Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese New Year of the Dog, and the price of Doge?  (Read 197 times)
landahoy9 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:12:43 AM

I was just wondering if anyone else expects to see a rise of the price of Dogecoin today, what with it being Chinese New Year of the Dog?

I know it is traditional on Chinese New Year to give gifts of money, and I suspect some of these gifts might end up being cryptocurrency, and some of these might be Dogecoin.

Does anyone else have an idea of the kind of gifts given today, and / or the time of day they are usually given on Chinese New Year?
Briella18

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:18:42 AM

because the price of doge is now down, I do not think it has anything to do between chinese new year and doge coin,
worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:44:44 AM

What they usually have on new year's Dogecoin,creeping up,something that I never seen before and do not see now.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:09:43 AM

I was just wondering if anyone else expects to see a rise of the price of Dogecoin today, what with it being Chinese New Year of the Dog?

I know it is traditional on Chinese New Year to give gifts of money, and I suspect some of these gifts might end up being cryptocurrency, and some of these might be Dogecoin.

Does anyone else have an idea of the kind of gifts given today, and / or the time of day they are usually given on Chinese New Year?

OMG, what is this? There is no correlation between chinese new year (Dog) and Doge coin. Look at the chart and you can see that about the truth of doge coin gets a lot of dump. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/
it doesn't make sense to make any correlation between chinese new year and everything. So, if there will be a horse year and then would you make any correlation with horse coin?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:23:18 AM

because the price of doge is now down, I do not think it has anything to do between chinese new year and doge coin,
I think op view is that Chinese "new year of dog" may impact doge coin price positively. Doge is down now do not mean it will not rise again and event like this one is what may influence dogecoin price positive. Doge has been among the undervalued coins for quite some time now and those that has been holding it including my friend what the price increase.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:01:46 AM

I hope the price of doge is going up, but it is very irrelevant if you say between doge and Chinese New Year of the dog there is mutual influence.

No, because they give prizes in money, if they give crypto, not necessarily the recipient can exchange the crypto into fiat money and this is a mistake.

I give gifts to my family, nieces and cousins ​​in the form of fiat money and their favorite things.
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:20:48 AM

What a funny albeit interesting thought. If I were Chinese I would definitely give away some Dodgecoin to friends and family. That would be a way better gift than the plastic porks and mushrooms we have here in Europe. I am however certain that only very few people will have this idea. What’s more, it will be a bit difficult to present the coin as an appropriate gift, since it’s all digital. Maybe you could hand over a paper wallet that contains Dodgecoin  Grin

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

I'm not Doge lover or fan.
This is crypto world no need to reason for huge fluctuations.
But why some people thhings this is dog year in China and Doge will go to moon, isn't it weird?

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:42:05 AM

This thread does not give food for thought 'cause its choking you up with laughter. Where is the correlation between the two. definitely a humorous bow wow!  Grin
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:01:50 AM

It is quite interesting and on modern to give crypto currency (Dogecoin) for the new year. ; D But I also do not see any connection between them.

Sidshark

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:21:24 AM

The dogecoin Devs have done a YouTube video outling future plans and updates to come shortly. Hodl
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

This year ( in china and some country) is the Dog! But i think is not a doge coin! Doge coin have a big coin but no relation with Dog!
kreja

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:42:50 AM

Year of doge actually has no business with doge coin. Chinese has 12 animals for year and 2018 is the year of doge. New year gift is always RMB, so is this year.
Many people don't have a cryptocurrency wallet, they even don't know what it is, so it is difficult to give cryptocurrency as gift.
ascakan

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:46:09 AM

not because the new year Doge goes pump every 6 monthish check the historical market of Doge... after lots of newbie jump out the train sharks come back and make it the the moon every 6 month same ... Thats wierd cuz its the only coin which never do anything but profit...
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:48:35 AM

talking about dogecoin?i guess its better to say YEAR OF THE DOWN not doge lol.because this coin is down and will keep on its place for couple of years more,i dont really have a sympathy on this altcoin i just don't know why.so for those expecting another hype from this one,better stop it and better luck next year
Zufox

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:55:50 AM

It seems to me that if DOGE will grow, it will not be connected with the Chinese New Year. Grin
The DOGE will start to grow when the spring comes to the cryptocurrency market Wink
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:59:06 AM

I cannot see the logical connection between the price of Dogecoin (Doge) and the chinese new year, in particular the fact that the new year is the year of the dog. In the first place, it is not the year of the Doge. You need to remove the "e" in it because it is the year of the dog only. LOL.  Grin I don't know if you are familiar with the ampao. It is a tiny red envelope with money inside. It is a chinese tradition during chinese new year to give away ampaos, not cryptocurrencies.  Wink
Nauticus Supervisor

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:59:26 AM

Are you guys seriously interested in Dogecoin? That is interesting....
Personally, I reckon looking for some more sustainable and usable coins.
Nauticus Blockchain Market Analyst
yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:07:07 AM

I have a hard time giving me an opinion on the Dogecoin, it's a cryptocurrency that unfortunately has no team, no Roadmap and no objective, has not made any software update since 2 years so I think that in the very long term the project will clearly fail but in the short term on some occasion it is really interesting to own some Dogecoin.
Nobody knows when the project will go into its final fall but in the meantime Dogecoin is loved by many trader because of the Return On Investment he brought them so in my opinion own Doge is not so bad when we know exactly what are you doing
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:16:57 AM

For me, I just don't know if this year could be the lucky year of Dogecoin. To be honest, I think Dogecoin and Chinese New Year had nothing to do with each other. I have over 10k Dogecoins in my possession, and I think I'm going to cash out when I had enough profits in case DOGE's price grows at the end of 2018.

Let's see if I could get lucky this year since it's the Year of the Earth Dog, which means all pet and Dogecoin owners might be lucky.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█