Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Johniewalker is closing comments on his threads to scam people  (Read 1185 times)
BorderBits (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:40:03 AM

Everyone, watch out for scammer Johniewalker.  When faced with solid evidence of his scams, he cries like man-child, whines to the moderators, and shuts down his threads.  To perpetuate his scams, he is not allowing comments on his scam threads.  MODS:  Please don't placate scammers by allowing Johnniewalker to post his scams. 
BorderBits (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:53:10 AM

I request that this thread not be moved to scam accusations because I am simply warning people about a scammer who posts in this particular forum.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:40:45 AM

I found his website: http://blog.asiantown.net/-/16937/Rich_Chinese_Kid_Parties_in_China
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:51:38 AM

BorderBits is unhappy that I exposed him as a troll. How did I expose him? By posting a screenshot of the conversation I had with the moderator of the Marketplace forums where he said verbatim "BorderBits is a troll".

just check out this thread and my (the) final response in it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293844.0
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:53:59 AM

By posting a screenshot of the conversation I had with the moderator of the Marketplace forums where he said verbatim "BorderBits is a troll".

That seems pretty racist to me.

Also, it doesn't seem okay to post screenshots of private conversations.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:22:39 AM

Please provide evidence of his scams.

This does not qualify as a reliable piece of evidence:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285964.msg3061290#msg3061290

I am moving this to Off-topic...

Signature space available for rent.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:31:36 PM

Actually I was going to buy a coin off this chap. Is he a scammer or not?

To peel or not to peel.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 12:42:46 PM

I don't think he's an outright scammer, but...well just read this post about the silver he sold someone here and form your own opinion. The rest of that page is also a good read if you really want to know more.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131841.msg1412716#msg1412716

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 02:16:34 PM

I don't think he's a scammer but he clearly needs to get his act together on some things because people have lost their temper with him before, be wary of people who regularly post up self-moderated threads, sometimes it's understandable if you just want to post useful information up for others and not have trolls spam it but other times it is just being done to get rid of criticism.
BorderBits (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:59:21 PM

Actually I was going to buy a coin off this chap. Is he a scammer or not?

Yes.  Definitely a scammer.  Avoid. 
BorderBits (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:02:08 PM

Please provide evidence of his scams.

This does not qualify as a reliable piece of evidence:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285964.msg3061290#msg3061290

I am moving this to Off-topic...

Whoa.. Is a mod in on the scam, too?  malevolent, the info has been provided again and again from JW scamming with his silver "ingots".  Further, while I was partially joking with my mad MS paint skillz, his bag of shredded money was a scam in that he was blatantly lying about it being worth the amount he was asking.  He was straight up making shit up to try and rip people off.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:54:37 PM

Lol, there's a reason your posts get moved here and mine don't. I am NOT a scammer. If you do any business with me I guarantee you'll be happy w/it. Like I said, I have plenty of references I could provide-people who are a big presence on this site. And BorderBits is the one making up lies. He called a gold coin I posted fake, just to make me look bad. Why has he launched this crusade against me? I don't know. And get my stuff together? I don't know what you could possibly mean.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

Lol, there's a reason your posts get moved here and mine don't. I am NOT a scammer. If you do any business with me I guarantee you'll be happy w/it. Like I said, I have plenty of references I could provide-people who are a big presence on this site. And BorderBits is the one making up lies. He called a gold coin I posted fake, just to make me look bad. Why has he launched this crusade against me? I don't know. And get my stuff together? I don't know what you could possibly mean.

I believe Johnnie is not a scammer. He has many positive ratings and has been giving good explanations in all of his threads which have hit a problem. However, before dealing with Johnnie you do need to ask questions to get the full picture as some of his threads haven't been satisfactory.

I think people really need to make the judgement for themselves there is something going on obviously, but if there's no evidence it would be unfair to label anyone as a scammer.

Until, Soild evidence has been provided and is proven guilty, I'll stay undecided.
BorderBits (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:21:55 PM

Just like AfricanHunter was happy with getting scammed by you?  How many of your references are your sockpuppets, scammer? 
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:59:31 AM

Just like AfricanHunter was happy with getting scammed by you?  How many of your references are your sockpuppets, scammer?  

Even though he does have negatives. He also has a lot of positives. Picking out a few Negatives seems a bit unfair without mentioning the amount of people who were happy with his trades. I don't believe he has a lot of sock puppets. Maybe a few but most of the members he deals with are actually hero members and some have registered before he did and are known throughout the community.

johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:25:48 PM

Just like AfricanHunter was happy with getting scammed by you?  How many of your references are your sockpuppets, scammer?  

Even though he does have negatives. He also has a lot of positives. Picking out a few Negatives seems a bit unfair without mentioning the amount of people who were happy with his trades. I don't believe he has a lot of sock puppets. Maybe a few but most of the members he deals with are actually hero members and some have registered before he did and are known throughout the community.

Thanks for that. Even though I don't consider it a negative, even if someone else does (the silver "AfricanHunter" incident) that happened more than a YEAR ago. Can you even find any blame for me anywhere else? Yes, I posted the shredded currency I had for sale (and it was like I described-BorderBits is full of it if he thinks he can say otherwise...that picture file was to small to make out a word on SHREDS of bills...how could you possibly "assay" -sidenote: hillarious because there is no such thing as "assaying" a picture and he just sounded like a fool saying it-that and get the "results" you got, or any for that matter?). Yes, it was/is available elsewhere for cheaper...if you buy a 5 pound bag like some troll posted a link to. I was selling it by the half ounce for bitcoins, and figuring in shipping costs, so I added a premium (crazy, but people need to make money). The part I don't understand, too, is that if people didn't want to buy it-they didn't have to! I didn't say that the stuff wasn't available for sale elsewhere, I told no lies.

The only reason I "fuel the fire" and respond to trolls, giving them what they want, is because I want to make sure my reputation is not wrongfully tarnished. I'm young with a lot of school loans to pay back...I rely on every source of income I have. I have no "sockpuppets" (whatever that means). I won't disclose their names because I haven't asked if its ok to do so, but I deal with "Hero" members and other prominent members regularly. One I will mention is DobZombie (because he told me it was ok to disclose). I have done plenty of business with him. And, he has his US mail sent to me and I forward it to him in Australia. I'd say a fair amount of trust is involved there, considering I've sent him his silver Casascius coins he ordered, more silver, and more stuff for his museum.

Users like "BorderBits" are the worst kind. They put on a spectacle and try to crucify you to the point that you don't make another sale on this site again (not like he even could have had that power with me-a year of doing regular business with someone speaks louder than some annoying troll). I have no idea what his motive is. Literally all I can think of his that he "gets  his jollies" being a troll on here.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

Thanks for that. Even though I don't consider it a negative, even if someone else does (the silver "AfricanHunter" incident) that happened more than a YEAR ago. Can you even find any blame for me anywhere else? Yes, I posted the shredded currency I had for sale (and it was like I described-BorderBits is full of it if he thinks he can say otherwise...that picture file was to small to make out a word on SHREDS of bills...how could you possibly "assay" -sidenote: hillarious because there is no such thing as "assaying" a picture and he just sounded like a fool saying it-that and get the "results" you got, or any for that matter?). Yes, it was/is available elsewhere for cheaper...if you buy a 5 pound bag like some troll posted a link to. I was selling it by the half ounce for bitcoins, and figuring in shipping costs, so I added a premium (crazy, but people need to make money). The part I don't understand, too, is that if people didn't want to buy it-they didn't have to! I didn't say that the stuff wasn't available for sale elsewhere, I told no lies.

The only reason I "fuel the fire" and respond to trolls, giving them what they want, is because I want to make sure my reputation is not wrongfully tarnished. I'm young with a lot of school loans to pay back...I rely on every source of income I have. I have no "sockpuppets" (whatever that means). I won't disclose their names because I haven't asked if its ok to do so, but I deal with "Hero" members and other prominent members regularly. One I will mention is DobZombie (because he told me it was ok to disclose). I have done plenty of business with him. And, he has his US mail sent to me and I forward it to him in Australia. I'd say a fair amount of trust is involved there, considering I've sent him his silver Casascius coins he ordered, more silver, and more stuff for his museum.

Users like "BorderBits" are the worst kind. They put on a spectacle and try to crucify you to the point that you don't make another sale on this site again (not like he even could have had that power with me-a year of doing regular business with someone speaks louder than some annoying troll). I have no idea what his motive is. Literally all I can think of his that he "gets  his jollies" being a troll on here.

Very nice post. I don't think you are a scammer. That's why I wanted to add my two cents. I'm not sure why BitBorder targeted you. But, I think you are being as transparent as you can. Up to this point you have answered every question which you have been asked in a polite and professional manner. It seems BitBorder does have something against you. I'm not sure what has gone on between both of you, have you dealt with each other?

Sockpuppets by the way mean duplicate accounts. So having a account. BitBorder was suggesting you were using your sockpuppets to vouch for you and boost your trust rating. I have seen you trading here at the forums whilst I have been lurking around and I have not seen one complaint personally.

Thanks for that detailed post, I hope the both of you can sort this mess out.
BorderBits (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:53:18 PM

Users like "BorderBits" are the worst kind. They put on a spectacle and try to crucify you to the point that you don't make another sale on this site again (not like he even could have had that power with me-a year of doing regular business with someone speaks louder than some annoying troll). I have no idea what his motive is. Literally all I can think of his that he "gets  his jollies" being a troll on here.

You were incompetent to the point of scamming, in a truly Dunning-Kruger fashion, when dealing with AfricanHunter.  Such stupidity should warrant a scammer tag, but unfortunately it's about par for the course in this community.  Luckily no one is dumb enough to take you up on your shredded money scam, but you blatantly lied about your shredded money -- you lied about its worth, about its origins, and about its condition.  That's some real shady shit.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:15:53 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 02:27:06 AM by johnniewalker

Users like "BorderBits" are the worst kind. They put on a spectacle and try to crucify you to the point that you don't make another sale on this site again (not like he even could have had that power with me-a year of doing regular business with someone speaks louder than some annoying troll). I have no idea what his motive is. Literally all I can think of his that he "gets  his jollies" being a troll on here.

You were incompetent to the point of scamming, in a truly Dunning-Kruger fashion, when dealing with AfricanHunter.  Such stupidity should warrant a scammer tag, but unfortunately it's about par for the course in this community.  Luckily no one is dumb enough to take you up on your shredded money scam, but you blatantly lied about your shredded money -- you lied about its worth, about its origins, and about its condition.  That's some real shady shit.
The truth is that you don't know anything about that-that's why your post was moved here, idiot (if you're going to throw around that word, I don't feel bad doing it). First of all, you still have me puzzled as to why my post selling shredded money was a scam-and "no one is dumb enough"; I bought more of the stuff, stuffed glass bricks with it and used them to make lower/higher tiers to display my coins. Apparently no one else on here thought of anything they could use it for. But would the US Treasury Dept sell it if people didn't buy it? And now you want to talk about REAL idiocy? You said my gold coin was fake and its absolutely not. Removing myself from the situation, as soon as I realized that I wouldn't have given really anything you've said any stock. Don't you realize who you are/what you're doing? You were called a troll by a mod, your threads are moved to "Off-Topic" because they have no basis; who's the real idiot here? You keep talking, thats cool. I might meander over here to the Off-Topic section every once in a while and see what nonsense you're spewing-thats if you're still around. Mods have banned known trolls-which you are.
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:20:52 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 02:35:59 AM by johnniewalker

Very nice post. I don't think you are a scammer. That's why I wanted to add my two cents. I'm not sure why BitBorder targeted you. But, I think you are being as transparent as you can. Up to this point you have answered every question which you have been asked in a polite and professional manner. It seems BitBorder does have something against you. I'm not sure what has gone on between both of you, have you dealt with each other?

Sockpuppets by the way mean duplicate accounts. So having a account. BitBorder was suggesting you were using your sockpuppets to vouch for you and boost your trust rating. I have seen you trading here at the forums whilst I have been lurking around and I have not seen one complaint personally.

Thanks for that detailed post, I hope the both of you can sort this mess out.

Thanks. I am just as puzzled as you are as to why "BorderBits" has launched his crusade against me. And if thats what he meant by sockpuppets thats an lol literally. I have one account-anybody with multiple accounts obviously can't be up to anything good. I'm not going to make any unfounded accusations-even against BorderBits, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out he is on a hacked/purchased account (notice I stated that as my opinion, not fact). I've looked through some more of his posts and all he seems to do is troll. I would think that somebody with as high a post count as he has didn't get there by just trolling.

And about transparency-anyone can ask me any question they want, just PM me.

*EDIT: I looked back to his first threads and BorderBits might not be on a hacked/purchased account. Nearly every post he has made is negative. He even is against bitcoins as currency. That begs the question...what is he doing here? You have that much free time? Get a job, volunteer, go on a hike or something.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: