Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you help solve many global issues with Returns?  (Read 89 times)
8CommaClub (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:48:11 AM

So I'm curious , lets say that there was someway of being able to solve many global issues all at once

Example

World hunger / Climate change / Air pollution / Cleaner water / Increased overall health and happiness of society.

So lets say there was a way for people to invest in something that can do all of this , with potential returns etc.

Do you think that society would help raise the amount of capital needed to fix the worlds problems?

Or do you think people just don't give a fuck?

1F8kqQx3eSwxbyoFvMYLtK4KBMMVJx3sjA
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:02:08 AM

World hunger / Climate change / Cleaner water

I would say if you could solve just those three problems, you would have so much money thrown at you, it wouldn't matter what society thought.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
skymberloh

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:53:26 AM

So I'm curious , lets say that there was someway of being able to solve many global issues all at once

Example

World hunger / Climate change / Air pollution / Cleaner water / Increased overall health and happiness of society.

So lets say there was a way for people to invest in something that can do all of this , with potential returns etc.

Do you think that society would help raise the amount of capital needed to fix the worlds problems?

If there is really an instant solution then why not, right?. As for me, I don't need something in rwturn, i just want the assurance that my children will live in a better world.

8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:56:00 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 02:09:24 PM by 8CommaClub

I would say if you could solve just those three problems, you would have so much money thrown at you, it wouldn't matter what society thought.   Wink

looks like i have a challenge on my hands. It begins. But do you believe that there is another agenda at play which will not allow something like this to happen because there is more profits to be made from not fixing the solution but enhancing it?

Example

If there is really an instant solution then why not, right?. As for me, I don't need something in rwturn, i just want the assurance that my children will live in a better world.

Living in the moment but planning for the future , I like it.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:59:44 PM

I would say if you could solve just those three problems, you would have so much money thrown at you, it wouldn't matter what society thought.   Wink
I wouldn't be surprised if such a person had so much money thrown at them that people would end up killing them because they supposedly trampled all over the humanity to make profits. Companies that sell drinking water and groceries are already considered the devil, even though we'd all be fucked beyond repair without them. Could they be better? Without a doubt, but improvements take time.
8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:13:18 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if such a person had so much money thrown at them that people would end up killing them because they supposedly trampled all over the humanity to make profits. Companies that sell drinking water and groceries are already considered the devil, even though we'd all be fucked beyond repair without them. Could they be better? Without a doubt, but improvements take time.

I've wondered about that personally. If i do good in the world , wouldn't there be an evil that will try to stop me because of what i'm doing to them? Seems like i gotta incorporate this into my idea of making humanity rise ... But the problem is there are those who do not wish for those to succeed if this was the case... since there bigger things at play it seems.

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:37:14 AM

People should then be throwing all their money at AI and Quantum computer companies, and research, and development. The faster we get those two things the faster we can put them to work, coming up with models, and with solutions to these three and many more vexing conundrums.

But alas, the public don't care about actual solutions; they just want to do the quick feel good band-aid solutions such as marginally lowering their carbon footprint, which is next to negligible.

:]
8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:37:24 PM

People should then be throwing all their money at AI and Quantum computer companies, and research, and development. The faster we get those two things the faster we can put them to work, coming up with models, and with solutions to these three and many more vexing conundrums.

But alas, the public don't care about actual solutions; they just want to do the quick feel good band-aid solutions such as marginally lowering their carbon footprint, which is next to negligible.

So would you invest if it this protocol had Artificial Intelligence , integrated to be used to solve world hunger / climate / cleaner water...

Would you invest then?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: