Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Millenials Dumber and Immature Compared to previous generations?  (Read 171 times)
Intellectual Romanticist (OP)

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:18:10 PM
Merited by Vod (2), jjeeppeerrxx (2), Coramdeo (1), joelsamuya (1)

When I see young people, I can't help but notice they are younger than their body's age.
I mean - IMMATURE.
Because of technology? Because they grew up surrounded by computers, cellphones, tablets and Playstations?

I can see it in their eyes. Sometimes I see young people and it is obvious to me that they are abnormally immature.
I see people on Facebook saying they are 14, 17 or 20 and yet when I look in their eyes, I feel like they think a lot younger than their age - IMMATURE.

Especially when I compare them to myself or people around me when we were at their age, young people are now MILES behind.
Am I the only who notice this?

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vitalik_little55

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:32:15 PM

I think there is more fault in the last generation for raising the current generation. Think about it.
Also nutrition wise, our food has declined. This mixed with over medicating people has led many young people (as young as 12) very depressed, anxious, worried, etc.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:50:23 PM

I think there is more fault in the last generation for raising the current generation. Think about it.
Also nutrition wise, our food has declined. This mixed with over medicating people has led many young people (as young as 12) very depressed, anxious, worried, etc.

Yeah, I am also aware of that cause I also observed it.
So it means since the previous generation is (GENERALLY) irresponsible, the next generation would be irresponsible as well, so when they raise the next generation they would be irresponsible, which would lead to the next generation being MORE irresponsible until the entire system collapses on itself.

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
vitalik_little55

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:02:46 PM

Yeah, I am also aware of that cause I also observed it.
So it means since the previous generation is (GENERALLY) irresponsible, the next generation would be irresponsible as well, so when they raise the next generation they would be irresponsible, which would lead to the next generation being MORE irresponsible until the entire system collapses on itself.

Yeah so in order to fix this, the current generation needs to step their game up and become better parents but that doesn't seem to be the case. These days both parents are forced into working so they can't be there for their children. Then you have teens and young 20 somethings having kids without a dollar to their name, having to raise their kids using welfare. It is a mess and it starts at home. If we want to see a change, we have to be the change.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:16:11 PM

I used to think that while growing up. But as I've grown older and gotten into contact with a lot of different people from all branches of life (including Professors) I've come to realize that people in general just tend to be stupid (which wouldn't be a problem if they were aware of their shortcomings and saw them as opportunities to grow).

It seems like an extension of the education system to me, which drills obedience and repetition of blund and meaningless tasks. It also (at the very least implicitly) insists that there is only one right and a lot of wrong ways to go about things and it punishes people for not going the predefined "correct" path to a solution. This appears to creep into the general mentality of humans and seems to trigger extreme levels of caution and appeal to authority, both of which drastically stunt growth in every sense of the word (intellectual, emotional, spiritual).
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:27:08 PM

I've seen idiots come in all ages and forms.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
-Socrates

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:58:56 PM

I've seen idiots come in all ages and forms.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
-Socrates

Yeah, but majority of people nowadays are stupid. It seems like they don't have half a brain.
Remember, they are called ADD generation? Also, they are called the "selfie" generation.
And "selfie" doesn't just mean mean taking photos of one's self.
It also defines how on thinks about thinks and the surroundings.
For "selfie" people, it's always about them.

Intellectual Romanticist
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:07:11 PM

When I see young people, I can't help but notice they are younger than their body's age.
I mean - IMMATURE.
Because of technology? Because they grew up surrounded by computers, cellphones, tablets and Playstations?

I can see it in their eyes. Sometimes I see young people and it is obvious to me that they are abnormally immature.
I see people on Facebook saying they are 14, 17 or 20 and yet when I look in their eyes, I feel like they think a lot younger than their age - IMMATURE.

Especially when I compare them to myself or people around me when we were at their age, young people are now MILES behind.

I know many 40-50 years old people who are like 'never-grown-up' big kids. Capricious, frivolous and irresponsible. Also, there are many adults who play videogames or take selfies or make even worse actions like making sex with strangers without condoms. So I don't think it's an age problem, but more a society one...

toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:06:26 AM

Millenials behavior is the output of global modernization phones, tablets, playstation, personal computer and other gadgets makes their life busy. They engage in virtual discussions rather than actual person to person communication. They are immature in real world but in terms of technology they are also advanced. For us the older generations is to guide and teach them that their knowledge in computer age and their millenial attitude will become useful to our society in general.
zomgmike

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 05:38:36 AM

Millennials are just a very different generation than previous generations.  I wouldn't stay they're dumber or more immature - every generation has been dumb and immature. It is human nature. In our internet-driven world we certainly get to see it more than in generations past, though.

Millennials are a different beast because of the conditions under which they grew up. They've had the internet at their finger tips since birth. They're skeptical of the system because of a economic downturn during their formative years. A college degree doesn't mean what it used to. The whole resume/job application process has been disrupted by the internet.
shawncole

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:55:18 AM

I mean - IMMATURE.

This has to do with how they are raise with their parents. Passive parenting makes it worst when the youth of today don't get right advices as they go through life.
billsareno

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:05:11 AM

Millennials are explorer. The problem is there are some areas that they are not yet mature to explore like love.
Batalo

Activity: 63
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:42:38 AM
Merited by HasHe (3)

We cannot say that millennial are dumber and immature compared to previous generations cause it depend on how they were raised by their parents. though we can say that millenials now a days are more advance in terms of technology and produced a massive and and effective ways on how to make life easier. However, we also have people in the previous generation that tried and successfully change our lives now. If i have to mention them, it will be too many. heha. Therefore, millennials are not dumber and immature compared to previous generations. Maybe it's the way and the culture of the millennials and previous generation that define them.
reee

Activity: 439
Merit: 252

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

Actually, they are not. It is just that technology makes it possible to notice the dumb ones more than ever before. Back then idiots are only known in their little corner of our world. But now they can share with the whole world their idiocy. There are smart ones out there. They just chose not to waste time on social media because they’d rather read and learn.

▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██████████████████████
█▄▄   ▀███████████████████
████▄▄   ▀████████████████
███████▄▄   ▀█████████████
██████████    ▀██████████
███████▀▀        ▀███████
████▀▀              ▀████
█▀▀                    ▀█
..   █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   Just Press Play
Spotify
YouTube
Soundcloud

8Tracks
Radio
Podcast

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
GET IN TOUCH
Telegram
ANN Thread
Elporkours

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:31:51 AM

Maybe but being impatient have its perks like why they might go to btc more than other gens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: