.

Go speculate on commodities.  At least those are predictable.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:47:56 AM

Warren Buffet says cryptocurrencies will almost certainly end badly?

I don't think he used the words "almost certainly". he just said they will fail badly.
and I am willing to bet that Warren Buffet has been accumulating bitcoin for the past couple of years at the very least.

Slight change.Some cryptocurrencies will end badly. Others will not.

we have bitcoin and then we have altcoins aka pump and dump projects. you need to choose wisely. Wink

Only Bitcoin
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:51:35 AM

Warren Buffet is right far more often than he is wrong.

He has the three things that winning traders have that losing traders do not have:  1) experience   2) patience  3) confidence

and a bonus - connections

He probably understands Bitcoin far better than he admits since, contrary to those that sleep on dirt floors while pretending to be trading oracles claim, cryptocurrencies are not difficult for traders or people in finance to understand.

I'm all for cryptocurrencies as a means of exchange but I hate it as an investment.  The sooner it collapses in value and wipes out all of the idiot speculators the better.

Go speculate on commodities.  At least those are predictable.
I agree with what you are saying, but two comments nevertheless:

The fact that Buffet (probably) well understands the world of crypto may not exclude the possibility that, whatever he is saying, is being said towards his goal and is not "just idle talking". There may be a second bottom to it.

And he has great experience when it comes to winnowing good and promising stocks from the bad ones. So maybe he can do it in crypto world, too?

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:55:40 AM

throughout history nobody has ever said anything about anything if their personal benefits were not involved.
when some one as big as Warren Buffet is bothering to waste his precious time to say something about bitcoin publicly then you have to read past that and see what the benefit of him talking about bitcoin is. otherwise he is not going to warn people out of the kindness of his heart, if he did he wouldn't have been this rich now.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████