Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling And Bitcoins With PayPal  (Read 1789 times)
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:18:01 PM

Look at my trust score every transaction as been for paypal ( couple money pak). It can be done but is not easy and does involve risk.

Fair enough. I'm not smart enough and too lazy to even attempt this.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:21:56 PM

Look at my trust score every transaction as been for paypal ( couple money pak). It can be done but is not easy and does involve risk.

Your trust score is 0 for me.
sublime5447
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 08:39:01 PM by sublime5447

My score  as I see it    25: -0 / +26(26)

Your score as I see it   Trust: -1: -1 / +1(1)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

Maybe you are trusting the wrong people?

My wallet--

Total Transactions   558   

Total Received   442.63314479 BTC   

Total Sent           442.4634786 BTC
Final Balance   0.16966619 BTC

Your wallet--                                                             

No. Transactions   14   

Total Received   21.08394743 BTC   

Final Balance   7.3899926 BTC

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

By the way you wanna sell any of that 7 btc for my pp usd?   Grin Grin Grin

You send first!   Grin Grin Grin
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:34:31 PM

By the way you wanna sell any of that 7 btc for my pp usd?   Grin Grin Grin

You send first!   Grin Grin Grin

You have positive feedback. But, you also have a few negatives ones. Most feedback is left by untrusted sources & are not very active. However, you have dealt with a few trusted members.

By trusted I mean in the default trust list & people I have dealt with and many others have.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:49:46 PM

Been trading for over a year. Sold coins on ebay. I have thousands of online transactions. Been selling on ebay for 6 or 7 years with 100 percent positive feedback. I have sold over 65,000 usd worth of coin so far this year.

I dont have any negatives to speak of. 1 from a lying troll kelticfox, and one from sidesky this is what he posted when we traded. I think he just screwed up but seems to have abandoned his account and one from paul e. who is a scammer that provided a bad MP to a seller on my page bitcoin friends he crys scam but got his coin and his part of his money back  

sidelsky18

Activity: 56

i love alt coins

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Ignore

Re: WTS BTC/LTC for paypal/money pak /cash in mail/postal money order/DEBIT CARD!
May 27, 2013, 05:59:27 PM
Reply with quote  #34
Quote from: sublime5447 on May 27, 2013, 05:42:11 PM
Done send the code in a pm and I will send the payment. Thanks

Smooth transaction, done in 10 minutes. I'm always hesitant to send first but this person can be trusted.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:00:23 PM

"By trusted I mean in the default trust list & people I have dealt with and many others have."

I dont trust people because theymos says I should trust them
LilGhost

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:09:00 PM

Actually they can't do a charge back on virtual items just on tangible items

People can definitely still charge back virtual items, otherwise selling BTC for PayPal wouldn't be an issue.

As an online merchant that operates heavily through paypal I can say that when you receive a chargeback on an intangible item, the merchant always wins due to the fact that paypal does not charge against intangible items.

That being said, a charge back on anything bitcoin related would not end the same way. Yes, bitcoins are an intangible item, but paypal does not like other e-Currencies and views them as competition. Thus any attempts to buy/sell e-Currencies can result in your paypal account being frozen/shut down.

So he is right that intangible items are an instant win for the merchant, paypal will still shut down/freeze both accounts for a violation of their Terms of Service.
thetran209

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:10:34 PM

If you download the new Paypal App for Android, your Paypal balance can be viewed by pressing the "Wallet" Tab. So, maybe something is looming in the future with Bitcoin + Paypal?
Baitty

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:12:52 PM

If you download the new Paypal App for Android, your Paypal balance can be viewed by pressing the "Wallet" Tab. So, maybe something is looming in the future with Bitcoin + Paypal?

I don't think that indicates anything. A lot of banks actually call the place were your money is displayed "Wallet".

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:13:06 PM

People can definitely still charge back virtual items, otherwise selling BTC for PayPal wouldn't be an issue.

As an online merchant that operates heavily through paypal I can say that when you receive a chargeback on an intangible item, the merchant always wins due to the fact that paypal does not charge against intangible items.

That being said, a charge back on anything bitcoin related would not end the same way. Yes, bitcoins are an intangible item, but paypal does not like other e-Currencies and views them as competition. Thus any attempts to buy/sell e-Currencies can result in your paypal account being frozen/shut down.

So he is right that intangible items are an instant win for the merchant, paypal will still shut down/freeze both accounts for a violation of their Terms of Service.

FUD.. I have told them several times that i am selling bitcoins they dont give a shit. They have even helped me deal with charge backs and told me methods to help avoid them.
LilGhost

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:19:31 PM

FUD.. I have told them several times that i am selling bitcoins they dont give a shit. They have even helped me deal with charge backs and told me methods to help avoid them.
All i know is that according to their TOS, it's against the rules and they can freeze accounts for buying/selling/trading e-Currencies.
I wish you luck in using paypal to buy/sell/trade, but as for me, I wont use my main paypal for that. I would have to make a second paypal just for that just in case they froze it.
Baitty

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

How are you a exception? Their TOS actually state that it's not allowed and they are willing to terminate/freeze accounts. Why would they aid you and not anyone else?

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:44:11 PM

Link to that I have heard it since I started but have never been able to find where PP says I cant sell coins?
LilGhost

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:45:25 PM

How are you a exception? Their TOS actually state that it's not allowed and they are willing to terminate/freeze accounts. Why would they aid you and not anyone else?
preventing a racial discrimination lawsuit?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:46:00 PM

What people are talking about when they say this is that is in violation to act as a money transmitter. I am not a money transmitter. I am a retail coin shop!

Are coin sellers on ebay money transmitters? Well than neither am I.

They wont freeze my account i have cabbage loans tied to my account and cover my loses. They dont care because when I get charge backs I cover my own loses
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:47:39 PM

What people are talking about when they say this is that is in violation to act as a money transmitter. I am not a money transmitter. I am a retail coin shop!

Are coin sellers on ebay money transmitters? Well than neither am I.

Are you selling Physical coins with Bitcoin loaded on them too? It's kind of a grey area. I don't think they cover you for virtual items, because you can't prove that you actually sent it to the buyer. But, I don't believe they disallow it. (However, I don't use paypal for this purpose so not 100% certain).
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

No I sell digital coins. It is not against their policy to sell digital items they just dont insure the transactions.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:51:16 PM

Money transmitters never take ownership. They dont sell thieir own funds. I do.
Baitty

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:51:58 PM

No I sell digital coins. It is not against their policy to sell digital items they just dont insure the transactions.

That's actually a good point. THEY don't insure you. But, I suppose it's allowed. Sorry, I was getting confused earlier.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: