Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:06:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to store all my Ripple??  (Read 137 times)
MAGsecurities (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

I've recently been accumulating a position in XRP, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable storing 100% of those tokens at my exchange.  I've been trying to verify a Gatehub Wallet for over 7 weeks now...still pending verification.
 Undecided
Where else can I store my Ripple?  I'm not too familiar with the various wallet services out there (still pretty new to crypto investing).  Does anyone have any solid recommendations??
Thanks for any feedback!!
Andatello

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:04:55 PM

Yes as a newbie I would also like to know this, particularly as ripple do not suggest any wallets. At this moment I still have them on the exchange but would like something more secure.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:11:52 PM

A simple google search can throw up loads of articles like this:

https://coinsutra.com/best-ripple-xrp-wallets/

Personally I use ledger nano for storing my coins and would highly recommend it. I don't hold any XRP though. Take some time to look at each of the wallets and decide what's best for you. It will depend from person to person.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:20:00 PM

I agree with the above post to store your ripple in a hardware wallet. It is a better choice than keeping it in exchanges and third party wallets such as gate hub.
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:25:08 PM

I've recently been accumulating a position in XRP, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable storing 100% of those tokens at my exchange.  I've been trying to verify a Gatehub Wallet for over 7 weeks now...still pending verification.
 Undecided
Where else can I store my Ripple?  I'm not too familiar with the various wallet services out there (still pretty new to crypto investing).  Does anyone have any solid recommendations??
Yes as a newbie I would also like to know this, particularly as ripple do not suggest any wallets. At this moment I still have them on the exchange but would like something more secure.
I would consider using Rippex wallet. Haven't used it by myself but read that it's open source, available for all platforms and gives you a control over your private keys. In any way can't say for sure whether it's reliable enough but probably it will be more wise to store coins there rather then on exchanges. Nevertheless the best option is hardware wallet like it has been said above.

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:27:25 PM

Put it in a hardwallet,buy a ledger or trezor these two are most commonly used and they are both secured wallets.I dont trust any web or app wallets because they very prone to these hackers,phishing sites is another problem so you need to have metamask or any anti-phishing tool out there,do not store your holdings to these exchanges as they are prone from hackers too,best choice would be a hard wallet.

Glomerulus22

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:31:39 PM

I use Ripple Desktop Wallet - https://rippex.net/carteira-ripple.php#/ and its pretty good.

(https://www.anonfork.io/) ANON - new privacy coin with very cheap masternodes! Join  (https://t.me/anonymousbitcoin)
ahmadoo

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:48:26 PM

It is very simple, of course you don't have to keep all of your tokens or coins in your exchange account. The best way is to use the official wallet of the coin or the token as it will be more safe and secured,so don't worry about it and keep safe and use it not only for one coin but foe all of your different coins or tokens.
Good luck.
MAGsecurities (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:30:27 PM

OP here.  Big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far.  I plan to move my XRP to a hardwallet option soon.

A somewhat related question.  If I "withdraw" all my XRP from my exchange, and then transfer that amount to a wallet, would that be considered a taxable event for a U.S. citizen?  I know the IRS has made some changes to the tax code for 2018.  I understand tax law pretty well when it comes to securities, but crypto investing/trading is whole new ballgame.

If that isn't an event that needs to be recorded, another hypothetical question...

What would stop me from taking a position of say...100,000 XRP stored in my wallet, and then uploading it to a different exchange offering the highest price per token when I decide to sell, as opposed to the original exchange where I bought the XRP in the first place (which might be offering a drastically lower price)??

Is this a common practice in the crypto realm, my guess would be...absolutely??

Again, thanking everyone in advance for your input.
#n00b #learningtheropes
👍
Elgrown

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:40:14 PM

I use Ripple Desktop Wallet - https://rippex.net/carteira-ripple.php#/ and its pretty good.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:31:28 AM

I've recently been accumulating a position in XRP, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable storing 100% of those tokens at my exchange.  I've been trying to verify a Gatehub Wallet for over 7 weeks now...still pending verification.
 Undecided
Where else can I store my Ripple?  I'm not too familiar with the various wallet services out there (still pretty new to crypto investing).  Does anyone have any solid recommendations??
Ledger Nano support Ripple cryptocurrency. It is one of the safest storage for cryptocurrency. You can also store other altcoins that support by Ledger. This wallet is a good device to fully control your wallet.
Treshkilling

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 09:47:21 AM

Keep everything on official wallets, in the best case that would have been offline. There is no better place. There is also an alternative to flash drives for crypto-currencies, which is also very safe, but they need to be bought
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:55:40 AM

you can keep your holdings in exchanges itself. for my self I kept all my holdings including Ripple with exchange. there will be available wallets to secure your coins.I came to knwo recently Gatehub wallet, it is UK based wallet. Please check it once.
dogbackwards

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:58:27 AM

If you're looking for a personal desktop wallet than the best would be Toast Wallet. I've used it for a LONG time now and It's just excellent. Minimalist interface and design, extremely fast, and well worth using as your personal go to wallet for XRP aside from trading.

In their words:
"We've set out to build a truly cross-platform Ripple wallet that's simple enough for your grandma but safe enough for a Swiss banker. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we've enjoyed building it!"

https://toastwallet.com/
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:09:21 AM

I`m not quite a fan of Ripple so I currently don`t own any, but as a Ledger Nano S owner I`ve noticed that it can also store XRP. And I highly recommend it! Whether you choose it or not (I suppose there are also other hardware wallets who support XRP), you should seriously think twice about storing your coins on any exchange.
fred22

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:16:53 AM

The best wallet is toast wallet, I am using it on my iPhone since several months ago and had no problem. Very handy and easy to send and receive and very safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: