Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm starting to think CEX.IO is a scam  (Read 178 times)
SweetAudrina (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:34:06 PM

Firstly it took weeks to validate my account, they insisted it was my email addresss that was broken despite the fact that it worked fine for everything else.

Secondly it took weeks for my card to be validated and it never did become fully validated (again they blamed my email!!) so I'm stuck with small limits and high fees.

Thirdly, a few weeks ago they decided that everyone had to make a minimal deposit in order to revaludate their Visa cards. Without doing this, no money could be withdrawn from the exchange. So I deposited the minimal amount as instructed and was charged for doing so.

Now, just weeks later they have decided that everyone must YET AGAIN deposit another "minimal amount" in order to revalidate their cards - otherwise GBP cannot be withdrawn.

So YET AGAIN I've had to deposit more money, for which I have been charged AGAIN for a transaction I had no option but to make and now I'm told they have a back log do it will be some time before my card is validated. In the meantime, all my money is stuck in there. It's beyond frustrating now and bordering on ridiculous.

It's starting to look like a massive scam. In order to get your money out you need to keep paying them more money?!

Anyone else having this trouble with them? Are they a scam?
HashZilla

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:39:48 AM

Yes, many are having this problem. 

I think it's only because they are insolvent.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:09:48 AM

Firstly it took weeks to validate my account, they insisted it was my email addresss that was broken despite the fact that it worked fine for everything else.

Secondly it took weeks for my card to be validated and it never did become fully validated (again they blamed my email!!) so I'm stuck with small limits and high fees.

Thirdly, a few weeks ago they decided that everyone had to make a minimal deposit in order to revaludate their Visa cards. Without doing this, no money could be withdrawn from the exchange. So I deposited the minimal amount as instructed and was charged for doing so.

Now, just weeks later they have decided that everyone must YET AGAIN deposit another "minimal amount" in order to revalidate their cards - otherwise GBP cannot be withdrawn.

So YET AGAIN I've had to deposit more money, for which I have been charged AGAIN for a transaction I had no option but to make and now I'm told they have a back log do it will be some time before my card is validated. In the meantime, all my money is stuck in there. It's beyond frustrating now and bordering on ridiculous.

It's starting to look like a massive scam. In order to get your money out you need to keep paying them more money?!

It's not just you having problems with cex.io at the moment, but your problem with the validation of cards is definitely one of a kind.

I don't get why you have to validate their card in order to withdraw a sum from their site. Maybe I'm missing something here, but just looking at your post it doesn't really make sense for them to do so. Your balance should be independent from everything else.

Can you still trade GBP for BTC, then withdraw the BTC? If that's possible then just do that.

The most common problem people have with CEX is with the withdrawals, they mark withdrawals complete but in fact nothing has been sent.

Smiley
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:51:34 PM

Kindly clarify whether your card and account have already been verified.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
SweetAudrina (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:01:03 AM

THe card was verified and now I'm told I need to deposit money in order to validate it again. I have tried to do this and the deposit is not being credited to my account or even leaving my bank. Support say there are no pending payments.

The account is not fully verified because the resend email link is a broken link! It actually directs to a void link. Support refuse to look into this saying it's my email that is broken yet everything else works fine??

So now I can't deposit or withdraw money. All my money is stuck in there and nobody will help me.
dbpopescu

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:40:39 PM

Cex.io is keeping my btc hostage for exactly 1 month. They asked for kyc, I've sent all documents and still no respons AFTER 1 month. so yeah.

Ticket: 485138 Userid: UP111791395

To clarify: I am not saying it is a scam because I have had previous transactions with them and they paid but they are VERY VERY VERY BAD at customer service. At this point I don't even want to sell my btc anymore I just want it returned so I can hold it so if @CEX could tell their coleagues to just return my btc and shut down my account that would be great because I sure as hell am never goin to return to your exchange after this is resolved.
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:09:41 PM

First, withdrawal limits do not depend on card verification but rather on the account verification type.
Second, we did not decide to ask our users to revalidate Visa cards. It was a requirement of our payment service provider.
As for now, GBP withdrawals to Visa are completely disabled, as indicated on our status page (https://status.cex.io/). This fact is also not connected with our choices but rather with the specifics of our payment partner functioning.
Finally, we would like to emphasize that we are not a scam. Thousands of satisfied customers can prove this. We are currently working on all the withdrawal issues. And we will be happy to provide you with them as soon as we ensure they are secure.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:11:31 PM

Cex.io is keeping my btc hostage for exactly 1 month. They asked for kyc, I've sent all documents and still no respons AFTER 1 month. so yeah.

Ticket: 485138 Userid: UP111791395

To clarify: I am not saying it is a scam because I have had previous transactions with them and they paid but they are VERY VERY VERY BAD at customer service. At this point I don't even want to sell my btc anymore I just want it returned so I can hold it so if @CEX could tell their coleagues to just return my btc and shut down my account that would be great because I sure as hell am never goin to return to your exchange after this is resolved.

According to our information, your pending deposit was already completed.

Beginner85

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:13:55 PM

Yes maybe scam..
The transaction was made on 14.02.2018
Because I haven't received my funds yet. I have been waiting for $438.48 for 12 days now but so far the funds haven't arrived at my bank account yet. I contacted the bank but they said no payments have been made. I emailed Cex.io about the situation. At first they said it might take up to 10 days. When I emailed them for the second time which is after 12 days, now they are saying it might take up to 20 days. After 8 days, they might say 30 days, who knows!!

up118149849 ticket 692476

Feb 22, 14:28 GMT

It's been 8 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Auto message....
Dear up118149849

Thank you for your request.
We understand your concerns about the money and will do everything possible to make sure that you receive the funds.
Please, note that the deposit/withdrawal transaction has been initiated less than 10 days ago. If you still do not receive the payment after 10 days, please, submit a request again, and one of our support members will assist you.

We are grateful for your understanding. Our team is working hard on cutting the backlog and guaranteeing reasonable processing times for each and every transaction.

Thank you for your patience,
CEX.IO Team
--------------------------------------------------------------
up118149849 ticket 695721

Feb 26, 11:26 GMT

It's been 12 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Now 20 banking days...

Margret (CEX.IO)

Feb 26, 11:39 GMT

Dear up118149849,

We see in the activity history that your withdrawal has been fully completed from our side:

2018-02-14 11:05:21   -438.48 USD   0.00   WITHDRAW   -   Credit card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Completed

Please note that it may take up to 20 banking days (weekends are not counted) for banking system to process the payment. This time depends on your bank and the correspondent-bank involved. Therefore, we kindly ask you to wait.

In case you do not receive your funds within the mentioned time frames, please let us know.
Best Regards
Margret
Support Team
Good job and reserved for 30 banking days.. thx
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:45:49 PM

Yes maybe scam..
Because I haven't received my funds yet. I have been waiting for $438.48 for 12 days now but so far the funds haven't arrived at my bank account yet. I contacted the bank but they said no payments have been made. I emailed Cex.io about the situation. At first they said it might take up to 10 days. When I emailed them for the second time which is after 12 days, now they are saying it might take up to 20 days. After 8 days, they might say 30 days, who knows!!

It's been 8 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Auto message....
Dear up118149849

We understand your concerns about the money and will do everything possible to make sure that you receive the funds.
Please, note that the deposit/withdrawal transaction has been initiated less than 10 days ago. If you still do not receive the payment after 10 days, please, submit a request again, and one of our support members will assist you.

We are grateful for your understanding. Our team is working hard on cutting the backlog and guaranteeing reasonable processing times for each and every transaction.

CEX.IO Team

It's been 12 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Now 20 banking days...

Margret (CEX.IO)

Dear up118149849,

We see in the activity history that your withdrawal has been fully completed from our side:

2018-02-14 11:05:21   -438.48 USD   0.00   WITHDRAW   -   Credit card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Completed

Please note that it may take up to 20 banking days (weekends are not counted) for banking system to process the payment. This time depends on your bank and the correspondent-bank involved. Therefore, we kindly ask you to wait.

In case you do not receive your funds within the mentioned time frames, please let us know.
Best Regards
Margret
Support Team

You were recently responded and provided with the details of the transaction. Please check them with your bank. With them, they should be able to find the payment and credit it correctly.

Beginner85

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:51:50 AM

Yes maybe scam..

Auto message....
Dear up118149849

CEX.IO Team

Now 20 banking days...

Margret (CEX.IO)

Dear up118149849,

Best Regards
Margret
Support Team

You were recently responded and provided with the details of the transaction. Please check them with your bank. With them, they should be able to find the payment and credit it correctly.
Cex.io sent the money right on time which was on 15.02.2018, but the Turkish banking system took so much time to deposit the funds in to the bank account. So thank you very much and I do apologize for my posts..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: