Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD ANN]🔴Deviant Coin🔴[DEV] PoS +Single click MN [🔥 CoinSwap in progress 🔥]  (Read 16933 times)
Perp

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:04:15 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 02:38:26 AM by Perp

@Fastlan
Sorry where I told about PoS?
I'm saying about PoW. Please check code, in main.cpp line from 1397
I told about one of (working) bad solution. It's not a bug. If say 51% of nodes will launch such code....
So many uploads for "good" binaries, blockchains for fast synchronisation etc. Smiley

ADD

What's a "safety percaution"? I can't understand it. Where was a problem?
Deposits or withdrawals was not affected by old wallet.
Orphans? Fork? Where is checkpoint to point to new chain? Last was at block 3082 so?
I wrote to admin of discord don't know if he read my message hope yes.

Also big question is when exchanges will be available.

Regards.

fullerheat

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:43:35 AM

Even no disbalance in PoS.
He simply alter source and use PoW so it's only illusion.
This coins unspendable.
Where hi get 20 coins from?

Check code.
==================
main.h

27 static const int64_t STATIC_REWARD = 20 * COIN;
==================

But as nodes have right client they never accept that.
Actually it's known attack but he need 51% of all network for success.
Unreal.
Second thing orphans. I think that a lot of orphans because another new coin use same ports. 7117,7118
I post about that, see post #664
Block timeshift can be corrected too. It's not a big deal.
I hope developers will fix that soon. In my opinion even not needs to do hardfork.
About exchanges. I think no needs to disable deposits and withdrawals because market will go down soon.
Nobody need coin that can't buy or sale.
Tell me if I'm wrong.
you dont need 51% to do an attack on pos.

deposits and withdraws are most likely suspended due to the fork as a safety percaution, no harm done in that.

@Perp    Thank you for your explanation.   Why would those coins be unspendable (are you 100% sure that they would be rejected by a majority of nodes)?  If so, what was the perpetrator's purpose in attempting that and how were those 20 reward screenshots taken from the block explorer, if those transactions were indeed true?  

Also, have you seen this type of attack on other PoS coins, other similar attacks on PoW coins?  There have been so many attacks this past week on various coins like Verge and others like Stipend which have also have to suspend exchange trading while updating their codebase.  I read a post somewhere that these types of hacks are just getting started for 2018 as there is so much bad code out there from too many clones with outdated, vulnerable code.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Perp

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:10:47 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 05:27:45 AM by Perp

You are right. about old code. 5 Years old code not so good.
Target of screens was to show "how cool I am"
 Unspendable until nodes confirm it. Again It's possible to spend. I remember about blackcoin when was possible to send blackcoins to litecoin network (someone made big money) but they fixed it
too fast) But not so simple. I don't think that this "mom's basement hacker" can do that. (I have some knowledge because worked before in other developer team but I'm not against Deviant too. I hope this coin will be success.)
So don't trust some gentle uploaders both binaries and blockchains. Only from developers!
Everyone can split blockchain (because opensource) and PoS concept is (unfortunately) that miners will accept all splits of (homemade) blockchains.
There is reason where is orphans from. So need to put checkpoints more often to avoid bad chains. But it's on developers responsibility.
Sorry for my bad English. Not my native.

ADD

More info: good old one

https://bitfury.com/content/downloads/pos-vs-pow-1.0.2.pdf

Regards.
Deviant X (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:38:09 AM

Aloha Deviants!!

We surely had a challenging, yet amazing week with some major developments which were mentioned in our last announcement. We DEVS, had a back breaking discussion cycle and the result of which we had a breakthrough which led to correction of two main issues which has been listed below:

1. The blocktime drift scenario
2. Irregular masternode payments.

We have achieved this through a hard fork which will be implemented from the block 255000 .

We are extremely concerned by the inconvenience caused to our fellow Deviants due to all of this. So,we are pleased to announce that from the block 255000 to 256439, everyone gets double the reward for a day's worth. i.e. for 1440 blocks!!!

Kindly make sure all Masternodes, Staking wallets and regular wallets are updated with the new build. The new version number is 1.0.1.0

Cool Cool Please do consider this as our way of making it up to our fellow Deviants who have been wonderfully supportive!!!  Cool Cool

We are currently updating our GitHub page on the new wallets. Currently, Linux has been compiled and is ready for release. The rest are being compiled and will be out shortly.

Below is the link for the wallets:

https://github.com/Deviantcoin/Wallet/tree/master/Deviantcoin%20(Linux)   --> Linux
https://github.com/Deviantcoin/Wallet/raw/master/DeviantCoin-QT-(Windows)/DeviantCoin-qt.exe  --> Windows

As far as exchange freezes are concerned, they will resume services and/or announce it. Please do understand that they have couple of protocols to be taken into account before resuming the service.

And finally, goes without saying.. HODL and meet you by the next announcement which will be of the whitepaper release!

Go DEV!!

greenbear

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:35:57 PM

wallet 1.0.1.0 not sync. how to fix it?
soixantedix

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:17:11 PM

head to deviant discord. there is ongoing bounty giving away 1 dev for first 1000 users, who post printscreen of dev wallet.
Perp

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:59:40 PM

@Deviant X
Just compiled version v2.0.0.0-60029 and can say that everything going very well.
This version can be considered as production....  So congrats DEV team.

Regards.
crd007

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:38:29 AM

I really can't understand why the price keeps going up while the blockchain is totally fucked up at this moment ..??
Everybody in discord is complaining. Admin is doing nothing. Meanwhile there are like 1000 new splitted chains. Damn whats wrong here? Seems like this coin is just subject of speculation on cryptopia and none of those traders cares about this project at all. Not a really good point to start from .. This project will collapse sooner or later (my guess). That's why I'm out here for now. :/

Deviant X (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:33:51 PM

I really can't understand why the price keeps going up while the blockchain is totally fucked up at this moment ..??
Everybody in discord is complaining. Admin is doing nothing. Meanwhile there are like 1000 new splitted chains. Damn whats wrong here? Seems like this coin is just subject of speculation on cryptopia and none of those traders cares about this project at all. Not a really good point to start from .. This project will collapse sooner or later (my guess). That's why I'm out here for now. :/

Please do substantiate your claim. We have ,over the span of two days released three updates. Does that mean that we are releasing or pulling new wallet versions out of thin Air? And your whining of having 1000 new split chains is also false. Please head to the original explorer right now to see for yourself. It is sad to see people like yourself pulling out due to fear under doubt.

djhomeschool

Activity: 340
Merit: 164

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

Please do substantiate your claim. We have ,over the span of two days released three updates. Does that mean that we are releasing or pulling new wallet versions out of thin Air? And your whining of having 1000 new split chains is also false. Please head to the original explorer right now to see for yourself. It is sad to see people like yourself pulling out due to fear under doubt.

The first two updates resulted in dozens of new chains. The 3rd update reverted everybody to the original chain.
iluminati6666

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:44:27 PM

we should dump this coin and stop investing here because i dont think these devs know what they are doing
qq50635

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

Why 25 three nodes to the C net's currency has been less than zhang, version upgrade yesterday to the node has not normal today, today to upgrade to version 2.0, the node has been updated to 9 hours ago stop, please.
crd007

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:06:53 PM

Should better be one update to fix it all. Feels a bit sloppy to publish buggy code!

Punjabi

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:50:29 PM

Should better be one update to fix it all. Feels a bit sloppy to publish buggy code!
and again the price still stays and goes up xD
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

we should dump this coin and stop investing here because i dont think these devs know what they are doing
How many coins do you have to dump? Devs are working on the project and I'm sure lots of people will be happy to catch some deviant coins for cheap Wink
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:16:57 PM

After hard syncing night looks like ver. 2.1.0 works good, i have done a test transactions without troubles.
Block time issue solved. Reward normalised. Awaiting breaking of 100k

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
fastlan

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:32:26 AM

After hard syncing night looks like ver. 2.1.0 works good, i have done a test transactions without troubles.
Block time issue solved. Reward normalised. Awaiting breaking of 100k
only up from here!
ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:29:55 AM

5 blocs/mn is still better than previous 10-12 but the hard fork on bloc 275K will come in around 14h
i hope you are very prepared this time because another fail could be fatal when exchange will open again
crd007

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

Deviant wallet is the only wallet on my Windows Server which constantly uses one core @ 100 Percent. Can this please be corrected? There is some bug in the code I guess because I run 10 Wallets for staking and they all use just 1 Percent of one core. And those are the same copy&paste wallets as this one.
Please fix this. Thanks Smiley

Wolf762

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:06:05 PM

How can I send the deviant that I have in my android wallet to another wallet if android is not updated?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: