Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to gather support for an ICO?  (Read 110 times)
madhavanmalolan (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

Its been a while since we've been seeing ICOs happening.

Are there some guidelines one can come up with to reach out to the community and get them to participate in the ICO?

The most solid compilation that i have got to date is this :
https://medium.com/@mccannatron/guide-to-launching-an-initial-coin-offering-ico-94587af2c8d5

But this doesn't talk about how to make sure you are able to reach out to the potential investors for your ICO.

I know this is a very vague quesetion, but, any leads on this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magle

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:37:42 AM

Really? I see new ICO's every single day. Not only here on Bitcointalk, also on other sites.

Are there some guidelines one can come up with to reach out to the community and get them to participate in the ICO?

https://medium.com/@mccannatron/guide-to-launching-an-initial-coin-offering-ico-94587af2c8d5

But this doesn't talk about how to make sure you are able to reach out to the potential investors for your ICO.

Many ICO's make a Bounty campaign here on Bitcointalk (see bounty subforum). Where they offer tokens /coins for people spreading the word about the ICO on Twitter, Facebook etc.

Others simply pure in a lot of money in banner advertising around web targeting crypto enthusiasts.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:49:20 AM

Are you going to launch your ICO? or you are looking to participate in ICO?

Because the topic looks differ from the question you are asking.

If you looking to participate in ICO there are lots of bounties are launching everyday but everyone is paying in their instead of tokens,so you can find them at the bounties section of alternative crypto currencies.Now a days very less ICOs launching signature campaign which paying in bitcoin are less due to the high price of bitcoin.

Or if you are looking for the investors to your ICO then you should advertise them on signature and bounty campaigns then only you can find investors.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:49:58 AM

There are numerous ways to get good support for an ICO. One of such is through the community. The dev. of such ICO should try every means to carry the community along on every step taken. Also, questions and opinions from the community members should be promptly attended to. This world the community members to do more for the project to succeed.
cryptowye

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:56:20 AM

Bounty and airdrop almost the best way to extend exposure and building community especially for newer startups, which 99% icos are in this category.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:03:38 AM

You are right that this query sounds vague. It would help if you respond to a few replies gaining mutual clarity and proactive support. From what one can understand, either you want to help learning how to promote an ico, with the widest reach and investment, or like someone asked looking to launch an ico. Whatever the traditional methods used, one needs to be creative and fervent enough to capture interest.
madhavanmalolan (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:44:21 PM

I am sorry for the ambiguity.
I am looking for ways that i can find people to invest in my ICO (if i do one).
madhavanmalolan (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Also, can someone point me to the right resources to learn about a Bounty program?
How is it structured?
How is it executed?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: