Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 07:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-09-17 Business Insider - The Winklevoss Twins Just Gave A Presentation...  (Read 966 times)
FeedbackLoop (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:10:25 PM

"The Winklevoss Twins Just Gave A Presentation On Bitcoin To A Room Full Of Investors"

http://www.businessinsider.com/winkelvoss-bitcoin-bitcoin-presentation-2013-9

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 09:58:05 PM

Did they (the investors) all laugh at them (Winklevai twins)?

Heheh.

I'm curious if they've cashed out any of their 9Million gain yet, or if they continue to remain bullish on 100% of their bitcoin position...

Not sure if they'd value cashing out a million as much as I would...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:21:13 PM

I have the distinct feeling that the Winklevoss twins 'Get It' more than half the folks on this forum.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:16:21 AM

I'm curious if they've cashed out any of their 9Million gain yet, or if they continue to remain bullish on 100% of their bitcoin position...

They already cashed out: into bitcoin.

I have the distinct feeling that the Winklevoss twins 'Get It' more than half the folks on this forum.

I'm afraid to admit that I agree.

Lots of people laughing at them, while they own a big piece of the most promising technology of the century.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:23:23 PM

Lots of people laughing at them, while they own a big piece of the most promising technology of the century.

Right, I'm sure they are planning on spending bitcoins someday... that's why they are creating an ETF so that people can spend their ETFs on goods.

If they are talking to investors, I doubt their plan is to say, invest in this currency & then spend it... nope, the people are going to want to cash them in for a USD return.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:57:41 PM

Right, I'm sure they are planning on spending bitcoins someday... that's why they are creating an ETF so that people can spend their ETFs on goods.

If they are talking to investors, I doubt their plan is to say, invest in this currency & then spend it... nope, the people are going to want to cash them in for a USD return.

Can't they start buying more BTC with investors money if the ETF gets accepted while keeping their own stash?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: