Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:31:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With Chinese New Year at our door, will the price rise?  (Read 299 times)
Wookii (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 18

Czech/English translator for ICOs

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:09:38 AM

Hello everyone!

So, with the new year of dog at our doorspetps, do you expect the price of all the coins to rise? Or at least the major ones? I have written some articles in the past month, where i was pointing out Chinese New Year coming up as one of the factors of the decline. The reason for that was, that Asian people will spent a lot of money in this time, so not really buying crypto, eventually going out from crypto for a while to have some FIAT for spendings and so on.

With the New Year here, we can see increae in the price already. I don't really think that this is a coincidence! What price do you expect now? How fast do you expect everything to rise?

I am expecting slower pace for BTC, which will be really good for the altcoins, as they can increase their ALT/BTC price, which in the end can increase their $ price much faster.

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:40:07 AM

I don't think the new year was the main reason of a down trend. First of all the market needed this correction. Coin were going up to fast. Second is infrustructure. A lto of new people tried to get into crypto and exchanges were not ready for that. The third but not the last is governmental FUD. We heard a lot of good new on regulation, but most people in crypto fears regulation and any government actions and spreads FUD.

Now infrustructure is almost ready for new users and news are getting better. So we can expect the market to grow.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:01:34 AM

regardless of this new year thing, i can say that the dumping and panic sells are over. we are not entering a new phase starting with bitcoin. if the price of BTC keeps rising and stays above $10,000 then we can expect better days for the whole market as bitcoin rise slows down the money flows into altcoins to pump them and then goes back to bitcoin.

if this new phase can't stand (which is unlikely in my opinion) then we may see a new phase of dumps instead where everything will be in red again and dumps may even become more severe.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
GlassMaster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:07:17 AM

Hello everyone!

So, with the new year of dog at our doorspetps, do you expect the price of all the coins to rise? Or at least the major ones? I have written some articles in the past month, where i was pointing out Chinese New Year coming up as one of the factors of the decline. The reason for that was, that Asian people will spent a lot of money in this time, so not really buying crypto, eventually going out from crypto for a while to have some FIAT for spendings and so on.

With the New Year here, we can see increae in the price already. I don't really think that this is a coincidence! What price do you expect now? How fast do you expect everything to rise?

I am expecting slower pace for BTC, which will be really good for the altcoins, as they can increase their ALT/BTC price, which in the end can increase their $ price much faster.
This is not the main reason for the fall and rise in the price of coins. The effect on this is very minimal, just like bitcoin and the other coins went up very well and came an obvious decline. And now the growth of bitcoin has already started, we hope that soon the price for alts will fall, too.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:09:28 AM

I do not think it is an outright fact that the Chinese new year would bring about a decline in the price of coins or altcoins and neither do i think it can totally influence the rise. Everything is based on predictions. Nonetheless, if the Chinese choose to now go for fiat during this festivity, other none Chinese can keep the market running at a good pace. Regardless of that not everyone that participates in the Chinese new year would sell all his major coins to go for fiat, there might still be other options left.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:16:33 AM

Chinese New Year is today, February 16th and the crypto market is holding its breath until the date passes. Coins are maintaining their status quo by rising gradually. We await better turnout soon.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:31:46 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 09:14:11 AM by jaocoincrypto18
Merited by zhelis74 (1)

Hello everyone!

I believed that the Chinese New year will influence a little the rise of crypto currencies but not in to magical or superstitious way but more Chinese Crypto enthusiast will believed that this year will be a lucky year for them that they will buy more crypto currencies and invest more so i think because of their positive mental thinking the result will be in favor for crypto investments in which it will help to increase the buying demand even in a little margin.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:37:38 AM

Well so far this year chinese new year is the main uplifting news that comes in cryptocurrency,! I think this new year has a remark with the rising estimation of all cryptographic money and I read some article too saying some great things that may occur in crypto in light of this chinese new year

eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:47:50 AM

Hello everyone!

yes of course if the chinese new year is over certainly will be a lot of buy bitcoin again and hopefully this can trigger the rise in price of bitcoin and altcoin other.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:54:43 AM

Yeah it is believed that the rise will rise more when they go back to work and start investing and trading again. So we expect more green days march beginning .
pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:55:46 AM

I do not think that the Chinese New Year is so important for the course of the cryptocurrency. This is a contrived factor to play by the price
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:13:40 AM

I think the recovery phase of the market is back. In February, I believe the price of bitcoin and other coins are also rising.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

I think the price of BTC will continue to grow during the Chinese New Year holiday!

When people get back to work and start making new investments, a lot of money goes back to the digital money market!

The market will stabilize at this time!
azvn

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:18:37 AM

i think cny is really do it because not only china celebrate for cny, it include taiwan, vietnam, hongkong and every china town around the world...its 1/7 population of the world.
magle

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:42:11 AM

I don't think the new year was the main reason of a down trend. First of all the market needed this correction. Coin were going up to fast. Second is infrustructure. A lto of new people tried to get into crypto and exchanges were not ready for that. The third but not the last is governmental FUD. We heard a lot of good new on regulation, but most people in crypto fears regulation and any government actions and spreads FUD.

Now infrustructure is almost ready for new users and news are getting better. So we can expect the market to grow.

Could not agree more, when we peaked back in december many exchanges had backlogs of people trying to get in and verified. Kraken e.g. was more or less useless to trade on, coinbase had problems with verification etc. And honestly the quick gains we saw in december was simply crazy, we needed the correction and we should now soon be able to see some growth in the market cap again.
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:45:11 AM

It seems that this is also a little worrying if this celebration is the end of their journey in the crypto world by selling all their coins. Looking at markets that do not show good prospects, this is one factor to choose to back off.

hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:49:26 AM

Hello everyone!

I can agree with you. All New Year holidays, not only Asian, influenced the market of crypto-currencies. But as we see at the moment - it is being restored. I hope the next month the market will enter the usual rhythm.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:50:44 AM

There are too many outlying factors at play affecting the rise and fall in markets, and we cannot attribute or stake it on a single happening. So relax and celebrate alongside, for universal luck and success.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:53:58 AM

Hello everyone!

possibly the price of altcoin and bitcoin itself after the Lunar New Year will be green, despite that not so significant price increase but we should be grateful.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:55:10 AM

Yes, indeed some users and experts associate the fall of the market with the Asian New Year, but I also agree that the situation on the market depends on other factors. I think this drop went to someone for good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: