Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:42:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamonds... a gfx cards best friend  (Read 1136 times)
conjre (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:41:28 AM

Was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this before when replacing the stock thermal paste on their gfx cards.
http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/DiamondGrease/OverView.aspx

They have stats at the end of the instructions.  I looks like they were able to get a 33% decrease in thermal output...

Any thoughts on this?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 09:38:24 AM

Interessante

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 12:00:42 PM

To bad that these Diamond TIMs scratch lapped IHS or Lapped HS's. IHS or HS doesn't even need to be lapped in order to be scratched. IC7 is known for it and to stain the IHS & HS's. I'd stay away, stick with something like Indigo Xtreme or Shin Etsu. Some GPU's are glass surface and some are nickel either way, they will get scratched.
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:25:54 AM

I used it on two of my gpus, dropped temps a good 10c
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: