Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Take profits – But into what?  (Read 413 times)
KryptoK (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 07:54:50 AM

Hi,

I started with Crypto Last Year in September so before the big run up where everything was green every day. That’s when you think you are so good in trading Cryptos😉

Everybody knows what happened … the little dip  Shocked and of course I didn't take any profits before the dip, so it was also hard to buy the dip afterwards.

My Question is now when I take profits to stake up for the next dip, into what should I convert it?
Do you convert into FIAT and in the Dip you put it back to Crypto or do you convert to a Top 3 Crypto?
Do use Tether as it should be stable?

Let me know your way  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

Everyone decides what to do.
A person can invest money in absolutely any coin, which you might not like.
He can wait a year, two, ten .... and blindly follow someone's advice, very stupid.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

GelsoAM

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:19:22 AM

If you profit in alts and you don't want to risk anymore that you profited then go change it to USD but if you want to still risk just put it to BTC so it can go up or down.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:34:44 AM

I look in to all cryptocurrency price now almost going up and down at the same time so to keep the profit and avoid other risk just keep that your profit in to USDT, this is more safe when any bad news related cryptocurrency because all crypto will drop at the same times.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:46:57 AM

I keep my profit in BTC because it's way better for me in terms of taxes.
Capital gains tax isn't applied when you don't convert your BTC into fiat, at least it's not in my country. (US is different)

I also think that Bitcoin is a pretty good long term investment, even these crashes don't really scare me. I've seen it all before.

KryptoK (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:28:11 AM

My thougts are in NEO because it generates GAS so you have the additional income which compensates the losses in a Dip at least a little bit.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:57:29 AM

Hi,

I started with Crypto Last Year in September so before the big run up where everything was green every day. That’s when you think you are so good in trading Cryptos😉

Everybody knows what happened … the little dip  Shocked and of course I didn't take any profits before the dip, so it was also hard to buy the dip afterwards.

My Question is now when I take profits to stake up for the next dip, into what should I convert it?
Do you convert into FIAT and in the Dip you put it back to Crypto or do you convert to a Top 3 Crypto?

its our prerogative on what to do,either to extend my investment by putting the profit to another coins or to convert into fiat,but mei convert every earning into fiats so if dip happens i can buy another bitcoin so my bitcoin continuously increasing without adding my own money into crypto again
vijendra singh

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 11:01:27 AM

To make the expected profit, we need to be in game always. If you don't give up trading, you will definitely make profit one day. Try to trade in top coins and you can go for some good ICO projects also.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:04:09 AM

I look in to all cryptocurrency price now almost going up and down at the same time so to keep the profit and avoid other risk just keep that your profit in to USDT, this is more safe when any bad news related cryptocurrency because all crypto will drop at the same times.

USDT is safe till Tether implodes, which inevitably is going to happen at some point in the future. It's basically you exposing yourself to two major risks. Firstly, that your funds are on-exchange exposing yourself to hacks and insider theft, and secondly, you depend on Tether to keep functioning. Tether trading is like Russian roulette, which is completely unnessary, and can be easily avoided. But then again, who's going to listen to that? People keep doing what they want till it's too late to do something about it. Roll Eyes
traderperspective

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:11:08 AM

If you want to take profit to hold for when another dip comes, you should find coins that are either very resistant to the overall market-cap. By this, I mean coins that, when the market falls 50% 'only' falls 25%. You can look at the graph history from this dip and see if there are any particular coins with a better resistance. And then check whether this was true in other dips as well.

Otherwise, there are really only fiat and USDT to move into, if you want to take profits that is meant to be used for buying crypto at a point in time, where you believe the prices are lower than the moment where you sell.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:36:28 PM

Hi,

for me if im doing short trading if i already gain 20 to 30% profit i already take profit for that gain and buy another coin for the longterm coins thats i manage my porfolio you always rebalance your porfolio so could manage na fund that you have.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:48:53 PM

Hi,

You can do anything with your asset and change your strategy anytime you like. Take profit ( convert ) need to be done to safe and grow up your asset and the time is as your wish. I'm not prefer with tether and fiat, just for btc, eth and ltc only. From your post I can see you're fit for long term period trader/ invest because you can wait until big dipper.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Emperor of Man

Activity: 885
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

I usually turn my profit into the main cryptocurrencies as you said (mostly BTC and ETH). They will rise with the market progress and give you profit, and also make further investments easy (specially ETH).

Whenever I tried to go to USD for any reason I only lost money...  Sad
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:29:41 PM

Hi,

Actually if I am already earn enough profit or more I usually turn this into fiat where I can see my hard works in things since I buy some usefull things for me to see what I did.
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:42:50 PM

It will be better if you convert it into coin or token which will give you pasive income rather than only convert it into fiat and get nothing. I will give you a simple example, look in this calculator https://dimensions.network/en/calculator this is what people like you or investors get if you buy this token, actually it still an ICO untill 24 february.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:55:13 PM

it really depends on you and your plans and what you believe in.

what "I" believe in is bitcoin. so obviously i keep the profit in bitcoin. for example when price drops i buy more bitcoin and any profit that i ever make from any trades will be stored in bitcoin.
my plan is that i want to have a very large amount of bitcoin in the near future (a couple of years)

never store in Tether. you can use it for a very short time or use it to transfer fiat between exchanges if possible but NEVER use it for long time because it is a very risky and shady coin.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:13:57 PM

Hi,

I hate tether!
Anyway, if you had profits you have been just lucky, not skilled. In my opinion the best think to do is to pick a strategy and go with it, no matter what... If you are too susceptible to temporary drops and rises, maybe this business is not for you...
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:29:46 PM

Hi,

I think it depend on you're situation if you feel that is not enough profits.then if you want to exchange it to fiat,go for it but make sure on what you doing.bitcoin currency is unstable value.sometimes dump and pump.too risky to make trades so don't be aggressive on it.just be patient. That's my little advice to you pal.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:52:50 PM

In most of the countries if you are converting your Bitcoin/crypto to fiat currency then you are entitled to pay taxes as you gain income from capital gains so if you have any intentions to reinvest your profit then it is recommended to convert profit into the most stable altcoins. Stability is a rare case when it comes to crypto but I don't see any other viable option other than this one.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:53:51 PM

I usually sell my cryptocurrencies profits then buy my local Fiat which I hold waiting for dips.if one ever happens then I can buy bitcoins and then buy the altcoins I need.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: