Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:50:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep safe your cryptocurrencies  (Read 159 times)
Smpdytz1 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:46:09 AM

Hello begginers.when i am a begginer in cryptocurrency field i had a very bad experience that my wallets had been hacked and my bitcoins cryptocurrencies are stolen it was on of the worst feeling ever.i know you everyone want to keep saft your btc and alts i will give you some tips

1 Do not use simple passwords for your wallet password- someone are create stupid passwords like name123 or birthday these are easy to guess soo use strong password without any meaning

2 Alwaya use 2FA security - use 2FA security to log your wallet.
          Simple in 2FA you get a number code to your mobile or email you need to enter both password and number to log your wallet.number code alwaya you got different one

3 Do not give your wallet details like password private key to anyone

4 when you log to Myether wallet never use private key or keystore file because it is very risky not recommend way.use hardware wallet or metamask to login to MEW.
It is very safe way that log to MEW via using hardware wallet but is it difficult to buy hardware wallet use metamasak.first install metamasak google chrome version and create metamasak wallet account.after creating metamask wallet you can easily and safely log in MEW via metamask.not only MEW but also you can log to etherdelta easily

These are the tips i used to save my cryptocurrencies from hackers .if you know any other good ways please mention about that

YayProto   |   DECENTRALIZED MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM
▬▬▬  ●  ●   JOIN OUR PRE-ICO: JAN 22   ●  ●  ▬▬▬[/c (http://bit.ly/yayProtoSiteFromBBT)
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:51:24 AM

Using coldwallet / hardware wallet and never save your privkey or wallet .dat backup on cloud
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:24:12 AM

1 Do not use simple passwords for your wallet password- someone are create stupid passwords like name123 or birthday these are easy to guess soo use strong password without any meaning

2 Alwaya use 2FA security - use 2FA security to log your wallet.
          Simple in 2FA you get a number code to your mobile or email you need to enter both password and number to log your wallet.number code alwaya you got different one

Do NOT use wallets that makes you use login authentication, as chances are they store your private keys on the cloud. Use wallets that makes you hold your own keys. Wallets include: Electrum[1], Copay[2], BreadWallet[3], or better yet: hardware wallets like Trezor[4] or Ledger Nano S[5].

[1] https://electrum.org/
[2] https://copay.io/
[3] https://breadapp.com/
[4] https://trezor.io/
[5] https://ledgerwallet.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
UltimaTradr

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:41:22 AM

Since I use Paxful for trading I just use 2fa for it and transfer it to my trezzor wallet
trananh1996

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:24:29 AM

You want to be safe. You should buy your own purse. You will not look at its property if you have it.
vbcrypto

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:46:22 PM

The best way to save your crypto to use desktop wallets or hardware wallets.
geethnew

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:47:23 AM

I am also agreed with the many responses here. The best way to keep cryptocurrencies safe is using a Hardware wallet.
emycoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:20:56 PM

I totally agree and I should have read this before, as I lost the key of my MEW wallet. Hopefully it was only some airdrop on this wallet, but still, money is money..
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

The account of cryptocurrencies need to be protect by strong password with special and uppercase character also if you can protect the account by the phone number
MrCrypty

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:15:43 PM

Thanks, very useful. I am using now the Trezor hardware wallet.
traysikad

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:42:10 AM

2fa security is a app? @Smpdytz1 ..thank you
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:11:44 AM

2fa security is a app? @Smpdytz1 ..thank you

No. 2FA means two-factor authentication, which basically means that you need your password plus some other thing to access your account. There are different ways to achieve this; some services send codes to your mobile number and some require the use of apps such as Google Authenticator.

I would definitely recommend everyone use this feature if available, especially for crypto-related stuff.

Also, in general, a desktop wallet even without 2FA is safer than an online wallet with 2FA. Just something to keep in mind.

destinysaid

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

Help the needy, do the little things others ignore

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 12:01:58 PM

2FA authentication, I learnt of that the day my bittrex was cracked.

These days,I use google authentication on my phone, in connection with my binance, bittrex and others.

Never forget, security and safety first.

Be loyal to your innermost truth.
justicesquadron

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:26:35 PM

About MetaMask: If We have the MetaMask account, why should We use MEW? Is MetaMask not enough for most operations?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: