Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:35:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty vs coins per day rate on various coins doesn't add up.  (Read 1606 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:38:28 PM

I've been mining LiteCoin (LTC) for a while now, and I have noticed that amongst the various Scrypt coins listed on coinwarz.com, there seems to not be a direct correlation between the coins' difficulty, hash rate, and how many coins you can expect per day.

For example, the rate on LTC seems to be that 1 Mhash + 1000 difficulty = 1 LTC per day, nice and simple, but this is not so for other coins.

At my current 4 Megahash mining rate:

LiteCoin at 1032 difficulty gets me 3.89 per day.
Feathercoin at 213 difficulty gets me 75.2 per day.
Bitbar at 2.65 difficulty gets me ONLY 6.45 BTB per day.  What the hell?
Novacoin at 282 difficulty gets me only 2.77 per day.  WTF?
Digitalcoin at 3.23 difficulty gets me 498 DGC per day.
Bitgem at 0.80 difficulty gets 40 BTG per day.

What is it about these other Scrypt coins that there seems to be such a wide variance? I'd think that a low difficulty = more coins, high difficulty = less coins.

I know that not all coins give the same number of coins per block, but this still seems way out of line.

_jacQues_

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:57:27 PM

I've been mining LiteCoin (LTC) for a while now, and I have noticed that amongst the various Scrypt coins listed on coinwarz.com, there seems to not be a direct correlation between the coins' difficulty, hash rate, and how many coins you can expect per day.
There is, if you take into account the block rate and -reward.

100 coins every minute vs. 1 coin every 10 minutes will yield a difference of 1,000 : 1 using the same difficulty.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:58:01 PM

For example, the rate on LTC seems to be that 1 Mhash + 1000 difficulty = 1 LTC per day, nice and simple, but this is not so for other coins.

What is it about these other Scrypt coins that there seems to be such a wide variance? I'd think that a low difficulty = more coins, high difficulty = less coins.

I know that not all coins give the same number of coins per block, but this still seems way out of line.

You need to keep in mind block rewards and block times.

FTC is similar block time with 4x rewards so its easy to see.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:18:49 PM

dude, you can't mine 6.45 BTB per day

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:30:43 PM

Apparently you can, according to the list, which changes all the time.  I have seen BitBar rise and fall.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: